This discussion is closed.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
Hi guys, how are you all?

I saw my psychiatrist yesterday for the first time in agggges we had a good chat but she wants to have a big meeting with me, my parents,herself and another psychiatrist. I really don't want to though because the last time we had a meeting with my parents it ended up in an argument

She says it's compulsory for them to know how I'm getting on. Aren't there any rules in regards to confidentiality?
I saw a psychiatric nurse today for an assessment, and he told me that everything would be completely confidential unless they thought there was a risk to me or someone else - i.e. if my SH was getting out of hand, they thought I was a big suicide risk or that I was contemplating murder or something. So as long as you're not in any of these situations, I think you'd be within your rights to decline this meeting.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I saw my psychiatrist yesterday for the first time in agggges we had a good chat but she wants to have a big meeting with me, my parents,herself and another psychiatrist. I really don't want to though because the last time we had a meeting with my parents it ended up in an argument

She says it's compulsory for them to know how I'm getting on. Aren't there any rules in regards to confidentiality?
Depends on your age.

I'd have thought if you really didn't want a meeting with them your psych would respect your wishes unless like NIY says there's a good reason to go against them.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Yes, there are rules. Gillick competence and all (google it!) My counsellor explained everything to me last week, but I've not retained everything, just the thing that matters to me: my parents will NEVER be contacted (yay!)

--
Feeling crap.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I miss Stephanie :cry:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just want her back It hurts :cry:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: becki
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why did she leave me?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs:
I know things are hard becki.
But we are all here for you, and will do anything we can to help.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for you both.

I just don't understand why she left me. I want her back. She's gone. I don't like that. I just want her here. Why was she taken away????????

Sorry
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
:hugs: for you both.

I just don't understand why she left me. I want her back. She's gone. I don't like that. I just want her here. Why was she taken away????????

Sorry

---
wanting to feel the vodka burn, but I should sleep instead... why do I not have the will power :cry:
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Bah, got results from knee x-rays and they were 'normal' so the doctor's just reiterated that the pain I'm suffering is likely due to my weight

And I've decided to go on a break from modding to try and limit the stress I'm under.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)

---
wanting to feel the vodka burn, but I should sleep instead... why do I not have the will power :cry:
Are you getting pissed? It gives relief - only temporarily.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some positive news...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...health.libdems
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The stuff about waiting lists, in particular, is an excellent idea.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Last night I had maaajor panicking about school today. I was up until 2am shaking and feeling sick and telling my best friend ICAN'TICAN'TICAN'TICAN'T! But, I got up this morning and went in and did not chicken out, so I was proud of that. It wasn't too horrendous because I had a free, so I just sat and read, followed by English which is my favourite subject and not too taxing. I was having the odd moment of anxiety, but mostly I was really pleased with how I was coping.

Then halfway through my English lesson I started to feel really ill and spent the rest of the hour sat in the toilets with my head between my knees trying not to pass out. I don't think that was down to anxiety, I think I may have been genuinely unwell, but it knocked my confidence so I didn't go to my next lesson and I was angry, frustrated and scared for the rest of the day. I came home at lunch time on the advice of my mum, since all I had this afternoon was PE and I'm still quite weak from being physically ill so I might as well be at home resting, ready to do it all again tomorrow.

Overall I think it was a lot better than it could have been - certainly the positive first part of the day made me quite optimistic that I can beat this. I wish it hadn't gone downhill after that, but on the whole I'm quite pleased. Mum has just phoned the school to arrange a meeting with the head of sixth form so that she can explain what's going on and see if the school can help by giving me work to do at home to make up for missed lessons etc.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Are you getting pissed? It gives relief - only temporarily.
I know it only does temporarily but I can only hope. Hope that one day it might kill me, and preferably soon...
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Some positive news...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...health.libdems
I'd vote for them, just on hearing that. I hope someone does something about that someday, esp the 3 month waiting list: it sounds a great idea! (And maybe kick the NHS up the butt?)
xXChaosXx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Today I felt really bad. I feel like things are so tight inside of me that one day i will just break. I feel like i cant talk to people- half of them just wouldnt understand.. and the only few people who might- i dont want to feel like I'm bothering them, coz i know they have all been through much worse stuff than me.

Today I accidently stepped in front of a double decker bus. As i turned and saw it coming towards me so fast, there was a bit of me that didnt want to move out of the way.

I am scared. I am alone.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xXChaosXx)
Today I felt really bad. I feel like things are so tight inside of me that one day i will just break. I feel like i cant talk to people- half of them just wouldnt understand.. and the only few people who might- i dont want to feel like I'm bothering them, coz i know they have all been through much worse stuff than me.

Today I accidently stepped in front of a double decker bus. As i turned and saw it coming towards me so fast, there was a bit of me that didnt want to move out of the way.

I am scared. I am alone.
You're definitely not alone. That post was so similar to my own feelings that I actually wondered if I'd had some kind of strange sleepwalking episode and written it myself without realising. I know exactly how hard it is to feel that there's nobody you can talk to, and to think that their problems outweigh yours and make you feel guilty for feeling how you do. But this isn't true, because no matter what your friends have been through, that doesn't change what you're going through now and it doesn't make your illness any less real or scary. You will feel better soon, I promise. PM me if you need a chat.

Charley
xx
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone around?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads