Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah i was meant to go back but missed it. My last one ended 2 weeks ago :/ this is like the 3rd time its happened this year now. He said it was normal. Im already on the pill and have been for 2 or 3 years now...
    Iv ALWAYS had issues with my periods and im sick of them heavy. REDICULOUSLY painful and irregular

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :console: Sounds like the Pill isn't working for you then, I'd definitely rearrange the appointment to discuss other options. I presume you're on one of the combined pills? Have you been prescribed medications like Mefenamic Acid to help with the pain and heaviness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :console: Sounds like the Pill isn't working for you then, I'd definitely rearrange the appointment to discuss other options. I presume you're on one of the combined pills? Have you been prescribed medications like Mefenamic Acid to help with the pain and heaviness?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i dunno, the pill has been fine, even stopped my periods for a while, yeah i think i am (i take it constantly with no break) yeah, on a high dose of mefenamic acid, wt works wonders got told to take it when i have pain though, not for heavyness.
    i did ask to see a female dr and they gave me a male dr which i think was the issue...

ReputationRep:
    A warning:

I am planning on getting drunk on skype tonight (specifically in half an hour) - anyone with any sense will log off now; all others prepare to be bemused.

Also I know I've got a few of you added on skype already, but with a couple of you for the life of me I can't remember which of you is which.

Also Saber I haven't spoken to you in ages, so get your arse online. :hmmm:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Can I get in on the skype chats? I'm on it pretty much all the time...

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i dunno, the pill has been fine, even stopped my periods for a while, yeah i think i am (i take it constantly with no break) yeah, on a high dose of mefenamic acid, wt works wonders got told to take it when i have pain though, not for heavyness.
    i did ask to see a female dr and they gave me a male dr which i think was the issue...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Is it specified that you don't take a break? If it's one where you're meant to take it for 21 days and then have a week's break, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be getting bleeding without the break. Ah OK, I was prescribed it for heaviness, although I've since been prescribed Tranexamic Acid instead, as I wasn't getting on with Mefenamic Acid. Yeah, seeing a female doctor is probably a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    Can I get in on the skype chats? I'm on it pretty much all the time...
    Sure, PM me your username.

Also was it you who asked about the biscuits? If so, yeah I can occasionally get them in the supermarket, but on holiday I can get them pre-made into a spread so I don't even have to chew!!! :woo:

I am aware that this will make no sense if you're not the one who asked about the biscuits.

Oh, and Nut.: your skype thing always says 'pending contact request' for me. :cry2:

(Original post by Nut.)
    :sad:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wish people could be just a little less predictable sometimes! :mad:
    It's my college leavers part tonight so i'm throwing an after party for a few friends and suprise suprise one of them can't make it. They waited until the last minuet (literally) to tell me as always. It's just so rude! They've obviously known for at least a day cos they had time to change their coach but they still wait until after i've planned and got everything. I think i'm just not going to bother anymore. I hate to go against my CBT but it really seems like she's trying to avoid me. This keeps happening and she always waits until so late to tell me. Really isn't helping since I was already starting to freak out and i'm not on the coach with any of my friends. I don't like people from college and I don't like large crowds and i'm stuck with BOTH!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Is it specified that you don't take a break? If it's one where you're meant to take it for 21 days and then have a week's break, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be getting bleeding without the break. Ah OK, I was prescribed it for heaviness, although I've since been prescribed Tranexamic Acid instead, as I wasn't getting on with Mefenamic Acid. Yeah, seeing a female doctor is probably a good idea!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah i dont take a break, and never have had too, some months i dont have a period, some i have 1 but its VERY painful, and some i have more than 1. mother nature likes to keep me on my toes apparently

got an appointment on tuesday which i was menna see her about something else, but this is more important i reckon.

just makes me feel really **** when it happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Sure, PM me your username.

Also was it you who asked about the biscuits? If so, yeah I can occasionally get them in the supermarket, but on holiday I can get them pre-made into a spread so I don't even have to chew!!! :woo:

I am aware that this will make no sense if you're not the one who asked about the biscuits.

Oh, and Nut.: your skype thing always says 'pending contact request' for me. :cry2:

Lol it was me that asked about the biscuits so you're in luck there... However, I don't know about this premade spread?!
    The biscuits are so good, I brought a few home from work with me today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    Lol it was me that asked about the biscuits so you're in luck there... However, I don't know about this premade spread?!
    The biscuits are so good, I brought a few home from work with me today.
    It's like nutella or peanut butter, but it's made of biscuit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelybrummie)
    Thank you; you've been really kind to actually help me out.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't put it into words; it's like you can't feel anything. Imagine being a brick wall, because that's the only way I can put it. I can not feel emotions; especially ones like sorrow, happiness, joy etc, etc. The worrisome thing about the hate is that I'll hate you within 30 seconds of speaking to you, and when I hate people I genuinely feel that they do not deserve to live. So I really want to get rid of this thought process because it is making my social life harder,; it already is hard enough.

My perception of people and talking is really poor. I can't work out what people mean sometimes, for example if you say "That was funny", I'll think you're talking about me or that you done something horrible to someone. My perception of society is really bad. I just inherently hate society, and if someone believes in God that really works me up.

I can't understand love, happiness and other things. It's like I don't know what it means or what it does. that's why CBT and talking won't help me, because I'm unable to understand what the person is saying and I can't really get their motive.

The dreamland is only in my head; that's the only place that I can see it but I always think it's real and that's the part that confuses me. I want to go there but I know it's not real yet I think it's real. If you're trying to see what I'm saying. From a psychological view, my dreamland is probably a place where all my flaws, failures, hates etc, etc are all gone and I'm in full control of what's happening there. That's probably why I like it so much because it's what I would like, and I realise that but I can't do anything about it. It's like I need to go there just like I need to breathe; you can't help but do so. However, when I said I'm able to be in control that's not wholly true; the world is almost like ours, only without the bad things. I know it sounds really weird and really confusing, but do you understand what I am trying to say?

The vision is entirely physical; it's not part of that dreamland. I would never allow something like that to be there. I've tried to take a picture of it, and so I mentally can try to remember that it's not real. That has and hasn't helped because I feel really fearful on my own; like today when I came out of the bathroom I ran downstairs. I always do this because if I see it, it'll scare me and it'll reappear a few times before going. When that happens I can not go to the places where I saw her for a few hours. She is definitely not a part of that dreamland because I can see her as I would be able to see you. Have you ever had any hallucinations?

The paranoia also gets worse and worse when I see her. I mean I am really paranoid already; I hate people talking around me, looking at me and even the camera on my phone and the webcam on my laptop. When I'm in the shower I constantly check behind the curtains to see if she's their or outside the window. When I'm in my room I always play games which take the fear and paranoia away; if I'm not playing games and I'm in my room I will constantly check under my bed if she is there, then I'll think she's above me, then under the bed again. The paranoia is really bad; when I get paranoid I will start sweating, breathing more heavily, I will be able to hear my heart beating, I feel a bit a dizzy or light-headed.

Yeah, I suppose thinking about something isn't the same as doing it; thinking only goes so far though as someone who wants to do something will eventually do it. The urges are about hurting others or doing other very violent acts, and I always have urges everyday-they're not rare. In fact, I was going to reply to your post yesterday but, as I said before about different persona's, I think one of them was trying to coerce me into not telling the counsellor anything about these urges. Or maybe that was myself, I don't really know anything but I may have put myself on the fence now. My heart is fully set on these urges as I felt my heart felt really different when thinking about the urges, but my brain is the one that is really confused as it doesn't know what to do about these urges. I really need medications for this; talking about the urges will not be able to help at all. I tried really hard to not succumb to my inner voice but I did, yet my body is one step ahead; it knows that I'll be asking for medication and it's going to try to stop me. To counter that I'll write down all the things that I'm going to ask the counsellor, then I'll take the piece of paper with me into the appointment.

I, unlike others, see violence differently. I don't think murder is violent at all; I suppose my perception is really bad and I need to improve that somehow. I actually enjoy watching violence. I really want to get rid of these habits and I've been successful and unsuccessful. I don't watch violent videos any more, yet that has given my imagination a lot more power as I haven't anything to feed my urge so I'll make up and devise ways in my head. I just want to get rid of this, and my body is acting weird again when typing this up; it's as if it doesn't want me to live a good life. Could you please tell me what type of medication will I be able to have for this?

