Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Whoever wins out of Murray and Dimitrov, I hope they crush Kyrgios in the next round. Cannot stand the guy. It's hard to care about his potential when he's making code violations and being a whiny primadonna, like he was today.

ReputationRep:
    Dimitrov needs to be a bit more aggressive and improve his serve.

ReputationRep:
    Hearing more on Twitter about Kyrgios' exploits today, which included racket throwing, consistent obscenities (with no warning) and yelling at a ball boy for his towel. Nothing wrong with a bit of edge, but that is terrible attitude. I can't get behind this guy.

ReputationRep:
    Great comeback from Nick Kyrgios! Saves match point to edge out Andreas Seppi 5-7, 4-6, 6-3, 7-6, 8-6 and becomes the first Aussie local to enter the AO Quarter-Finals since Lleyton Hewitt in 2005.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand Kygrios too. The guy acts like he is all gangsta and everything. I too hope that he gets crushed in the next round.

ReputationRep:
    He's a bit over-excited and still only 19/20. Give him 5-6 years and he should (hopefully) morph into a better role model for other tennis players. With success comes responsibility, and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    I can't stand Kygrios too. The guy acts like he is all gangsta and everything. I hope he gets crushed in the next round.
    Yup. He can get away with this in Australia where the patriotism masks his attitude but he'll get slaughtered in Paris for it. It was the briefest of acknowledgements he made of Seppi afterwards as well, after such a gruelling 5 set match. No class.

Dimitrov is making some errors at the absolute wrong times at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Yup. He can get away with this in Australia where the patriotism masks his attitude but he'll get slaughtered in Paris for it. It was the briefest of acknowledgements he made of Seppi afterwards as well, after such a gruelling 5 set match. No class.

Dimitrov is making some errors at the absolute wrong times at the moment.
    He is an arrogant little ****. I love to see him get rip to shreds by the French crowd.

Dimi breaks back for a TB.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of his class (or lack of it thereof), Murray will probably take him apart on court as he has done in the past. He's improving with each game - the off-season appears to have been quite fruitful

ReputationRep:
    Wow! What a pass from Dimitrov.

ReputationRep:
    Murray really should have buried that smash though.

ReputationRep:
    Great point by Dimitrov at 3-2! Come on Murray...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Murray really should have buried that smash though.
    Yes, too casual from Murray - it'll be a big blow if he loses the set.

ReputationRep:
    Maria's boy takes the set. Poor from Murray though as he was twice up a break. His 2nd serve still needs a lot of work.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Krish. He got way too loose at the end of the 2nd and he's paid the price.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of reminds me of the 2013 Semifinal vs Federer so far. Murray 6-4 first set, looks to be in control and then has a lapse at the end of set 2. Only difference is that this match isn't being played at such a high level

ReputationRep:
    Superb hitting from Murray early in the third.

ReputationRep:
    Thrilled that Kyrigos is through. Those slamming him for his attitude should look at Murray, Djokovic even Fed at his age. Federer has said himself that he used to have a terrible attitude and we all know about Murray. Heck Murray still swears and it was only 2009 when Fed was swearing at umpires so don't be too hard on a 19 year old his tennis isn't the only thing that still needs to mature

ReputationRep:
    Win or lose, I'm pleased for Dimi. Definitely his best performance since Wimbledon. Lets hope he builds on this and doesn't have a letdown like he did in the second half of last season.

ReputationRep:
    Dimitrov up 3-0 in the 4th set - could we be going the distance?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.