Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    My very female first name is definitely in my username. And my sig is all pink and purple with a huggy duck in it. And my usertitle begins 'Mother'. AND I have a whopping great girl sign next to my name. You're all incredibly perceptive :p:
    maybe they've been reading up on queer theory and didn't want to conform to gender stereotypes? :dontknow:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    PRSOM
    I like how I just Googled this and it came up on Urban Dictionary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    maybe they've been reading up on queer theory and didn't want to conform to gender stereotypes? :dontknow:

:lol:
    Gender stereotypes are a touchy subject at the moment, I've just discovered that I have an awful lot of Judith Butler to read over the weekend. If you've ever attempted Judith Butler you'll understand why this is a very bad thing :sigh:

(Original post by fluteflute)
    Coined by a girl on the Cambridge Chat thread (not me, but she is another linguist at my college) :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doojam)
    How cheesy do want to be? :facepalm:

Naw, I'm kidding

>< why you reject my love! Boo you whore

haha erm it wasn't really cheesy/ I mean if you wanted cheese I could have said

You are the only hope in my life, or the only star in my sky. or summit. But thats gay, and sounds like I'm hitting on you. Whereas you know. light is ... light. It's asexual.

:yes: yep, sometimes I even confuse myself. Dont take notice

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's where I read it from originally, not that I was reading the Cambridge thread or anything

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Coined by a girl on the Cambridge Chat thread (not me, but she is another linguist at my college) :king1:
    Yep, although it's really just an abbreviation tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Love the love triangle going on with BNE and JMusson clearly at it like anything and Greg making bitter comments in the corner :lol:

Boyfriend has gone out. To a bar. With people he met while at the TSA test centre. Including two girls. Applying for the same course as him (E&M). Apparently they're pretty.

While I have three essays to do tonight so am sitting at home in my pyjamas.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I thought this would be a good time to join the thread now that I'm not stressing about exams/written work Any other language applicants? I think I posted on here months ago with this but I'm applying to Queen's college for Spanish and ab initio Portuguese!

I hope everyone's tests went well! Gutted we can't discuss it *must..be..patient*

ReputationRep:
    So because of the delay of the Bangkok tests, this mean we find out if we got interviews later now?

P.S. Love all this E&M competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espanolita)
    Hi everyone!

I thought this would be a good time to join the thread now that I'm not stressing about exams/written work Any other language applicants? I think I posted on here months ago with this but I'm applying to Queen's college for Spanish and ab initio Portuguese!

I hope everyone's tests went well! Gutted we can't discuss it *must..be..patient*
    Spanish! :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    but what if you do have a smooth performance? WHAT THEN? :puppyeyes:
    She said they're looking for rough diamonds who will become polished at Oxford (such a cheesy metaphor, haha). So if you turn up and perform perfectly, they will say "B****, get out. You don't need us."

Yep.

ReputationRep:
    I had to do the same thing last night, hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    Love the love triangle going on with BNE and JMusson clearly at it like anything and Greg making bitter comments in the corner :lol:

Boyfriend has gone out. To a bar. With people he met while at the TSA test centre. Including two girls. Applying for the same course as him (E&amp;M). Apparently they're pretty.

While I have three essays to do tonight so am sitting at home in my pyjamas.

Oh please! They donts even like me. We are clearly NOT at it.

And awww Chiara! Don't be jel. Bet they're nothing on you...

although there are too many economics chat up lines/jokes (WHY do I know this?). HE ADMITTED THEY WERE PRETTY? EK: fatal error

yay pjs! :banana: party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Sounds about right!
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    But but but, i'm well reem! I deserve to have it
    The above quote clearly shows that you are undeserving.

ReputationRep:
    I had to do the same thing last night, hahaha.
    :cry: why you ignore my questions?

(I talk like this when I gets sad, only you can cure it)

:lol: another cheesy line. ah

ReputationRep:
    Spanish! :hi:
    Ok I don't know if I just quoted right (I'm new to this whole TSR thing) but yay spanish! I'm guessing you're a fellow Spanish lover then!? There's definitely not enough of them around these days

ReputationRep:

Boyfriend has gone out. To a bar. With people he met while at the TSA test centre. Including two girls. Applying for the same course as him (E&M). Apparently they're pretty.
    lol at the undertones of this comment :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh please! They donts even like me. We are clearly NOT at it.

And awww Chiara! Don't be jel. Bet they're nothing on you...

although there are too many economics chat up lines/jokes (WHY do I know this?). HE ADMITTED THEY WERE PRETTY? EK: fatal error

Pssssht they SO DO. Look at JMusson whom I unsuccessfully tried to Facebook stalk to see if he was good-looking or just trying to get with cybergirls because he looked like an aubergine flirting his socks off with you and Greg going "I don't think they'd last blah blah blah"...it's very funny

Yes, he did, but then said I was prettier.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I'm going to a pajama party soon, i have an Elvis Presley onesie, and obviously, it looks awesome :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    She said they're looking for rough diamonds who will become polished at Oxford (such a cheesy metaphor, haha). So if you turn up and perform perfectly, they will say "B****, get out. You don't need us."

Yep.
    i'd just be like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espanolita)
    Hi everyone!

:wavey: Another language applicant here!

Hertford- French and Spanish

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.