Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Woo, lots and lots of forms and informational stuff! Filling this all in from Berlin is probably going to be a bit of a pain though. Ah well, time enough to distract myself by comparing the three almost-identical gown/cap/tie offers. :p:

Also the freshers letter on WebLearn links to the Facebook group I made. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Congratz all. Though has anyone else not received anything since meeting their offer?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to sign up to WebLearn?
    I received a letter today, which was nice, but nothing else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blergh22)
    Congratz all. Though has anyone else not received anything since meeting their offer?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAR12)
    Do you have to sign up to WebLearn?
    I received a letter today, which was nice, but nothing else!
    The freshers' stuff should be public, so no.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, the only other geographer I know who had an offer didn't get in (and I got his place )

If anyone going to Christ Church/doing geog wants to say hi just PM me (the facebook page has yet to actually let me join)

ReputationRep:
    So Merton give us gown/cap/tie order forms for three different companies, which on inspection of their websites all use the same photo and have the same price. What, pray tell, is the point in trading under three different names? If anyone can find a self-tie white bow tie for under £10.50 please let me know. :p:

(Original post by Lucius)
    If anyone going to Christ Church/doing geog wants to say hi just PM me (the facebook page has yet to actually let me join)
    Typical ChCh, probably have a bowler-hatted porter at the 'accept' button on Facebook. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    So Merton give us gown/cap/tie order forms for three different companies, which on inspection of their websites all use the same photo and have the same price. What, pray tell, is the point in trading under three different names? If anyone can find a self-tie white bow tie for under £10.50 please let me know.
    St Catz gave us the websites for 2 of them. The only difference that I can see is that one (Shepherd and Woodward) can spell separate and one (The Varsity Shop) can't

ReputationRep:
    The agony of deciding whether to buy a college hoody on the same order form (Shepherd and Woodward). I wish there was a picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs12123)
    St Catz gave us the websites for 2 of them. The only difference that I can see is that one (Shepherd and Woodward) can spell separate and one (The Varsity Shop) can't
    Nice catch.

Those aren't self-tie, but it seems you edited that out. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Nice catch.

Those aren't self-tie, but it seems you edited that out. :ninja:
    Yeah I then realised that self-tie means, well, self-tie.
    Don't judge me, I sustained a head injury yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I then realised that self-tie means, well, self-tie.
    Don't judge me, I sustained a head injury yesterday
    No worries, you girls get it lucky with your 'ribbon' that's basically a piece of string. You might want to go easy on the head injuries now that your brain's got something to look forward to. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No worries, you girls get it lucky with your 'ribbon' that's basically a piece of string. You might want to go easy on the head injuries now that your brain's got something to look forward to. :p:
    You make a very good point, it said somewhere that we can also wear a soft cap rather than a mortarboard (I can't see any way to order that instead though)
    Yeah I did find it a tad ironic that rather than rewarding myself for doing well I poisoned my liver and bashed my brain about

ReputationRep:
    You make a very good point, it said somewhere that we can also wear a soft cap rather than a mortarboard (I can't see any way to order that instead though)
    Yeah I did find it a tad ironic that rather than rewarding myself for doing well I poisoned my liver and bashed my brain about
    From what I've seen the soft cap looks a bit silly on almost everyone, with even less consensus on what you're supposed to do with it than the ribbon. Also I'm fairly sure that if you have one you can't take it off indoors, which might be a consideration if you ever have exams in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    It's an option, but almost all the girls get the mortarboard, I'd advise doing that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Physics, you?
    Engineering so similar enough - i think we met at the interviews actually. Really excited and can't wait to meet everyone ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattierosie)
    Engineering so similar enough - i think we met at the interviews actually. Really excited and can't wait to meet everyone ^^
    Ah right, I should hopefully recognise you in October then! Yeah can't wait either, I really want a freshers pack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Ah right, I should hopefully recognise you in October then! Yeah can't wait either, I really want a freshers pack
    Highly doubtful considering my own friends don't recognise me half the time due to some drastic image changes on a supposedly fortnightly basis.

There some freshers info on the hertford website here but I'm guessing we will get a pack as well - any idea when? Other colleges seem to have had info with their acceptance letters ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattierosie)
    Highly doubtful considering my own friends don't recognise me half the time due to some drastic image changes on a supposedly fortnightly basis.

There some freshers info on the hertford website here but I'm guessing we will get a pack as well - any idea when? Other colleges seem to have had info with their acceptance letters ):
    Hahaha! Like dying your hair or something? :p:

I don't actually know, in the confirmation letter I got today it just says we will hear from them shortly. I get the feeling we'll get a freshers pack in the next week then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    Yes!
    Did you get a massive envelope with about 15 bits of paper to sign?

Also, you got your college parents yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.