Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any ideas on what you could answer to an interview question that asks you about any weaknesses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone done an interview at middlesex for adult nursing i got mine tomorrow and i just wanted to get some tips cause i'm sooooo nervous

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else who applied for Manchester still not been given an interview yet? (I've applied for children's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaralouise97)
    Does anybody have any ideas on what you could answer to an interview question that asks you about any weaknesses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I often interview people and
    In any interview you want to find a positive negative, such as I am s perfectionist or love to work too much, although don't use those because we always groan at those as they're generally a buzz answer.

I usually say that I'm a natural leader but struggle to give control to others. BUT I can and am developing on it.
    Because no one is perfect but to acknowledge that but also acknowledge the importance of professional development and admitting mistakes and developing from that.
    What I always like to hear in an interview ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaralouise97)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you are answering that question, what u do is use a strength then turn it into ur weakness, for example I feel my weakness is that I like things to be done properly, I like things to be organised but I also understand that this may not to the same for everyone so when working in a team I do it in a way that no one gets offended. Or my weakness is always wanting to help others, sometimes it goes to my favour sometimes it don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    I often interview people and
    In any interview you want to find a positive negative, such as I am s perfectionist or love to work too much, although don't use those because we always groan at those as they're generally a buzz answer.

I usually say that I'm a natural leader but struggle to give control to others. BUT I can and am developing on it.
    Because no one is perfect but to acknowledge that but also acknowledge the importance of professional development and admitting mistakes and developing from that.
    What I always like to hear in an interview ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much! It's a hard question lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of going to Derby/Chester March 2017??

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved an offer from one of my first choices, it's between this uni and another one that I had an interview for last week. The uni I'm waiting on said we might not hear until the end of April. I'm so worried that if I don't firm my place that I've already been offered soon that they might give it to someone else. But i need atleast two for my insurance choice. A uni I was at last month said that they offer 50 places for 25 places so as soon as you recieve an offer you must firm straight away as it's first come first served. I haven't actually recieved an answer from this uni yet but that would be my third choice anyway.
    I guess I'm just a bit confused with thr process. First time applying through ucas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    I have recieved an offer from one of my first choices, it's between this uni and another one that I had an interview for last week. The uni I'm waiting on said we might not hear until the end of April. I'm so worried that if I don't firm my place that I've already been offered soon that they might give it to someone else. But i need atleast two for my insurance choice. A uni I was at last month said that they offer 50 places for 25 places so as soon as you recieve an offer you must firm straight away as it's first come first served. I haven't actually recieved an answer from this uni yet but that would be my third choice anyway.
    I guess I'm just a bit confused with thr process. First time applying through ucas.
    They can't take away your offer they've given you, you have to choose your firm and insurance choices by some time in April/May (it says on ucas) and after this time if you haven't chosen then all your offers will be withdrawn, I assume this is when they are given to other people/used for clearing places. Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    I have never known a University to do that, you can't respond unless you have heard back from all universities unless you chose to resign from receiving an offer. For example I'm still waiting to hear anything from Keele so I can't respond to anyone until I have, unless I withdraw my offer from Keele. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to do that. Furthermore, just because they've gave 50 offers out but only 25 can get in, it means that they believe 25 people are to not get the grades they need. I highly doubt a university would give you a conditional, you meet them conditions, and then they turn around and say you don't have a place. It would be Inhumane! Don't stress about it and if it's really worrying you, contact them and be honest, the admissions team should be helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiec95)
    No not at all! And you can use a calculator, just basic maths really. I've had harder maths tests at interviews
    I have my interview there next Friday! I'm going for MH nursing, what are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosieplummer28)
    I have my interview there next Friday! I'm going for MH nursing, what are you?
    Sorry, where for? I'm doing adult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sezena)
    I have never known a University to do that, you can't respond unless you have heard back from all universities unless you chose to resign from receiving an offer. For example I'm still waiting to hear anything from Keele so I can't respond to anyone until I have, unless I withdraw my offer from Keele. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to do that. Furthermore, just because they've gave 50 offers out but only 25 can get in, it means that they believe 25 people are to not get the grades they need. I highly doubt a university would give you a conditional, you meet them conditions, and then they turn around and say you don't have a place. It would be Inhumane! Don't stress about it and if it's really worrying you, contact them and be honest, the admissions team should be helpful
    Thanks, it confused everyone at the test day too we all were like, eh? Lol I haven't done my interview for that uni yet they're waiting on a date for interview, but I know I passed the tests. Just feel bad for those who maybe already have offers and are waiting on others. I'm waiting on my first choice getting back to me so I can hopefully firm it then have the offer I've already recieved as my inaurance.. or vise versa, I'm atill undecided on top two. It's so hard lol and the waiting abiut is killing me. I feel like I need to sort bursarys and accommodation etc asap lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiec95)
    They can't take away your offer they've given you, you have to choose your firm and insurance choices by some time in April/May (it says on ucas) and after this time if you haven't chosen then all your offers will be withdrawn, I assume this is when they are given to other people/used for clearing places. Hope that helped
    Thanks for your reply. I thought that you see, because that's what it says on ucas beside my exsisting offer, but that other uni confused me. It was really odd and everyone was so confused and a bit scared by it haha but I'm not too bothered in that respects, I was nore worried that my current offer might work the same way, but it seems to be a one off. Just waiting on my other top choice to hopefully gove me an offer then I can have a choice between my top two lol if not, I'm happy firming the offer I've recieved. Just trying to work out where I want to live and comparing unis and hospitals etc lol it's so hard it will shape my life lol xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at hull this week?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you get a calculator at the Sheffield Hallam interview?
    Or can give me any interview advice? 😬😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosieplummer28)
    Does anyone know if you get a calculator at the Sheffield Hallam interview?
    Or can give me any interview advice? 😬😬
    As far as I'm aware, I don't think they require an entry test anyways when's your interview for Sheffield Hallam?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has been selected as widening participant candidate at kings college for adult nursing been offered to a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elinapun)
    As far as I'm aware, I don't think they require an entry test anyways when's your interview for Sheffield Hallam?
    I've just looked at the what to expect on the day and it doesn't mention anything about Literacy and Numeracy tests so perhaps they don't! It's a relief as it's less to prepare for. Not until the 23rd of April! Have you applied there? I'm wanting to do MH nursing.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply. I thought that you see, because that's what it says on ucas beside my exsisting offer, but that other uni confused me. It was really odd and everyone was so confused and a bit scared by it haha but I'm not too bothered in that respects, I was nore worried that my current offer might work the same way, but it seems to be a one off. Just waiting on my other top choice to hopefully gove me an offer then I can have a choice between my top two lol if not, I'm happy firming the offer I've recieved. Just trying to work out where I want to live and comparing unis and hospitals etc lol it's so hard it will shape my life lol xx
    I highly doubt they would do that! Pretty sure they can't actually. Hopefully you hear back soon! I know how you feel, it's such a hard decision to make! I'm sure you'll make the right one though, good luck x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.