Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thank you for the advice, LP. I will send them an email to set up an appointment. There's no DSA here so I have no idea what kind of support they can offer but I guess I won't know unless I ask. I do feel kind of guilty about it though - there was this girl in an electronic wheelchair today and it's just like, she's coping I'm not, why am I so pathetic? I dunno, I'll email them but I'm not optimistic.

Hope you're doing ok.
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Saber, your problems are just as important as someone with physical disabilities. :hugs: You're not pathetic at all, I think it's brilliant how you've returned to uni to study.
    Amen :hugs: you've got this. You're not pathetic at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Amen :hugs: you've got this. You're not pathetic at all!
    nobody said he was pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    nobody said he was pathetic!
    Please read the posts man……………………..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thank you for the advice, LP. I will send them an email to set up an appointment. There's no DSA here so I have no idea what kind of support they can offer but I guess I won't know unless I ask. I do feel kind of guilty about it though - there was this girl in an electronic wheelchair today and it's just like, she's coping I'm not, why am I so pathetic? I dunno, I'll email them but I'm not optimistic.

Hope you're doing ok.
    That's the problem with these kinds of illnesses but don't buy into that internalised stigma you know how debilitating it can all be. Okay good plan hope they get back to you soon
    I'm okay thanks just coasting along...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    That's the problem with these kinds of illnesses but don't buy into that internalised stigma you know how debilitating it can all be. Okay good plan hope they get back to you soon
    I'm okay thanks just coasting along...
    stigma is very real and a great problem for some people who suffer from mental illness though?

ReputationRep:
    stigma is very real and a great problem for some people who suffer from mental illness though?
    Exactly! I said don't buy into it get the help you deserve is what I meant...

ReputationRep:
    That was LP's way of saying that Saber's problems are as just important as someone witb physical problems. :yep:

That's literally what she just said...:

you know how debilitating it can all be.
    I.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I said don't buy into it get the help you deserve is what I meant...
    That was LP's way of saying that Saber's problems are as just important as someone witb physical problems. :yep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    internalised stigma isn't something which you just buy in to, but something which is forced on you from the outside, by by society. i also suffer from this every day

ReputationRep:
    Yes tis thank you lovely!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I did thanks I am one to use flowery language quite often though to be fair

ReputationRep:
    internalised stigma isn't something which you just buy in to, but something which is forced on you from the outside, by by society. i also suffer from this every day
    We all do. We are all mental health sufferers here. We all face this stigmatisation from society.

ReputationRep:
    Yes tis thank you lovely!

I did thanks I am one to use flowery language quite often though to be fair
    I love your flowery language :love:

Feel so *****y.
    stressed about the technicalities of one of my projects and keep comparing it to the other one in another subject which i am performing to 'degree level' apparently (lol) so now i feel really **** about the other one which is just normal standard cos it is now my weakest thing compared to my other 2 things probably.
    but it's fine cos why am i stressing cos 'you've done way more than everyone else'
    so cant possibly be stressed and ffs just want to cry i cant do 32 weeks of this.

people assume things come easy and it pisses me off greatly.
    'How can you be stressed you got all A's'
    mhm and to get those A's involved considerable amounts of anxiety, stuff i probably cant say on here and all nighters, nightmares etc but no it's fine cos everything is fine.

and my nightmares never went away like i thought they would when we started again and palpitations have come back especially in a certain lesson.

sigh.

ReputationRep:
    9 out of 10 people who have a mental illness suffer from some sort of discrimination at some point in their lives. As Airmed said, it's almost inevitable all of us in here will experience it; which is why raising mental health awareness is so, so important.

ReputationRep:
    I love your flowery language :love:
    Aw but... :cry2: you just made my day! thank you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Aw :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, LP :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, LP :lovehug:
    hehe this is what low confidence does to you... compliments are like gold dust to me :cute: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    hehe this is what low confidence does to you... compliments are like gold dust to me :cute: :hugs:
    Whereas I never know what to do with them! Hope you're OK LP :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Whereas I never know what to do with them! Hope you're OK LP :hugs:
    it is uncomfortable sometimes isn't it but come on... in a nice way!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.