The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by connieiscrazy
Yes, hi :smile: What course are you doing and what grades do you need?

If I get into Durham, University will be my college :smile:

Ahhh you get to live in the castle right? I'm so jealous!
Single figures guys 😮
Original post by marcobruni98
Considering C is the average

Not sure where you got that idea from. For the most popular subjects then generally over half the entry is awarded a grade B or higher, going up to around 64% of entries gaining a B or higher in Mathematics. (Source: http://www.jcq.org.uk/examination-results/a-levels/2015/a-as-and-aea-results-summer-2015)

TSR is very unrepresentative for GCSEs but for AS/A2 it seems to be quite a fair representation of students as a whole.
(edited 7 years ago)
Who else feels time slowing down?
Original post by chloeabeki
All of those maths modules! I found C3 the best, C4 was okay, D1 was... very weird and possibly the worst D1 exam TIME-wise. They put all the most time consuming things in this year!
Considering my high A at AS I think I will scrape an A overall lol

I don't really remember how C3 went, I think C4 was my best exam and I have never had trouble with completing an exam, but for D1 I was rushing towards the end barely finishing. I have no idea what to expect 😭😭
I would be perfectly happy not knowing my results. Just: did I get in? Yes = yay. No = fine, I'll move on to some hopefully greener pastures. nodonttellmehowbadlyiscrewedup.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vik1234
UEA law?

That is my insurance. :tongue:
*cri*
Original post by Anon_98
*cri*

:sad:
:console:
:hugs:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
:sad:
:console:
:hugs:

Ily.

What time will you be collecting your results?
Original post by Anon_98
Ily.

What time will you be collecting your results?

Ily2 :heart:
They'll be emailed to me at 8am... Well, hopefully. :biggrin: You?
Does anyone else feel like they don't want to check on the 18th?

I honestly don't think I'm going to check.

I just know it's going to make everything feel much more terrible bc I genuinely did awful in most of my exams + I can't deal with anything getting any more terrible. :cry:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Ily2 :heart:
They'll be emailed to me at 8am... Well, hopefully. :biggrin: You?

Ahh yes, also emailed! but at 6am aha.

<3
Original post by Altun63
Just out of curiosity...

Is there anyway to start a course at one University from year one and then go to another to start the same course at year 2 ?

Can it be done or is this just nonsense?

It can be done but it requires both courses to be compatible (rarer than you'd think), good first year marks and generally a university will require transfer students to meet the entry criteria for first year entry too (so it isn't a route you can use to "trade up" if you miss the grades).
Original post by lfcrules
Yeah !

!!! Hopefully we will be classmates! 😂 how did the exams go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medstudent1010
Hey,I'm just curious as to which unis you applied to?

Oxford, UCL, Imperial & King's

Which would explain my lack of a place!
Original post by usycool1
I'm sorry man :frown: I was actually in a very similar position to you in Year 13 - I too applied to 3 BMAT Uni's and got 4 pre-interview rejections (but I didn't get a 9 - congrats!). I reapplied and am happy at Imperial now though so I'm sure it'll end up working out for you.

I tried my luck at calling up Med Schools on results day but to no avail. Are you going to reapply next year?*

Yeah, I'll almost definitely be reapplying (grade-dependent of course) unless some miracle happens to me on August 18th!
Original post by LPauling
Chemistry Hild bede you?

Law at University. Good luck for next Thursday, I'm sure you'll get in :smile:

Original post by chloeabeki
Ahhh you get to live in the castle right? I'm so jealous!

Maybe! I know not all accommodation is in the actual castle building itself but I'll still get to join in with all the formals and stuff :smile:
Original post by Cadherin
Yeah, I applied to 3 BMAT Unis, got 9.0, 4.5, 2A and still got 4 pre-interview rejections :angry:

Better luck next time I suppose! (Although a couple from my school got into Imperial and Newcastle by ringing up on Reuslts Day with 2A*+). If pigs might fly, that might happen to me as well!

well damn, getting rejected pre interview with a 9... ouch :/ it's definitely the essay, but at the same time if someone had a 9 in a section, I wouldn't let them go*

I'm planning on doing the same, especially since I already have a biomed place at Newcastle. call the other unis that rejected you, I've heard about last minute people getting into Kings ^^ lets see if I even get A*AA lolololfml
Everything depends on these results. I don't even know whether or not to start UKCAT practice but there's a pretty high chance I won't get AAA 😭 It's the coursework that's pulls my grades down, always.

Quick Reply

Latest