Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kingsley is on loan at Bayern, he plays for Juventus and there's ZILCH chance of him joining you lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Coman has an option to buy clause apparently. Depends on how Ancelotti views him but you'd assume that the board will just buy him because they're Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Just realised we have our two biggest bogey fixtures next. I haven't missed an Arsenal game in about 5 years and I genuinely can't remember the last team we beat Stoke away from home. At least 4 points needed.
    Stoke away, Chelsea home, Barca away? I presume? Looking tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    So what did Arsenal fans think of Henderson's performance last night?
    Henderson imo is a better rounded CM than Ramsey. Top performance, excellent player would love to have him at Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Rates Giroud, doesn't rate Ramsey

Just lol at this guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Henderson imo is a better rounded CM than Ramsey. Top performance, excellent player would love to have him at Arsenal

Would love to see a Ramsey + Henderson midfield.

I think Ramsey has been putting in better performances for a longer period than Henderson.

(Original post by Zayn Malik)
    Rates Giroud, doesn't rate Ramsey

Just lol at this guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Giroud showed last night (and this season) how far he's come. The rest of the team have also learned how to get the best out of him. He'll always be that level below the elite strikers because he isn't clinical enough. I think he only has so many goals because the rest of the team are so good and create so many quality chances for him.

Well depends on what you think of Henderson re not rating Ramsey.

Usually my argument with Arsenal fans is about Henderson/Wilshere tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Would love to see a Ramsey + Henderson midfield.

I think Ramsey has been putting in better performances for a longer period than Henderson.

Giroud showed last night (and this season) how far he's come. The rest of the team have also learned how to get the best out of him. He'll always be that level below the elite strikers because he isn't clinical enough. I think he only has so many goals because the rest of the team are so good and create so many quality chances for him.

Well depends on what you think of Henderson re not rating Ramsey.

Usually my argument with Arsenal fans is about Henderson/Wilshere tbh.
    I rate Henderson as well. A Henderson-Ramsey midfield wouldn't work, they're both too naive when tracking back and fail to spot and stop runs, it's schoolboy at times. They're great next to a DM though, Henderson probably has a little better vision but Ramsey is the new Lampard.

Giroud is pretty ****e. 20 league goals is MINIMUM in an Arsenal side with Özil, Cazorla and Ramsey in it and he's not hit it once. Yesterday was the perfect example of why he's not good enough; 2 good goals, misses a sitter to kill off the game and you lot equalise late on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    I rate Henderson as well. A Henderson-Ramsey midfield wouldn't work, they're both too naive when tracking back and fail to spot and stop runs, it's schoolboy at times. They're great next to a DM though, Henderson probably has a little better vision but Ramsey is the new Lampard.

Giroud is pretty ****e. 20 league goals is MINIMUM in an Arsenal side with Özil, Cazorla and Ramsey in it and he's not hit it once. Yesterday was the perfect example of why he's not good enough; 2 good goals, misses a sitter to kill off the game and you lot equalise late on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both have a lot of energy and running even if not the tactical nous to stop runners at the moment. Would depend on how good the rest of the side is tbh. You look at a team like Barcelona where the rest of their team is ridiculously good that they only defend with their GK, Pique, Mascherano and Busquets..

If you swapped Flamini with Henderson in your current side, I think it would still work

In fairness his 2nd goal was ridiculously good. Even a player like Henry used to miss chances.

He should easily finish with around 20 goals by the end of the season. Imo a striker in this current Arsenal side should be finishing with 25-30 goals..

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is not a top striker his recent success is down to Mesut Ozil more than anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Giroud is not a top striker his recent success is down to Mesut Ozil more than anything
    Nonsense, his all-round game improvement in 2015 has been outstanding and his praise is well earned.

ReputationRep:
    No matter what Giroud does he will never be good enough for some people.

(Original post by al_94)
    Giroud's success is down to himself. Ozil has only assisted 6 of his 12 PL goals and 4 of those goals were in open play. Even during one his best performances this season last night, Ozil didn't assist any of his goals.

He's a much more clinical and efficient striker than when he first joined, every season here, he's improved and dispelled criticism. Deserves alot of credit tbh

Plus Alexis and especially Theo haven't really haven't scored alot of goals with Ozil in top form so your point doesn't make much sense.

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense, his all-round game improvement in 2015 has been outstanding and his praise is well earned.
    lel you're fanbase were willing to sell him two weeks into the season. Willing to sell him every 6 months tbf

ReputationRep:
    What's your point? I said he is not a top striker are you saying he is? Prove it.

ReputationRep:
    No matter what Giroud does he will never be good enough for some people.

Giroud's success is down to himself. Ozil has only assisted 6 of his 12 PL goals and 4 of those goals were in open play. Even during one his best performances this season last night, Ozil didn't assist any of his goals.

He's a much more clinical and efficient striker than when he first joined, every season here, he's improved and dispelled criticism. Deserves alot of credit tbh

Plus Alexis and especially Theo haven't really haven't scored alot of goals with Ozil in top form so your point doesn't make much sense.
    Yeah is so clinical that he missed that open goal yesterday which cost us. I'm not saying he is bad but he is not a top striker do you think that he is?

ReputationRep:
    Giroud will never be the world class striker so many of you think he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Yeah is so clinical that he missed that open goal yesterday which cost us. I'm not saying he is bad but he is not a top striker do you think that he is?
    How can you complain about him missing a chance when he scored two important goals and put in a top target man performance ffs. He is a top striker his record confirms that.

In my eyes the game was already won we lost the points because of bad defending.

ReputationRep:
    Henderson was pretty exceptional yesterday, even more so considering he wasn't fully fit. That being said we made him lool good; gave him way too much space in the first half. Still, I thought he was really really good. Would love to see a Wilsh-Hendo combo for England (there aren't any other decent english cm's tbf), genuinely think it would work

ReputationRep:
    How can you complain about him missing a chance when he scored two important goals and put in a top target man performance ffs. He is a top striker his record confirms that.

In my eyes the game was already won we lost the points because of bad defending.
    If you gonna praise him for the goal then you also gotta criticize him for missing. That is just being fair. Top striker means what to you? I don't consider him to be a top striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    lel you're fanbase were willing to sell him two weeks into the season. Willing to sell him every 6 months tbf
    Every fanbase has that one player who receives irrational hate. Giroud's performances in his first two seasons were diabolical to put it lightly. I admit I didn't think highly of Giroud up until the start of 2015. But after Monaco (H) I wanted him replaced immediately. He went on to score 8 goals in 8 games I think it was, and he's been superb since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    What's your point? I said he is not a top striker are you saying he is? Prove it.
    How shall I prove it you imbecile? His general play in the majority of games this season has been better than expected, not just holding the ball up when our backs were against the wall (yesterday and Bayern H are prime examples of his excellent strength against tough centrebacks). The stats are also very much on his side. 18 goals in 30 appearances this season is world class rate, as was his 19 in 36 appearances last season.

He isn't world class but he has certainly been a top striker since the start of 2015, and anyone who disagrees doesn't know a lot about the fundamentals of football, i.e. you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.