Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Exactly my points.

First goal was wrong but difficult for officials to see.
    Second goal was literally unavoidable. Skrtel did his job and forced the ball wide; the finish was exceptional.

However I won't use that as an excuse - we were dire and Watford were amazing. We deserved to lose that game whether Watford got a few fortunate decisions or not.
    The reaction from our players told me everything though. Bogdan not confident enough to argue his piece and the other players just kind of shook their head and moved on.

Can you imagine Carragher in that situation? He would have EXPLODED in rage at the injustice. No leaders in that back line for us.

I think the first goal just kicked our confidence.

(Original post by samir12)
    Really worried about Leicester, they will defend deep which we are going to struggle to open up and then Vardy and Mahrez are going to roast us on the counter. Skirtle is out for 3 months apparently, so that leaves Sakho who had a mare last game and not 100% fit and Toure who has zero pace.
    While Kolo isn't physically in his peak, I think his experience will aid us. I imagine Lucas will play in every game to help provide extra cover to our backline. Can might have to drop out even if Klopp loves him.

Lovren might actually be back for the next game or two..

Knowing our up and down season, we'll probably batter Leicester

(Original post by Mackay)
    The issue - for me - isn't Bodgan mistake. It's how we react to it. I'm unsure if it's a lack of character, a lack of direction, a lack of leadership, or whatever, but we go into our shells all too easily these days. It's just not what I want from a Liverpool side.

Going forward this weekend, we were probably the most abject I've ever seen us. And that includes during Hodgson's tenure when Torres had supposedly downed tools.

I'm not even sure Watford were amazing, you know. I thought we were - to a man, bar Henderson - absolutely dire. I don't treat Stoke at the end of last season as a competitive fixture, in truth, but Sunday's result was probably the worst thing I've seen since that, and for a long time before that too.

Watford play an increasingly simple game, like Leicester. Both sides aren't revolutionary. In fact, they are almost primeval. Not in the sense that they play Pulis rugby-esque tactics, but they just stick to a very very simple gameplan that works. It's the equivalent of doing the same thing over and over again on FIFA, because you know the other player can't play against it.

They completely sussed us out this weekend. They knew exactly what was going to come from us, and which personnel would be key to any success we were going to have. They made allowances for that, and completely nullified us.

It wasn't amazing, it was just very, very methodical and well executed.
    Agree with most of this. I was listening to TAW and they had a Watford fan giving his view and he was saying their manager comes up with a meticulous plan for each opposition team every week. They had obviously done their homework as how to hurt us and how to stop us.

(Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Reported to be going head to head with the Toffees for out of contract Marseille keeper, Steve Mandanda.

Apparently Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Sunderland & Leicester are in for Sam Byram. He's not that good lads.
    Don't really know that much about Mandanda but he looks pretty experienced and being the club captain for a long time might mean he actually has some balls.

(Original post by mr tim)
    Skrtel out for 6 weeks and not 3 months as rumoured.
    Ugh that's not great.. we seem to have a lot of injuries at the moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Agree with most of this. I was listening to TAW and they had a Watford fan giving his view and he was saying their manager comes up with a meticulous plan for each opposition team every week. They had obviously done their homework as how to hurt us and how to stop us.
    Read something about their being 'moles' at Melwood leaking information on lineups, preparation etc. Hilarious. It's like something out of Dream Team.

ReputationRep:
    Might actually get to see Sakho and Lovren then.

But with these fixtures coming thick and fast you'd expect a Sakho hamstring injury soon.

ReputationRep:
    Read something about their being 'moles' at Melwood leaking information on lineups, preparation etc. Hilarious. It's like something out of Dream Team.
    What is the benefit of leaking? Unless other teams are paying them?

Klopp will weed them out..

(Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Might actually get to see Sakho and Lovren then.

But with these fixtures coming thick and fast you'd expect a Sakho hamstring injury soon.
    Yea Sakho is a huge worry since his body can't seem to handle it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What is the benefit of leaking? Unless other teams are paying them?

Klopp will weed them out..

Yea Sakho is a huge worry since his body can't seem to handle it.
    Sakho needs wrapping up in cotton wool - and to be honest, im glad Skrtel is injured. We don't need lads like him for games when we face WBA or Watford.

They are physical sides, real throwbacks, and we should be boasting warriors willing to get dirty in the back line. Skrtel seems timid, despite his caveman like appearance.

