word up!

(Original post by Arketec)
      word up!
      It's the codeword

ReputationRep:
      of the streets

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
      Oh don't use that word around me or I get very cross.

There is no such thing as a friendzone.

I could go on a long rant and link you to some awesome websites furthering this but the swear filter wouldn't really allow it. Let's put it this way, not being romantically interested in a guy is not something that people should be allowed to **** a girl off for, we're not just here to get with anyone and everyone, we're allowed to not be interested in people and the fact that they are showing interest in us shouldn't mean we're obligated to be interested in them.
      I beg to differ... If a guy really likes a girl and is nice really nice to her (as he should be anyway...), but she has no interest in him romantically and treats him as a friend, he is therefore friendzoned.

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
      I think so too but then the inevitable happens and he makes a pass at her...................????????
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by skotch)
      I beg to differ... If a guy really likes a girl and is nice really nice to her (as he should be anyway...), but she has no interest in him romantically and treats him as a friend, he is therefore friendzoned.

Discuss.
      IMO, unless he actually tells her he likes her, it's not friend zoning, because they were only friends in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Discuss.
      No he is not "friendzoned". He falls into the category of a good friend that shouldn't think he deserves any form of sexual or emotional relationship just because he is being "nice" there is no friendzone, not everything has to be about sex, much to Dr Freud's displeasure

Also, I believe anyone is capable of escaping the "friendzone" if they tried :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ipoop)
      No he is not "friendzoned". He falls into the category of a good friend that shouldn't think he deserves any form of sexual or emotional relationship just because he is being "nice" there is no friendzone, not everything has to be about sex, much to Dr Freud's displeasure

Also, I believe anyone is capable of escaping the "friendzone" if they tried :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Who mentioned sex?
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ecosse_14)
      Who mentioned sex?
      ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ecosse_14)
      Who mentioned sex?
      Everything I think is related to sex :mmm: also I personally believe that everyone (most people) develope a sexual attraction beofr an emotional one :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by shadowdweller)
      ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile
      No finger pointing, shadowdweller! :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ipoop)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I'm doesn't have anything to do with sex though...
      I'm saying that said guy that likes said girl is in a zone of being a friend rather than being in a relationship with her which he would much prefer.

I too believe a guy can escape the friendzone, although it could end up with a bit of an awkward friendship. I also believe girls can be 'friendzoned' by guys.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ipoop)
      No finger pointing, shadowdweller! :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I'm sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Splenge007)
      what will you do when you have to use the bathroom?
      I don't think i can :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ipoop)
      I personally believe that everyone (most people) develope a sexual attraction beofr an emotional one :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I beg to differ

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by shadowdweller)
      ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Well obviously, who else would it have been

(Original post by ipoop)
      Everything I think is related to sex :mmm: also I personally believe that everyone (most people) develope a sexual attraction beofr an emotional one :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      So I gathered when I started posting in this thread :sexface: It can work both ways, I think :yes:
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

Discuss.
      Okay:

Scenario 1) A boy and girl have no romantic interest in each other and are just friends.
      Scenario 2) A boy and girl are friends but the boy likes the girl.

Now in both these scenarios the girls actions and feelings are entirely the same, she has not placed him in any kind of zone, she is just treating him as a friend as that is what he is to her. Yes it's unfortunate for the guy in scenario 2 but just because he likes the girl it doesn't mean she is under any obligation to treat him any differently then if he didn't like her. I understand what you mean in that he remains a friend, but the semantics of friendzone doesn't lend itself to just being a friend but rather to someone who has been nice and got nothing in return. This is why it's better to just refer to people as friends rather than a friendzoned party and a friendzoner, because at the end of the day for someone to be friendzoned it implies that someone has done the friendzoning, whereas the girl has just treated the guy as a friend and that's absolutely fine and she shouldn't have to do anything else.

ReputationRep:
      Onesies (lead to funzies) :mmm:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Juno)
      I don't think i can :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      what will you do? :gasp:

use a bottle? jug? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
      three...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.