Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Should Wenger invest in youth or spend big this summer??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    4 negs just for mentioning the cl final we lost? I thought I was sore
    The incident in May 2006 shalt not be spoken in this realm, good sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    The incident in May 2006 shalt not be spoken in this realm, good sir.
    Bit late now isn't it ha... All those begs though, extremely loose butthole.

P.s. loving the Boondocks name

ReputationRep:
    rumour that vermalens been told he can leave for 5mill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    5 mil? 5 ****ing mill?

(Original post by yaboy)
    Surely that can't be right? :lolwut: Wouldn't be entirely shocked with Vermaelen leaving, but 5 mil seems inordinately low. Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Surely that can't be right? :lolwut: Wouldn't be entirely shocked with Vermaelen leaving, but 5 mil seems inordinately low. Source?
    Saw it on SSN but think the sun an a few other sites were mentioning it. You would think itll be for atleast 10mill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Saw it on SSN but think the sun an a few other sites were mentioning it. You would think itll be for atleast 10mill
    If it's on the sun then that means it's bull**** lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Despite his bad form this season, there is no way the club would let our captain, who is coming into his prime years, leave for less than half the money we bought him for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Seems odd when he still has 2 years left on his contract. He's only 27 too.

For 5mil, I'd have him at Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Might be some truth to it. When Wenger wants to sell a player, he doesn't really hold out for much money. Henry and Song comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    I would be annoyed to sell vermaelen even for say 12m because it is just needless hassle having to try and replace him so if he goes for 5 I would be fuming

ReputationRep:
    We could get £15m for Vermaelen tbh, even though he has been out of form this season he is still a quality player. But I would like to keep him as a third choice CB because Kos and Mert will pick up injuries/suspensions during the season, but he would not want to be a third choice CB when he's 27, theoretically approaching his peak but he has actually regressed. Either way I think Arteta will be captain next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    We could get £15m for Vermaelen tbh, even though he has been out of form this season he is still a quality player. But I would like to keep him as a third choice CB because Kos and Mert will pick up injuries/suspensions during the season, but he would not want to be a third choice CB when he's 27, theoretically approaching his peak but he has actually regressed. Either way I think Arteta will be captain next season.

I doubt arteta will be first choice next season tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    I doubt arteta will be first choice next season tbh
    Why not? Who exactly is going to replace him? He's clearly an integral part of the team.

ReputationRep:
    Spend big! Us fans need something now. Don't get me wrong he's an awesome manger and even being trophy less for so long don't bother me. But if he has the funds then use them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no way would verm leave for 5m. 10m at least.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, still talking about youth?

He should buy some good players, it doesn't take a genius to work that out now does it.

ReputationRep:
    UEFA deciding to award the winners of the Europa League (from 2015) with a CL place, interesting I've been in favour of that for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    UEFA deciding to award the winners of the Europa League (from 2015) with a CL place, interesting I've been in favour of that for a while.
    Is it in the qualifiers or the group stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.