Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Ashley Young. Sorted.
    lol is there a tranfer rumour your not telling us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Heaton is U21s keeper. Could throw Neville in there and bring Scholes back from retirement :p: Then there is Bridge and if you want to scrape the barrel; Sidwell.
    Foster
    Brown Rio Terry A.Cole
    Hargreaves Carrick Lampard
    SWP Rooney J.Cole
    Bench: Heaton, Neville, Bridge, Scholes, Sidwell, Campbell, Welbeck

ReputationRep:
    I'm only saying. If we can't form a complete England team from United and Chelsea players (as if it were a meaningful discussion; Steven Gerrard?) then we need only borrow Young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwback)
    Foster
    Brown Rio Terry A.Cole
    SWP Rooney J.Cole
    Bench: Heaton, Neville, Bridge, Scholes, Sidwell, ???, Welbeck
    who?

ReputationRep:
    Foster
    Brown Rio Terry A.Cole
    SWP Rooney J.Cole
    Bench: Heaton, Neville, Bridge, Scholes, Sidwell, ???, Welbeck
    Frazier Campbell :cool:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Scott Sinclair ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    who?
    Danny Welbeck, a 17/18 year old United forward, hasn't actually played first team football yet but trains with the first team and has been on the bench a lot

Frazier Campbell :cool:
    :p: edited.

ReputationRep:
    Check this out guys :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-J0B9voPkE

Bit similar to Alonso's FA Cup goal a few years back, but better. Hard to do, got some bloody good length on the kick before it bounced :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It's funny when you consider that almost a full English 11 can be picked from the two teams that are currently the best in Europe yet England can't qualify for a European competition

Foster :cool:
    Brown Rio Terry A.Cole
    SWP Rooney J.Cole
    'cos we had an idiot for a manager and our team isn't as good as most people think. Plus that logic you've just used is horrendous.

Wright Phillips would have to go on the wing in a 433 formation, though he hasn't played much in the run in. I'd say that team could win anything.
    You can't be serious, right? That team's average or just above average at best. There's real problems with the formation as well, such as none of SWP, Rooney, J.Cole being prolific goalscorers or a lack of real width in the midfield as you'd be expecting SWP and Cole to get in the box, or the absence of a target man etc. We'd certainly get beat by the likes of France, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina IMO (and probably quite easily).

ReputationRep:
    Ok, maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration but the starting XI could compete domestically at least. It lacks height up front so wouldn't be as effective as Chelsea but would have topped our Euro 2008 qualifying group if those 11 had played every game IMO.

Even with McClown in control, a fully fit team would have qualified with ease over the last campaign.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration but the starting XI could compete domestically at least. It lacks height up front so wouldn't be as effective as Chelsea but would have topped our Euro 2008 qualifying group if those 11 had played every game IMO.

Even with McClown in control, a fully fit team would have qualified with ease over the last campaign.
    ;yes;

Brrr.. the man makes me shiver

ReputationRep:

Yeah, that's fair. At least we're much more likely to be at the World Cup in 2 years :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    --------Rooney--Ashton----
    -----------Bentley----------
    -------Lampard--Gerrard----
    -----------Hargreaves------
    Cole---Ferdinand---Terry--Richards (is he fit?)
    ------------James----------

A.Cole and Richards can provide width considering they are both pacey/attacking, and Hargreaves is in the holding role.

ReputationRep:
    Terry is England captain tomorrow. Capello decided ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent news. Despite what people may say about Terry, his England captaincy record is impeccable.

ReputationRep:
    Is it? :hmmmm: I'd like to see stats on that, seeing as though we failed to qualify :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    'cos we had an idiot for a manager and our team isn't as good as most people think. Plus that logic you've just used is horrendous.

You can't be serious, right? That team's average or just above average at best. There's real problems with the formation as well, such as none of SWP, Rooney, J.Cole being prolific goalscorers or a lack of real width in the midfield as you'd be expecting SWP and Cole to get in the box, or the absence of a target man etc. We'd certainly get beat by the likes of France, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina IMO (and probably quite easily).
    Lost your sense of humour or something? It wasn't a particularly serious point I was making, and if you want to get into technicalities, you'll have noticed I put in SWP and the bench later on.

Plus note I said "an almost full 11". You don't think I'd seriously imagine having Ben Foster in goal at this stage against the likes of Brazil, Italy and Argentina do you?

':cool:', ':p:', '' in posts usually indicates you should take them half heartedly, unless you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Is it? :hmmmm: I'd like to see stats on that, seeing as though we failed to qualify :s:
    How many matches did we lose when he was captain (and on the pitch)?

We (in competitions) lost 1 game, drew 1, and won 7.

ReputationRep:
    Terry is England captain tomorrow. Capello decided ages ago.
    Wonder if he cried when he found out? :ninja:

I have to admit I have no interest in this friendly...teams just won a double, and Euro 08 is close....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    How many matches did we lose when he was captain (and on the pitch)?
    I've no idea, hence me asking for stats

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.