Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Cc

DDG made it only 3-0 instead of 10+
Massive credit to you guys for keeping him - I always hated Van der Sar for being so good but this guy is world class...
Was that the game where you got 3 pens?.

Strong SAS influence.

De Gea is bae.
Will be our best (ever?) if he stays but seemingly unlikely.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Was that the game where you got 3 pens?.

Strong SAS influence.

De Gea is bae.
Will be our best (ever?) if he stays but seemingly unlikely.
1st pen was created by Suarez.
3rd pen was created by Sturridge.
Sturridge assisted Suarez to make it 3-0.

I'd call that a strong influence...
#rekt
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
1st pen was created by Suarez.
3rd pen was created by Sturridge.
Sturridge assisted Suarez to make it 3-0.

I'd call that a strong influence...
#rekt
3rd pen didn't go in. Sturridge scuffed his shot and it happened to fall perfectly for Suarez.

Strong assist.
Strong everything.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
rekt
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
3rd pen didn't go in. Sturridge scuffed his shot and it happened to fall perfectly for Suarez.

Strong assist.
Strong everything.
How does whether the pen is scored or not affect the quality of its creation? U fool.

See that's the difference. Your tiny Manchester brains only thought it was a scuffed shot when in reality it was the perfect pass. Suarez saw it. Suarez scored. Where was bae then?
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
How does whether the pen is scored or not affect the quality of its creation? U fool.

See that's the difference. Your tiny Manchester brains only thought it was a scuffed shot when in reality it was the perfect pass. Suarez saw it. Suarez scored. Where was bae then?
He was too busy doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/results?q=de...%20suarez&sm=1 :coma:

I personally think it's one of, if not the best save he's ever made. Simply astonishing.

But yeah, you outplayed us in that game. Gerrard would have had a hattrick of penalties if his 3rd one didn't hit the post. Then again, if it wasn't for those penalties you only would've won 1-0 which would not have been a great result considering you were on fire in that season and we were absolutely woeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
He was too busy doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/results?q=de...%20suarez&sm=1 :coma:

I personally think it's one of, if not the best save he's ever made. Simply astonishing.

But yeah, you outplayed us in that game. Gerrard would have had a hattrick of penalties if his 3rd one didn't hit the post. Then again, if it wasn't for those penalties you only would've won 1-0 which would not have been a great result considering you were on fire in that season and we were absolutely woeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Save of the season. Easily.

Outplayed is putting it lightly. You were lucky to only go away with a 3-0 beating because it was much much worse.
You can't just discount 3 penalties though. They were given for a reason and the first two were legitimate. I could say that Rafael should've been given a second yellow for the first pen - it could've been much much worse.

That being said, as much as we rekt the league that season, we ended up with nothing to show for it. It was the best I've ever seen my team play and we STILL didn't win the league...
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Watching the U21's play and McNair looks so bad these days. Januzaj and Keane score though. Varela great. Pereira been great, he's way too good for U21's and it's painfully obvious. Bare tekkerz.
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's back.

Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LVG's record against the traditional top six is very good so he definitely has a different mindset to the big games and realises their importance but 2016 hasn't started off too badly in terms of results but it will be the same cycle as has been the case all season. One big result will see 2/3 poor performances which see us get lucky or a tidal wave of criticism and pressure before a big game comes around again.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

LVGOAT
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

Because a pen doesn't result in a guy reking you. It's just **** defending.

Because Sturridge really meant to boot it that hard to Suarez. Fortunate that you had the best striker in the league at the time who would score a jammy goal.
Course you would know all bout them.

Bae felt sorry for saving all those shots so he let one in to keep you fans from cutting yourselves.
Manchester United
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)

LVGOAT
7 pts clear

xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
rekt x2
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)

LVGOAT
Granted they've got a game in hand, but I'm shocked we're above City in that.
ClockEnderAFC
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surprised Arsenal are as high as 3rd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
LVG's record against the traditional top six is very good so he definitely has a different mindset to the big games and realises their importance but 2016 hasn't started off too badly in terms of results but it will be the same cycle as has been the case all season. One big result will see 2/3 poor performances which see us get lucky or a tidal wave of criticism and pressure before a big game comes around again.
He quite obviously under estimated the strength of teams like Swansea and Leicester when he first moved here. The smaller teams will happily just Park the bus knowing we can't breach it, whereas the top teams won't play that way and will be more inclined to attack. So in that regard it's easy to see why we do better in the big games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Januzaj > Sterling, right guys?!
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reports that AC Milan and Inter (with AC being strong contenders) are very keen on signing Fellani but we apparently want £20mill offers for him!

Finally
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (8)
20.51%
Labour (17)
43.59%
Liberal Democrats (6)
15.38%
Green Party (1)
2.56%
Brexit Party (1)
2.56%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
5.13%
Plaid Cymru (1)
2.56%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)