Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    guys did anyone get 4pi/ln3 for the last one?????

ReputationRep:
    Ahh could do it all if I had more time. Started to rush towards the end so didn't manage to get the substitution as I got a + instead of -! I made up a value of k in order to do the next part - how many method marks do you think will be there? Also the same for the last one - I didn't get the integral of the curve right but I think everything else was, Will there be many method marks here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RH0909)
    Hey guys, do I have to get 90 UMS or above in BOTH c3 and c4 to get an A*, or 90 UMS or above in average of c3 and c4?
    avrge

ReputationRep:
    ah ****... well.. I probably lost a mark or two...
    (Original post by sahlean)
    (ln(2))^2 is not the same as ln(2^2) or 2ln(2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sat_freak)
    Inorrect logic, i am afraid.
    If you put 27.3 back in the equation and used degrees to work out cos2t in degrees you will get 4000!
    I agree but what you have to realise is you cannot use degrees in calculus. Thats not the way it was invented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmi12345)
    That wasn't what you had to integrate. It was (3^x) ^2, which is not (9)^(x^2) but 3^2x.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
    I've since realised that. That would have been way beyond the scope of C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    Yeah personally I thought 27 sounded like a good number hahaha
    (Original post by Nightmare8)
    I think you needed to give it indegrees, 'cause in radians it didn't even make a year. I'm not sure though. I believe they will take both correct
    I remember that calculus on trigonometric functions only works with angles in radians. There is a proof for this somewhere on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraphilos)
    Ok. In that case, you make a substitution of u(x) = 3^{2x} in order to solve the integral.
    i was going to use substitution but ran out of time :L but thank you anyway! x

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434467701.340189.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  183.7 KB

K was actually 4, don't know how I got 2 in the exam after initially getting 4...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy007uk)
    What was the partial fractions question? Was it P(P-2) or P(P-1) in the denominator?
    P(P-2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humbers)
    I dont know what you've been smoking but that is no where near mathematically correct
    Actually, that is mathematically correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humbers)
    I dont know what you've been smoking but that is no where near mathematically correct
    No, he is right, that is a correct method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RH0909)
    Hey guys, do I have to get 90 UMS or above in BOTH c3 and c4 to get an A*, or 90 UMS or above in average of c3 and c4?
    you have to average it in c3 and c4, and it also depends on your AS, and the modules you have done(stats/mechs)

ReputationRep:
    Not horrible, not brilliant but I fear many silly errors...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went up to x^3 on the binomal will I lose marks on part a

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    I used the sine rule, anyone else?
    i used sine as well. I saw that he wrote tan and ive been doubting myself. tan gave me 8.78 but sine gives 7.46 so im assuming sine is right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by What am I doing)
    I went up to x^3 on the binomal will I lose marks on part a
    You shouldn't. That would be unfair IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++)
    I sincerely doubt it, for my final answer, 13π/ln(3) is correct. Please check your mathematical understanding prior to making abrupt swaying statements.
    Shots fired!

(tbf C++ is right, it's  \frac{13\pi}{ln3} lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    with the 32ln(2)^2 -32ln(2) + 12, I simplified it even more to 64ln(2) - 32ln(2) +12... ended up getting 32ln(2) +12.... is that still correct or would I lose a mark?
    I think I got that

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.