I just don't know where this violent thing has come from and I've my best to get rid of it, but it just doesn't go. Well when I saw actual death and murder I was shocked and intrigued at the same time; I kept on watching "those videos" (I'm sure you know what videos I'm talking about) and, macabre as it may seem, fell in love with that kind of stuff. Please don't consider me to be a freak, I seriously can not help it.

I've read around that they may just be intrusive thoughts, but I read that intrusive thoughts make people scared or depressed. I'm the opposite of that; they do not scare me and they don't make me feel depressed, in fact I feel the opposite of depression and fear when having them thoughts. I suppose it's because of my family that I wouldn't act upon them, and that I want to get rid of these thoughts (I doubt they'll ever be able to go).

I just really don't want to be taken away; they may think I'm a danger to society. The counsellor is really good, and I'm glad he said he wants to see me alone because my mum keeps on talking for me. She only said I'm constantly angry, violent and depressed but that's not the whole of it. So I guess he realised that. I'm worrying about the home visit; he's coming to my house on the 1st of July to see how I am.

I suppose you're right about people understanding others; the thing is though no-one actually understands me or even knows me for me. Everyone has their own interpretation, that I'm a loner, an angry teen, etc, etc. But none of this is true.

My dad is really having a hard time; 6 months ago he was contemplating suicide because my mum had an affair; he was physically crying in front of me and that was horrible. Every bad thing I see, do and have happened to me harden me even more so it affected me a lot. I have been beaten moderately (slapped and punched), to severely (hit with metal, wood, bamboo or hit with metal plugs on my head which have nearly knocked me unconscious). Yet, I deal the same as I was given; I hit my mum, dad and other members of my family-I am abusive also. They never hit me now, I suppose it's because they're scared of me now.

You're right about me just being on person in the family, but you'd think differently if you lived with us. I constantly am abusive and manipulative; so I literally wind everything up and try to get away with it. I wish to change this habit as I've caused so many problems. My dad was contemplating suicide because of me.

I'm not so sure about going to university; I'm not sure about what to do. I was going to join the military, but I can't now; my mental health will not let me join. That is the only thing I've ever wanted to do, so not being able to do it makes me very depressed. If I go to university I'll definitely try to get some financial help, thanks. The new people thing will be horrible for me; I mean I can't even communicate with people I am know, let alone new people. I'll probably just go to lectures then stay in my room all day.

Yeah, I really need some medicine. Hopefully you can see how I feel, and that I really need medication not CBT.

Thank you, so, so much! I will try to take care as much as possible.
    Hi,

I've read everything you wrote in your spoiler and am thinking about it all really carefully to try to see the best way forward for you and what medications you could ask about. So I'm not going to write loads today. I'll write to you tomorrow by private message.

I don't think you're weird or anything! I think you are trying very hard to see a way through everything and dealing with lots of complex and confusing stuff. Its actually really brilliant that you are communicating. Respect.

I totally agree that CBT is probably not appropriate for you at this moment. Its probably best to start by dealing with the hallucinations and stuff.

Anyway, as I said, I'll write tomorrow.

Look after yourself,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    It shouldn't do... pretty sure you're added on mine. Shall check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    I wish people could be just a little less predictable sometimes! :mad:
    It's my college leavers part tonight so i'm throwing an after party for a few friends and suprise suprise one of them can't make it. They waited until the last minuet (literally) to tell me as always. It's just so rude! They've obviously known for at least a day cos they had time to change their coach but they still wait until after i've planned and got everything. I think i'm just not going to bother anymore. I hate to go against my CBT but it really seems like she's trying to avoid me. This keeps happening and she always waits until so late to tell me. Really isn't helping since I was already starting to freak out and i'm not on the coach with any of my friends. I don't like people from college and I don't like large crowds and i'm stuck with BOTH!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck tonight, I hope it is okay. Try listen to whatever you've been doing in CBT, I seriously doubt that they are trying to avoid you, perhaps whatever has happened to make them unable to come has been shocking and they haven't been thinking properly so haven't thought of letting you know before. I really hope you have a good night :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Overheard my housemates discussing who is going to come home early to check on me.

