I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society VI Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stray_talk
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Crimson Black)
Well, it's been on for three days and has a red attention tag now. Angeli (sp?) has said she was going to look it over, but I can always appreciate a second opinion even if it is a sentence.

Oooh, primary PGCE! Fun times with little kids... eh... that sounds dodgy. :woo:
Oi, I'm going to be doing that and it's lovely :tongue: stop dodgy-ing it up :tongue:
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One minute this thread's full of RAFers and the next minute full of teachers! Crazy world.
Teofilo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Neither job particularly appealing to me.

I'll be following the money myself...
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've no idea what i want to do after uni.
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, it's been on for three days and has a red attention tag now. Angeli (sp?) has said she was going to look it over, but I can always appreciate a second opinion even if it is a sentence.

Oooh, primary PGCE! Fun times with little kids... eh... that sounds dodgy. :woo:
She's good at reviewing them, and given that she's teaching English over in France she's probably the best one to do it I wouldn't step on her toes for a review, but if she ends up being too busy I'll definitely look at it for you

Lol I couldn't do secondary teaching! The kids are so funny - today we went on a trip to the British Museum and they asked if we had left England :p:
wombley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by omicronlyrae)
I've no idea what i want to do after uni.
Me neither Oli, although I'm hoping my year in industry is a help.
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Teachers and RAF? What a mixture lol
Coy Girl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Teofilo)
The dumb girl from Mean Girls. Spare me...
Look at her at her in Mamma Mia and on the red carpet,she is gorgeous!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
Teachers and RAF? What a mixture lol

It is a little odd!
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
*is avoiding saying any kind of link between the jobs and the reason for being in the soc*
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
*is avoiding saying any kind of link between the jobs and the reason for being in the soc*

Shush!!:p:

Besides, Stray's one of the ones going for teaching and isn't single. Neither's Crimson... [though his situation is a little complicated!]
Coy Girl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am going to be neither of those things, hopefully something in journalism, preferably glamourous...
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Coy Girl)
Congratulations Georgia!
Thank you!!

Ooh, congrats! I'm applying to Warwick for an MFL PGCE as soon as the TSR PS Helpers get around to checking the statement. What subject did you get in for, and what's your offer?
Thanks I got in for French and Italian Studies, and my offer is unconditional - I did my A levels in 07 :yep: Good luck on your application!
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Teofilo)
Neither job particularly appealing to me.

I'll be following the money myself...
Which job exactly?

Teaching is varied and never the same, you get new pupils every year, you see current pupils develop, the holidays are decent, in short... it's the perfect job for anyone who wants to job satisfaction.

Although the pitfalls are many. Rowdy pupils, less-than-stellar pay (a campaign to raise it by 10% by the NUT is currently going spectacularly bottoms-up), constantly having the government peer over your shoulder...
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Which job exactly?

Teaching is varied and never the same, you get new pupils every year, you see current pupils develop, the holidays are decent, in short... it's the perfect job for anyone who wants to job satisfaction.

Although the pitfalls are many. Rowdy pupils, less-than-stellar pay (a campaign to raise it by 10% by the NUT is currently going spectacularly bottoms-up), constantly having the government peer over your shoulder...

Still many, many times better than 99% of other public servants, so the NUT can take a reality check.
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Along with the planning and marking as well... It's certainly not an easy job! But I'm hoping to go into Educational Psychology or the SEN side of things later

It is good that you can feel like you're making a difference in the kids' lives and that the job is varied and challenging - I need something to keep me busy that I can't just do without thinking!
Coy Girl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would also like to work in television actually.
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
Thank you!!

Thanks I got in for French and Italian Studies, and my offer is unconditional - I did my A levels in 07 :yep: Good luck on your application!
Thanks! Another language lover! My aunt taught Italian, and my grandparents both taught French. Another aunt teaches German. I should have realised earlier that teaching runs in the family.

Journalism, I hear, is full of drudgery and difficult to get into.
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Still many, many times better than 99% of other public servants, so the NUT can take a reality check.
To be honest they are campaigning because the current rate of increase doesn't bust inflation. The reason they're putting their foot in their mouth is because they're rowing about Sats and it just doesn't look good to ask for a pay increase where everyone else is scaling back.
Teofilo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Coy Girl)
hopefully something in journalism, preferably glamourous...
Substitue rich for glamorous and that's my dream...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.86%
No (582)
60.31%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.83%

Watched Threads