32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The christmas teaser told you more than you realise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The 11th Doc? David Morrissey has been known on set as being 'The Other Doctor'...

ReputationRep:
    i have a question; why isn't david tennant allowed to speak with his own accent? i bet that's a pain in the butt for him... or maybe he just acts like that.. i don't know. i've never seen him in anything else... haha. answers?

and argh! what did it tell you? tell me! i'm thick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i have a question; why isn't david tennant allowed to speak with his own accent? i bet that's a pain in the butt for him... or maybe he just acts like that.. i don't know. i've never seen him in anything else... haha. answers?

Not sure if the world, nay, universe is ready for a Scottish doctor
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

I'm not sure whether it was his choice or the producer's choice... He does have quite a strong Scottish accent in real life. It's amazing how he does it though, I think speaking without his accent comes almost naturally to him.

ReputationRep:

Yeah i imagine it is sometimes a pain, but it is part of his acting and therefore does show of his acting abilities. I think he chose not to use his Scottish accent because the other actors before hand no distinguished reigonal accent, i suppose Eccelstone in a way did.
    I've seen him in other dramas, and hes got a really nice voice where he uses his own accent. However i think it's clever that he can manage to talk in an English accent, it looks like it just comes natural.
    Maybe the producers also prefered him to use an English accent rather than this own? Dunno really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Naughty)
    Yeah i imagine it is sometimes a pain, but it is part of his acting and therefore does show of his acting abilities. I think he chose not to use his Scottish accent because the other actors before hand no distinguished reigonal accent, i suppose Eccelstone in a way did.
    I've seen him in other dramas, and hes got a really nice voice where he uses his own accent. However i think it's clever that he can manage to talk in an English accent, it looks like it just comes natural.
    Maybe the producers also prefered him to use an English accent rather than this own? Dunno really!
    The Doctor's English, damnit!

I mean, you wouldn't see a Scottish James Bond, would you...........

.....hang on.:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    The Doctor's English, damnit!

I mean, you wouldn't see a Scottish James Bond, would you...........

.....hang on.:ninja:
    Thats what i meant when i said

I think he chose not to use his Scottish accent because the other actors before hand no distinguished reigonal accent
    So chill out james bond wanabee!

:p:

Anyway David Tennant rocks so :rock:

ReputationRep:
    So chill out james bond wanabee!

Anyway David Tennant rocks so :rock:
    I'm perfectly chilled, thankyou!:rolleyes:

Well, Tom Baker just had a weird voice. Ecclestone did speak with his own, unadulterated accent - born and raised in Salford ["lots of planets have a north!"]. The rest of the actors to have taken the role have had pretty normal English accents, Peter Davidson, John Pertwee, etc...
    Even The Master has moreorless always been stereotypically English, too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm perfectly chilled, thankyou!:rolleyes:

Well, Tom Baker just had a weird voice. Ecclestone did speak with his own, unadulterated accent - born and raised in Salford ["lots of planets have a north!"]. The rest of the actors to have taken the role have had pretty normal English accents, Peter Davidson, John Pertwee, etc...
    Even The Master has moreorless always been stereotypically English, too.

Yes Tom Baker does natrually have a weird voice. And weird hair in doctor who.

And if your 'perfectly chilled' then act it! :rolleyes: :cool:

deary deary me!

ReputationRep:
    Yes Tom Baker does natrually have a weird voice. And weird hair in doctor who.

And if your 'perfectly chilled' then act it! :rolleyes: :cool:

deary deary me!
    But an awesome scarf, so we don't mind.

*you're

it is on bbc3 now

ReputationRep:
    But an awesome scarf, so we don't mind.

*you're

;catfight;

Oh i'm soooo sooo sorry. Didn't know we were studying English in this thread. My bad :rolleyes:

An awesome scarf, yes - in your opinion.

I'm probably over analysing this as pure usual(!)
    But just rewatching the scene where the original doctor leaves Rose.
    He says that he saved the universe at a cost and that cost is the clone doctor. And he adds the other doctor is a big threat to be left on his own so Rose needs to be with him.
    Does that mean she could have gone with the original doctor?
    God this is confusing!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really get the finale, but thats the only episode I watched all the way through. I think Catherine Tate was actually fantastic though, its the first time I've seen her act properly.

Anyone wanna give me the low down of what actually happened?
    And it was well sad when Donna had to go back to being... Human.