ReputationRep:
    Mandanda wouldn't make any other top 5 team. Probably not even Chelsea's bench. Would prefer Leno (on course to become Cech level) or Zieler or Horn.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool have bid for Marko Grujic accepted, say Red Star Belgrade

Liverpool have had a £5.14m bid accepted for Red Star Belgrade midfielder Marko Grujic, according to the Serbian club.

Grujic, 19, will stay at the Serbia club on loan before joining the Premier League side on 1 July 2016.

Liverpool beat bids from Anderlecht (£1.47m) and Stuttgart (£3.67m).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35169460

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anything about him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Mandanda wouldn't make any other top 5 team. Probably not even Chelsea's bench. Would prefer Leno (on course to become Cech level) or Zieler or Horn.
    What about Sirigu?

ReputationRep:
    Mandanda would still be an upgrade on Mignolet..

ReputationRep:
    Mandanda would still be an upgrade on Mignolet..
    So would Stevie Wonder...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Grujic is worrying, from the angle that I just don't know where that leaves the lads we've currently got. I also think - pretty justly, in my view - that we need to be buying finished articles, rather than these young kids (Alberto, Grujic et al). Who knows, though? He might be amazing. I just can't see it, though.

Other sources reporting we're in for Coventry City's James Maddison. He's 19 and sprightly, but going after him worries me. It makes sense to be scouting the lower divisions, knowing that Alli and the like have risen from the lower echelons of the Football League, but Maddison has just had a three month lay-off and we should be looking for him to have a good 18 months from here on in (injury free) and then look for a deal.

ReputationRep:
    Reserve judgement till you see Grujic play.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Reserve judgement till you see Grujic play.
    Of course. Just hope I get the chance to. I felt the same about Alberto, and I'm still pretty sure I can't remember him touching the ball in a red shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Just hope I get the chance to. I felt the same about Alberto, and I'm still pretty sure I can't remember him touching the ball in a red shirt.
    Klopp and Zeljko have bought him, trust in them.

ReputationRep:
    It's tough because you also have to play the numbers game since so many youth players don't make it. I understand that if you have too many then you also can't give them all the time/opportunity though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's tough because you also have to play the numbers game since so many youth players don't make it. I understand that if you have too many then you also can't give them all the time/opportunity though.
    That goes completely against the Academy's proposed vision last month, though. They said they were cutting numbers, streamlining their squads, in a bid to maximise attention to each and every single player, thus boosting their chances/hopes of becoming a first-team player in the world of football, and hopefully Liverpool/the PL.

ReputationRep:
    That goes completely against the Academy's proposed vision last month, though. They said they were cutting numbers, streamlining their squads, in a bid to maximise attention to each and every single player, thus boosting their chances/hopes of becoming a first-team player in the world of football, and hopefully Liverpool/the PL.
    Well what I mean is that you can't just have one academy player since too much risk if that player fails so you might have 5 (whereas Chelsea would have about 50 on loan) to spread the risk of success/fail.

Maybe they think Grujic is better than what we currently have? Maybe one of the youth players isn't going to sign a new contract so they need to replace?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well what I mean is that you can't just have one academy player since too much risk if that player fails so you might have 5 (whereas Chelsea would have about 50 on loan) to spread the risk of success/fail.

Maybe they think Grujic is better than what we currently have? Maybe one of the youth players isn't going to sign a new contract so they need to replace?
    Yeah, I do agree there. You've also got the fact that there seems to be a great difference in terms of physical attributes between the youngsters we're signing from abroad (Can, Origi) than the ones in our Academy. I don't think some of the lads at Melwood are ready to perform in the PL from a physical standpoint yet, so we're branching out elsewhere.

That's why - when you get players like Kent out on loan at Coventry - managers like Mowbray are full of praise for what a league like League One can do for them. They learn their trade, they get kicked by big brutish men, they play in front of a crowd who desperately want them to win, they play with team-mates who don't earn as much as them or have a hope of earning as much, and may require win bonuses.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp confirmed that Daniel Sturridge is currently doing "a little pre-season" as he works towards recovering from a hamstring injury.

The England striker is not expected to be fit until mid-January after straining his muscle against Newcastle on 6 December.

"He will do this for seven, eight, nine days and then we will see," said Klopp.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.