Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Got my literacy skills test in a couple of hours and still nothing from my referee.
    Just print off the form you don't need your references.
    This was all I did on Wednesday even tho my form had been paid for and sent!
    Don't worry and good luck! Literacy one is easy! You done your maths?

ReputationRep:
    Got my literacy skills test in a couple of hours and still nothing from my referee.
    Ugh, really sorry to hear you STILL haven't got your reference! That's ridiculous. She should have gotten a reminder by now at least...

You should be fine for your skills test, don't worry. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Have people been letting their providers know when they have passed their skills tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Just to say, I've got an interview but UCAS has not been updated, so so e university's May not update, so I'd watch for a letter in the post, so just because ucas does not say you have one does not mean you have not got one :-)
    Mine's the same. It shows I have an interview at MMU, but Edgehill have invited me in for interview and this isn't on the UCAS track.
    Still waiting to hear from my Schools Direct application. It's through MMU, so I am presuming they may wait to see how my interview goes with MMU.
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wondered if anyone had heard back from Strathclyde about an interview? I have applied for Biology with Science but not heard anything :/

They have said no to my application for Maths.

On the plus side i got an interview for Glasgow for Biology on the 17th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Have people been letting their providers know when they have passed their skills tests?
    No I'm fairly certain you would just mention it at your interview! They have so much going on already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    No I'm fairly certain you would just mention it at your interview! They have so much going on already!
    I haven't been invited to any interviews (yet, hopefully) so I thought it may help my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Just print off the form you don't need your references.
    This was all I did on Wednesday even tho my form had been paid for and sent!
    Don't worry and good luck! Literacy one is easy! You done your maths?
    Ah, I know I can still do it, just impatient because I really want to send my application off! I really wasn't expecting to have to wait this long. And thank you! I've tried a couple of practice tests online and passed them easily so I'm not too worried. My maths is booked in for next Saturday.

(Original post by Airfairy)
    Ugh, really sorry to hear you STILL haven't got your reference! That's ridiculous. She should have gotten a reminder by now at least...

You should be fine for your skills test, don't worry. Good luck.
    I was due to be able to send a reminder tomorrow but I sent one manually by editing my reference details and sending the request out again. She's been ignoring my emails so I doubt it will make much difference, but I'm going to ring during lunchtime to see if I can catch her. Argh!

Thanks for the luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Is anyone coming along to the University of Bristol History PGCE interview next week?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I know I can still do it, just impatient because I really want to send my application off! I really wasn't expecting to have to wait this long. And thank you! I've tried a couple of practice tests online and passed them easily so I'm not too worried. My maths is booked in for next Saturday.

I was due to be able to send a reminder tomorrow but I sent one manually by editing my reference details and sending the request out again. She's been ignoring my emails so I doubt it will make much difference, but I'm going to ring during lunchtime to see if I can catch her. Argh!

Thanks for the luck.
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darren2811)
    Hi

Just wondered if anyone had heard back from Strathclyde about an interview? I have applied for Biology with Science but not heard anything :/

They have said no to my application for Maths.

On the plus side i got an interview for Glasgow for Biology on the 17th
    Hey I got a no straight away from Strathclyde but just got an interview for Glasgow really happy! Hope you find out soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jippi, got an interview for MFL at York on the 13th, but I had to reschedule it and they were so friendly on the phone that it made me feel very positive

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have an interview at YSJ for Lower Primary on the 17th, I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Congrats, how did you find out? I'm still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I got a email this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippygirl)
    Hey I got a no straight away from Strathclyde but just got an interview for Glasgow really happy! Hope you find out soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck for your interview at Glasgow, when is yours?

ReputationRep:
    oh :confused: I have just tried to do a practice numeracy test on the DofE website, timed and in an environment like the real thing, and I failed terribly!! On the mental arithmatic I actually didn't get to enter my answer before it had moved onto the next screen!!

I am now a bit panicked because I actually have a maths test at St Marys as part of the interview on Wednesday next week, and now I am a little scared as to whether I will pass or not!!

How has everyone else found the maths tests?

And would anyone have been to St Mary's already and know if it mental arithmatic and/or time restricted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbaby)
    Hi, I got a email this morning.
    Was that for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Just to say, I've got an interview but UCAS has not been updated, so so e university's May not update, so I'd watch for a letter in the post, so just because ucas does not say you have one does not mean you have not got one :-)
    Well done on your interview! Thanks for the info - It useful as I'm abroad at the moment, just rang home but nothing yet! Fingers crossed. Do you mind me asking when you applied?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Yeah, I have an interview for primary at Cambridge next week!
    Well done on your interview. Best of luck! When abouts did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys - question for any with interviews.

If any of you have to do a presentation as part of your interview (I believe it's quite common) do you know if you're allowed cue cards or notes, or should it be off memory? I just want to know if I can rely on a set of notes or not, or whether I need to memorise. I would e-mail them but I've already e-mailed her loads because she sent me a wrong e-mail and then yeah, etc etc, I don't want to keep e-mailing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.