ReputationRep:
    Do people think our Doctor will ever see Rose again? Rose will probably be happy enough with the copy in time, but it's not the same- it's just not the same. I don't get why they couldn't have found a way that the Doctor and Rose couldn't travel round again? They seem to have eliminated that possibility for the future, but I guess Billie Piper didn't want to come back- although I had heard a rumour she was coming back for next season- can anyone shed a light on this?

ReputationRep:
    ;catfight;

Oh i'm soooo sooo sorry. Didn't know we were studying English in this thread. My bad :rolleyes:
    An awesome scarf, yes - in your opinion.

I'm probably over analysing this as pure usual(!)
    But just rewatching the scene where the original doctor leaves Rose.
    He says that he saved the universe at a cost and that cost is the clone doctor. And he adds the other doctor is a big threat to be left on his own so Rose needs to be with him.
    Does that mean she could have gone with the original doctor?
    God this is confusing!
    You love it really

The Doctor said that Rose helped him originally and the clone needed the same level of help. He didn't originally want to be with Rose because he wouldn't/couldn't grow old and die with her.
    Rose could have gone with the real [:rolleyes:] Doctor, but that would have left the 'dangerous' clone alone.

ReputationRep:
    You love it really

The Doctor said that Rose helped him originally and the clone needed the same level of help. He didn't originally want to be with Rose because he wouldn't/couldn't grow old and die with her.
    Rose could have gone with the real [:rolleyes:] Doctor, but that would have left the 'dangerous' clone alone.
    Ahh right, thanks for the clearup. I was just getting so confused, cos i was like if she was able to go with him then why didn't she?! But now i understand thats why the real doctor said thats the price they have to pay.

God i have to stop analysing this episode!

It's hard though. Very hard, god dammit! :rolleyes:

And yes i do love it really...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right, thanks for the clearup. I was just getting so confused, cos i was like if she was able to go with him then why didn't she?! But now i understand thats why the real doctor said thats the price they have to pay.

God i have to stop analysing this episode!

It's hard though. Very hard, god dammit! :rolleyes:

And yes i do love it really...:rolleyes:
    Yeah you do

You have to move on! You have to....er.... get the dvds and re-watch the first series again?:p:

You know, I think the Doctor is a *little* bit emo.... Think about it, he has the chance to be happy, but he chose to go alone, to sit in his huge old TARDIS with just himself and his freakishly large brain...

No? Just me? Ok......

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you do

You have to move on! You have to....er.... get the dvds and re-watch the first series again?:p:

You know, I think the Doctor is a *little* bit emo.... Think about it, he has the chance to be happy, but he chose to go alone, to sit in his huge old TARDIS with just himself and his freakishly large brain...

No? Just me? Ok......
    Yeah i ought to buy the first series actually, got the 2nd series, personally has to be one of my favs in the new series' aswell as this latest season.
    However what i did catch of the first new series, was very good.
    Think i saw the first episode, 'Rose' - think its called?
    One with gas masks and people going 'Are you my mummy'? lol :p:
    And the last one. Which is brilliant.

Yup he is hugely emo, but you gotta love it. Well i do, it just makes you feel sorry for him. And he's all cute and everything. Well you may not agree with me on that, but yeh...
    And lets face it, he's not going to be on his own for too long, someone is going to snap him up. And although i wish it was me...it sadly isn't.

Yes, just you. And only you. But hey if it works for you then hec, go for it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    think im gonna watch series 1 and 2 again, i :love: the doctor and rose :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i ought to buy the first series actually, got the 2nd series, personally has to be one of my favs in the new series' aswell as this latest season.
    However what i did catch of the first new series, was very good.
    Think i saw the first episode, 'Rose' - think its called?
    One with gas masks and people going 'Are you my mummy'? lol :p:
    And the last one. Which is brilliant.

Yup he is hugely emo, but you gotta love it. Well i do, it just makes you feel sorry for him. And he's all cute and everything. Well you may not agree with me on that, but yeh...
    And lets face it, he's not going to be on his own for too long, someone is going to snap him up. And although i wish it was me...it sadly isn't.

Yes, just you. And only you. But hey if it works for you then hec, go for it. :p:
    Oddly enough, no, I don't agree with you on the whole "he's cute" issue... Wonder why that is..:rolleyes:

I need to get the dvds too, actually. Though, I'd never get anything done!

And how rude! Just because I'm special there's no reason to pick on me!
    [You're special too - but not in the same way ]

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.