Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm not sure whether to be worried about this or not :p:
    I'd take it as a compliment, shows that you don't try to be somebody else online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    I'd take it as a compliment, shows that you don't try to be somebody else online.
    Epic... I guess :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Epic... I guess :p:
    Eh. I'd be more verbose but I've had a few tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Eh. I'd be more verbose but I've had a few tonight.
    Haha no I getcha. And especially considering you're speaking my language right now

ReputationRep:
    I've gotta be pretty ill before the lymph nodes in my neck go up, but they have today. That, coupled with the fire burning at the back of my throat leads me to believe that I'm probably not going to be feeling very well tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edcourageous)
    at risk of sounding killjoy i dont know how you got away with this, stinks of FTP committee to me!
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    It was only PBL. If it was patients fair enough.
    Dude, when speedystef told me your story you sounded horrific man, wasn't even subtly bit drunk, outright embarrassingly mashed obstructing PBL and making things awkward

The LAD in me says hero, and crys a tear of admiration

The realist in me says, come on man, really? :/

P.s. I love you, without you I wouldn't have xbox live in my room :p:

ReputationRep:
    So now friends from back home are getting married and having babies? I so should not be broody as a second year!

ReputationRep:
    hey, can somebody help me!
    im a first year, and am very very stuck with one part of an assignment.

basically its a case of a guy who has fractured his leg, and we have been given some blood gases to analyse. The blood gases are quite low, but the issue im having is that the guy is at a hospital at 3300m when these gases are taken, so how do I find out if these gases are normal for this altitude or not?

I have tried looking on the internet for blood gas values for different altitudes but have found nothing.. is there an equation I can use such as the alveolar gas equation?

thanks v much in advance!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    So now friends from back home are getting married and having babies? I so should not be broody as a second year!
    And as a male second year :p:

(Original post by SMed)
    How's St Peters going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    And as a male second year :p:
    I know, right! I guess my 2 gap years may have made a difference to these things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dooodles)
    hey, can somebody help me!
    im a first year, and am very very stuck with one part of an assignment.

basically its a case of a guy who has fractured his leg, and we have been given some blood gases to analyse. The blood gases are quite low, but the issue im having is that the guy is at a hospital at 3300m when these gases are taken, so how do I find out if these gases are normal for this altitude or not?

I have tried looking on the internet for blood gas values for different altitudes but have found nothing.. is there an equation I can use such as the alveolar gas equation?

thanks v much in advance!
    Not a soton medic by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Not a soton medic by any chance?
    maybe have you any idea?! im stuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Dude, when speedystef told me your story you sounded horrific man, wasn't even subtly bit drunk, outright embarrassingly mashed obstructing PBL and making things awkward

The LAD in me says hero, and crys a tear of admiration

The realist in me says, come on man, really? :/

P.s. I love you, without you I wouldn't have xbox live in my room :p:
    Thankfully you're more lad than realist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Grabby
    You know BSL, right? How much did it cost? I'd like to give it a go, but I can't afford a £280 course.

ReputationRep:
    You know BSL, right? How much did it cost? I'd like to give it a go, but I can't afford a £280 course.
    It was free because I started when I was 18 (or under) and in full time education.

Booyah!

If I had had to pay, BSL level 1 was around 200, 70 for the prep for BSL level 2, and BSL level 2 around 350

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dooodles)
    maybe have you any idea?! im stuck
    Haha! I haven't really looked at the assignment yet but the blood gas is altitude is the aspect that I'm not looking forward to. So I'm clueless too atm

ReputationRep:
    Can you not do it through uni? We had the opportunity to do it as our humanities module this year, but it sounds like the kind of thing that might be offered as an extracurricular by a student union...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    It was free because I started when I was 18 (or under) and in full time education.

Booyah!

If I had had to pay, BSL level 1 was around 200, 70 for the prep for BSL level 2, and BSL level 2 around 350
    Damn you. :unimpressed:

(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Can you not do it through uni? We had the opportunity to do it as our humanities module this year, but it sounds like the kind of thing that might be offered as an extracurricular by a student union...
    Hopefully, it's top of my list of things to find out about when I go back. I think I've read that it is an SSC somewhere, ?QUB and UCL.

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Damn you. :unimpressed:

Hopefully, it's top of my list of things to find out about when I go back. I think I've read that it is an SSC somewhere, ?QUB and UCL.
    My Uni has like, language courses in french etc, think I remember seeing they had BSL. they're free. have a look!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.