Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    My cough has converted into man!flu of the highest order. I can't stop sniffling and sneezing and whinging. Stupid festival gave me sneezles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    O1 ftw :ninjagirl:
    i camped in O1 too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    i camped in O1 too!!
    Haha did you hear them having a limbo competition on the Sunday?

See, Orange is so much more friendly! :o:
    A lot of people deciding to come and join out camp late at night/early in the morning because all of their camp had gone to sleep. Which was all well and good until some of us (including myself) had gone to sleep and was woken up at 4AM by them still being out there (despite only one member of our camp being out there and the rest of them being all strangers), screeching to each other, and talking about pulling an all nighter (thankfully they didn't :o:)

Kept us entertained though.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds '09 - My highlights.

Friday
    - The Prodigy. Stonking set, was pissed so danced like a loon the whole way through, got stuck in the crowd so had to do a conga line.
    -Eagles of Death Metal. Sad Josh Homme didn't drum but then -> THEM CROOKED VULTURES. Saw Dave Grohl i.e. aim of my life! Didn't know one single song but loved every one despite this. Getting to ring my dad to boast I just saw John Paul Jones.
    -Spinnerette. On the barrier, loving it. Baptized by Fire = FANTASTICO.
    - Arctic Monkeys, **** but did I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor soonish so we could piss off for a bevvy

Saturday (BESTDAY)
    -Passion Pit then Crystal Castles. Made loadsa new pals, absolutley sloshed so partied the whole way through. Crystal Castles was just a wave of sweaty dancing
    -Master Shortie, FANTASTIC, started with Prince Charming (Y) 3OH!3 also great but got punched in the womb just before Don't Trust Me
    - CHASE AND STATUS. Absolute highlight!!! Another highlight being the Yellow Campsite DJ and Relentless had Peices and Eastern Jam on repeat
    -Radiohead. Not a MASSIVE fan but blown away by Idioteque, just as I thought I would be.

Sunday
    -Kings of Leon. **** because the songs were sooooo slow but they did Charmer, 4 Kicks and Red Morning Light near the beginning (even if they were at half ******* time) so we got nachos and went and got leeeathered.
    -ONE OF THE BIGGEST HIGHLIGHTS. Florence and the Machine, amaaaaazing what a woman! Stuck in the rain but loved every minute. Shame she got taken off early as I'd have loved to have seen Rabbit Heart, no doubt that was her last song
    Friendly Fires were stunnnning. I'd only recently started listening to them as I'd put them in the same boring pile as White Lies (sorry for any offence). Listened to their album and LOVED EVERY SONG. They were great live, especially since we got in NME aka nice and dry!!!
    To top it off, JAMIE T. Loved it and loved the finale of Sheila followed by Sticks and Stones

-The Virgins. Saving my energy, we sat down and chilled for The Virgins. Good effort lads.
    -Dananananykroyd. I hope you all saw these lads because they absolutley BROUGHT IT. They were full of energy and all their songs are faaaaaaaaab. Plus they're scottish (Y)

Good lord, sorry to ramble but I'm hoping this gives an indication of the sort of weekend I had!!

ReputationRep:
    Rabbit Heart was her last song at Reading and just.. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerjane)
    -[B]ONE OF THE BIGGEST HIGHLIGHTS. Florence and the Machine, amaaaaazing what a woman! Stuck in the rain but loved every minute. Shame she got taken off early as I'd have loved to have seen Rabbit Heart, no doubt that was her last song
    I think I'm in love with Florence! She was amazing as was Jamie T - Legend.

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a presale ticket for next year. Which was a ridiculous spur of the moment thing to do considering I'm not completely sure I'll want to go, and I don't really have very much money.

ReputationRep:
    Faith No More blew everyone out of the water. Best band I've seen in my life. Now my 3rd Reading is over, and now I've seen Sunday night get progressively worse, I think it's gonna be VIP Sonisphere for me next year.

ReputationRep:
    screw reading next year (this year was beaut, im not gunna lie but...)... i'm allllll about glastonbury!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedic!)
    screw reading next year (this year was beaut, im not gunna lie but...)... i'm allllll about glastonbury!
    Ditto :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moroseblight)
    Ditto :yep:
    finally someone on this thread that agrees!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to glastonbury this year probably... but like i'll probably still go to reading

maximises my chances of seeing the strokes and/or the libertines!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddymaine)
    i'm going to glastonbury this year probably... but like i'll probably still go to reading

maximises my chances of seeing the strokes and/or the libertines!
    Libertines... my dream headliner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownpleasures)
    Libertines... my dream headliner.
    pete doherty said they were definately playing festivals 2010 and they were offered to headline 2009 so there's a good chance!

ReputationRep:
    Libertines? Probably not, Barat is too busy carving out his own career and Peter is doing his own thing? And if they didn't do it this year, I don't think they will do it next year. If they do, I will eat my hat gladly.

I have a bet on Muse headlining next year.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Libertines had definitely confirmed a festival? (as in, all of them had agreed they are gonna play a 2010 fest).

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Blink 182 are gonna headline next yr.. after their 'come back'.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see Muse not headlining.

I think I will definitely go to Glastonbury, well if I get hold of a ticket that is, and I'll decide later on Leeds when there are definitive rumours re. the lineup, but I have a feeling that the Glasto lineup will be much better for me. Dunno, I'll see how much money I have when the Leeds tickets come out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumblelion)
    Leeds 09 was INCREDIBLE! Already booked 2010 tickets!

Who is going??!!
    I'm going to Reading 2010 :woo:

I got my tickets straight after 09 was over

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.