Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Another slip up by MK. Still hopeful for automatics as we have terrible record in playoffs. :sadnod:
    Didn't go last night - how did Chesterfield play? And am I right in thinking Alli is injured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Didn't go last night - how did Chesterfield play? And am I right in thinking Alli is injured?
    They won, that's all that matters
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great finish for Bournemouth's first last night.

ReputationRep:
    Wigan take the lead against Norwich. With this being the Championship, a Wigan win is entirely possible.

ReputationRep:
    Derby trying their absolute best to **** it up.

Please, for the love of God, no play-offs. I'm not having a repeat of last season's trip to Wembley!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds leading against Ipswich, good for them

ReputationRep:
    Mowatt curling in another belting free kick. One of the brightest academy graduates in recent years, and still only 20 years old.

We seriously need to hold on to him, along with Cook & Byram.

Aaaaaaand....it's gone spilled in by the keeper. 1-1

ReputationRep:
    Well that lasted...

ReputationRep:
    Yes! 2-1

ReputationRep:
    Oh Leeds leading again. Bloody hell.

ReputationRep:
    Blackburn have gone quiet since appointing Gary Bowyer and removing the deadwood that got them relegated from the Premier League... which I guess is a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Oh Leeds leading again. Bloody hell.
    Ipswich miss a penalty

Desperation creeping in. We need this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Ipswich miss a penalty

Desperation creeping in. We need this.
    Well done :congrats: game over haha Ipswich not as good as they've been.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    I couldn't make it either unfortunately. Listened to the 2nd half on the radio and sounded like Chesterfield deserved to win. Yes Alli has been injured for a couple of weeks or so now.

ReputationRep:
    Well done :congrats: game over haha Ipswich not as good as they've been.
    I was sweating seeing these results come in. Stay 15th, but that's fine.

In the Championship mid table it doesn't matter what league position you're in, all that matters is how far away you are from 22nd and 6th.

Huge win for Wigan too. The unpredictability of this mental league strikes again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I was sweating seeing these results come in. Stay 15th, but that's fine.

In the Championship mid table it doesn't matter what league position you're in, all that matters is how far away you are from 22nd and 6th.

Huge win for Wigan too. The unpredictability of this mental league strikes again!
    Freaking hell Norwich. Not good enough. Well done to Wigan though they badly needed a win or it's hello league one if they continue on with a losing streak.
    Yeah exactly, how many games are there left?

ReputationRep:
    Freaking hell Norwich. Not good enough. Well done to Wigan though they badly needed a win or it's hello league one if they continue on with a losing streak.
    Yeah exactly, how many games are there left?
    11 games.

We have Wigan at the weekend, I was at the reverse fixture on boxing day when we fell to an utterly disgusting 2-0 defeat. I expect a win on Saturday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ipswich and Norwich both falling tonight. In terms of interest, the Championship promotion race always trumps anything in the PL for me.

Six points between first and seventh is amazing at this stage of the season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wigan starting their post-Whelan era in style last night.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.