Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buxtonarmy)
    Select kidney failure (1)Renal Vascular Disease (figure was +9.2)

Wasn't the answer 'unknown diagnosis' ??
    It went up 10.2%
    Renal Vascular Disease went up by 400%

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me that exact questions for the MBM answer? I know one was about synapses..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjblok)
    For why we shiver I put, increased temperature reduces activity of acetylcholinesterase, so ACh is not hydrolysed and remains in receptor, so sodium channels remain open causing the continued stimulation of action potentials in post-synaptic membrane leading to muscles. Could be wrong, anyone else put something like that?
    I don't think all the stuff about acetylcholine is relevant. However, you put increased temperature which might be enough to get you a mark. I think the answer is that you shiver to increase body temperature to make your body less hospitable to pathogens.

ReputationRep:

It went up 10.2%
    This isn't a condition, which is why this wasn't an answer

It specifically asked for a condition, this is an unknown diagnosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    Can you talk about triglycerides and amino acids breaking down to form glucose??????????????/ so insulin secretion continues?
    was this question 2 or 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjblok)
    Renal Vascular Disease went up by 400%
    i put this, do you think its right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperIntake)
    Well that exam has just ruined my chance of getting into uni. To think this was the unit I found easiest as well.
    Same 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    43/60 what grade would that be on this paper?

ReputationRep:
    everyone: "being really strict, I think I got 40/50/60"
    me: "being really strict, I think I got around 20"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bible)
    Can anybody tell me that exact questions for the MBM answer? I know one was about synapses..?
    I may not be much help here since I fail to remember the order. But I think they were

a) Which go from the CNS - M

b) which go connect with others through synapses - B

c) which go to an effector - M

ReputationRep:

It went up 10.2%
    i put this as well but nobody else seems to have

ReputationRep:
    Where was the stuff about ornithine.krebs cycle etc etc etec WHY DID I SPEND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS MEMORISING THEM PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deeferdog)
    everyone: "being really strict, I think I got 40/50/60"
    me: "being really strict, I think I got around 20"

thats ME! LOOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdderLey)
    I don't think all the stuff about acetylcholine is relevant. However, you put increased temperature which might be enough to get you a mark. I think the answer is that you shiver to increase body temperature to make your body less hospitable to pathogens.
    If all of that is true about pathogens, then why would the body simultaneously sweat?

ReputationRep:

It went up 10.2%
    Yes i wrote a note saying that went up the most however it asked for a cause and I can only assume they wanted one that was a clear cause not the undiagnosed! Could be wrong though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey7695)
    i put this, do you think its right?
    yeah I am pretty sure it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    Where was the stuff about ornithine.krebs cycle etc etc etec WHY DID I SPEND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS MEMORISING THEM PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Yeah really they had too many questions where you had to apply your knowledge it seems to be theme this year with ocr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    43/60 what grade would that be on this paper?
    possibly an A, we have no idea of the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a mean paper. TBH this has been a common occurrence for OCR over the last few years. They make unit 4 the hardest in terms of content with all the different processes to remember and then they just question you on crap which people who haven't learnt A level biology could do. I'm hoping with the new syllabus they stop wasting paper space by adding **** questions and actually test you on what you have learnt. Applied questions are fine, they are useful in fact but at least make it relevant to the material learnt.

ReputationRep:
    is saying they have ion channels enough or too vague in the similarities between the neurones question

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.