Just urghhfasiuhdkhkahjd. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Overheard my housemates discussing who is going to come home early to check on me.

Just urghhfasiuhdkhkahjd. :sigh:
    :hugs: I know you don't want to be in a situation where people need to be looking after you, but it's good that they care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Oh. We all get like that sometimes. You can probably still explain it and get it changed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My dad phoned again and it is now on 12 July
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by avhhs)
    My dad phoned again and it is now on 12 July
    That sounds much better - good on your dad for being proactive :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catoswyn)
    Hi,

I've read everything you wrote in your spoiler and am thinking about it all really carefully to try to see the best way forward for you and what medications you could ask about. So I'm not going to write loads today. I'll write to you tomorrow by private message.

I don't think you're weird or anything! I think you are trying very hard to see a way through everything and dealing with lots of complex and confusing stuff. Its actually really brilliant that you are communicating. Respect.

I totally agree that CBT is probably not appropriate for you at this moment. Its probably best to start by dealing with the hallucinations and stuff.

Anyway, as I said, I'll write tomorrow.

Look after yourself,

I would tell you more about myself but I actually can't; a moderator whose real name is Jack reported me to my school, and I don't want that to happen again. The school was going to kick me out and send me to a school where kids have severe difficulties, so I lied to the school by saying that I "just" have depression. Also, the government monitor the internet now and I don't want my name to be red-flagged, though it probably already has been.

I don't know if my brain is trying to fight back but I keep on saying that I'm fine, however in truth I'm not. I keep on telling myself that I'm weak (in a more aggressive-demeaning way).

I'm trying to but I can't, or that I just don't want to. I can communicate excellently online; real life communication is horrible I am 100% asocial.

I'm just terrified about what to tell the counsellor. I really need help with that.

That would be an amazing thing if you did do that; I'll never forget it.

Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Not looking good I think :sad:

Last exam was today . That went well too. But now I've got a bleak future ahead. While many people are so excited for the summer and partying, going on holiday, and hanging around with friends, I haven't got anything :sad:. I do have my prom next week but for some reason I'm not looking forward to it :erm:. That is next week but after that it is all empty. Nothing good at all. I don't know whether it is my fault or not I didn't manage to make close friends during the last few years. Ok so my parents had stupid rules, didn't support me with it and those people in school weren't really my type and I was bullied, but surely it is my fault for not having in interest in music and football and trying to make sure I can fit in as well as I can? What 18 year old has no social life? Everyone my age spends a significant amount of time with friends whether outside or in, or with their cousins as an alternative. But here you have me with no cousins around my age and with no friends. On top of that my anger and violent thoughts are beginning to come back big time after suppressing them for ages. Doesn't make for a good summer at all. What will I say to people when I'm asked what I'm up to, or how my summer was? Or what will I say to my future children about my childhood? :cry2:

Or am I being stupid yet again? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Not looking good I think :sad:

Last exam was today . That went well too. But now I've got a bleak future ahead. While many people are so excited for the summer and partying, going on holiday, and hanging around with friends, I haven't got anything :sad:. I do have my prom next week but for some reason I'm not looking forward to it :erm:. That is next week but after that it is all empty. Nothing good at all. I don't know whether it is my fault or not I didn't manage to make close friends during the last few years. Ok so my parents had stupid rules, didn't support me with it and those people in school weren't really my type and I was bullied, but surely it is my fault for not having in interest in music and football and trying to make sure I can fit in as well as I can? What 18 year old has no social life? Everyone my age spends a significant amount of time with friends whether outside or in, or with their cousins as an alternative. But here you have me with no cousins around my age and with no friends. On top of that my anger and violent thoughts are beginning to come back big time after suppressing them for ages. Doesn't make for a good summer at all. What will I say to people when I'm asked what I'm up to, or how my summer was? Or what will I say to my future children about my childhood? :cry2:

Or am I being stupid yet again? :sad:
    You can easily shrug off questions on how your summer was, I've been doing it for years. There's also no need for you to lie about your childhood. You can say that you had periods of time you weren't happy. You can even use it to try ensure they know that they can talk to you. There are positives to everything. I hope you're okay :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.