The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple-Pixie
I want to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology but I'm not too sure about the fourth subject. I'm thinking of doing R.S, Spanish or Government and Politics but honestly I'm not even completely sure if I want to do any of these subjects! What A Levels are you thinking of doing?

I'm thinking of doing Biology, Chemistry and history but I'm not sure if I should take Maths or Computer (either ICT or Com. sci). I've thought of doing psychology or physics but I don't have enough background in it so I thought, nah.

Have you applied to any schools yet?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
I'm thinking of doing Biology, Chemistry and history but I'm not sure if I should take Maths or Computer (either ICT or Com. sci). I've thought of doing psychology or physics but I don't have enough background in it so I thought, nah.

Have you applied to any schools yet?

P.S.

Oh okay cool :smile: I applied to another school as a backup, but I'm most likely going to stay at my current school's sixth form, what about you?
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Oh okay cool :smile: I applied to another school as a backup, but I'm most likely going to stay at my current school's sixth form, what about you?

I might stay in my school's sixth form because the teachers like me enough but there's this school that offers Computer Science, mine only offers Applied ICT, and they also offer Classics.

P.S.

Anyone else's school doing World Challenge for 2016? Viva la Ecuador!
Original post by missfats
I dropped out this year.

I'm gonna start with the current year 11.
So IDK b

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, what do you do then on your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys :hi:

I just wanted to make a quick announcement on here.
Recently I've had a lot of work to do in the GCSE area closing threads that are asking for the answers to, the questions in, or for the June 2014 papers themselves. As you all probably know this is the paper you will be getting in your mocks.
Please do not ask for any of these or offer to give them to someone, it is against TSR rules and it pointless cheating. There's no point in doing a mock if you have seen the paper beforehand. I understand that you all want to do well in your mocks, but cheating is not the answer :no: It would not be an accurate representation for your teachers, and you'd be wasting your own time to.

So please do not ask for the June 2014 papers on TSR, I will have to close any threads which attempt to do so, and Usy and myself have had a lot of work moving individual posts from threads, and it's getting a bit tiring.

Sorry for the rant, good luck to everyone in their mocks, I'm sure you'll do great :h:
I've just read Of Mice and Men which I delayed for 5 weeks, but it's amazing! Why I left it so late will forever be a mystery. Anyone got Lit tomorrow? On tuesday I've got geography, then French and German on friday THEN I'M DONE FOR CHRISTMAS after a week of school BUT HELL YEAH
Original post by ImagineCats
I've just read Of Mice and Men which I delayed for 5 weeks, but it's amazing! Why I left it so late will forever be a mystery. Anyone got Lit tomorrow? On tuesday I've got geography, then French and German on friday THEN I'M DONE FOR CHRISTMAS after a week of school BUT HELL YEAH

Didn't you have to do a controlled assessment on of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile

We had mocks a couple of weeks ago; got our "Mock Results Day" on Tuesday.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Didn't you have to do a controlled assessment on of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not in my mocks, so that'll be after Christmas. We do so many controlled assessments :frown: Othello, View From The Bridge, The Apprentice, gargghh
Original post by Martie08
We had mocks a couple of weeks ago; got our "Mock Results Day" on Tuesday.

Best of luck! Sure you aced them all :biggrin:
My mocks start on Monday.
Not looking forward to the English one. Not been taught anything for it. D:
Original post by Midnightmemories

I had one of my English mock last friday, I'm pretty sure I flopped it :s.

What board are you doing?

P.S.

I had one of my English mock last friday, I'm pretty sure I flopped it :s.

What board are you doing?

P.S.

im doing aqa, what about you?
I got banned from a thread on here about newbies going to the gym and I recommended them cleaning their bike, cross trainer, etc, after using them because otherwise that's gross if you've been sweating. Not here to argue but why was that breaking the rules? Just genuinely intrigued

You're best asking that on Ask A Moderator :smile:
Original post by Midnightmemories

Good luck :h:
Original post by yasin149
im doing aqa, what about you?

Edexcel. Anyway, good luck with yours, hope you get the grade you wanted.

P.S.

Edexcel. Anyway, good luck with yours, hope you get the grade you wanted.

P.S.

Thanks and you to
Reply 2838
on aqa english lit, if you get 40/40 in the controlled assessment what percent of the exam in may do you have to get to achieve an A*? COntrolled assessment counts for 25%
Original post by Lisb
on aqa english lit, if you get 40/40 in the controlled assessment what percent of the exam in may do you have to get to achieve an A*? COntrolled assessment counts for 25%

Depends every year as the grade boundaries are different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest