Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    If you gonna praise him for the goal then you also gotta criticize him for missing. That is just being fair. Top striker means what to you? I don't consider him to be a top striker.
    And so he was fairly criticized for it, but saying we didn't win because he missed that chance is one of the dumbest things I've ever read, time and events don't move in a linear sequence you moron. Even had he scored that there's no evidence to suggest he would scored the next goal, or that the game would have panned out in the same way. We could have gone on to lose 5-3.

ReputationRep:
    We lost because Arteta and Ox, our two worst players of the season, came on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Stoke away, Chelsea home, Barca away? I presume? Looking tough.
    Stoke A and Chelsea H yep, apparently we haven't won either away at Stoke or at home to Chelsea since 2010! Can't believe it's been 6 years. Barca away is just a myth lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Giroud will never be the world class striker so many of you think he is.
    The problem is with the fanboys. I am an Arsenal fan but I am rational the fanboys are just deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    How shall I prove it you imbecile? His general play in the majority of games this season has been better than expected, not just holding the ball up when our backs were against the wall (yesterday and Bayern H are prime examples of his excellent strength against tough centrebacks). The stats are also very much on his side. 18 goals in 30 appearances this season is world class rate, as was his 19 in 36 appearances last season.

He isn't world class but he has certainly been a top striker since the start of 2015, and anyone who disagrees doesn't know a lot about the fundamentals of football, i.e. you.
    Lol getting butthurt over another mans opinion on the internet. I said he's not a top striker did I say he has never improved? read first before you jump to conclusions. I agree with Alan Shearer and Henry that he is not a top striker now go tell them they don't know football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Lol getting butthurt over another mans opinion on the internet. I said he's not a top striker did I say he has never improved? read first before you jump to conclusions. I agree with Alan Shearer and Henry that he is not a top striker now go tell them they don't know football.
    Laughing at this. Where did I say in those two paragraphs that he's improved? I said he's a top striker, which you've been refuting you nonce. Read first before you jump to conclusions.

The same Henry who said Cazorla is a better AM than Ozil? Alright mate. Footballers are good at football, doesn't mean they're smart about it. In fact you probably picked out the two biggest idiots in football.

Go tell Wenger Giroud's not a top striker.

ReputationRep:
    lol at this bickering between fans, imagine how disillusioned the players will be if all they heard at the Emirates was that (or the away fans). No wonder we can't win anything (except FA Cups)

ReputationRep:
    Laughing at this. Where did I say in those two paragraphs that he's improved? I said he's a top striker, which you've been refuting you nonce. Read first before you jump to conclusions.

The same Henry who said Cazorla is a better AM than Ozil? Alright mate. Footballers are good at football, doesn't mean they're smart about it. In fact you probably picked out the two biggest idiots in football.

Go tell Wenger Giroud's not a top striker.
    Are you serious right now? Top striker compared to who? Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic? These pundits are still making money talking about football you aint making anything from discussing this on an internet forum. Also, I'm not going to tell Wenger anything I'm not going to say I can manage a football team I give my opinion that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine thinking Giroud is close to Suarez and Lewa
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Glad to see once the red mist faded we've not gone into meltdown. Easy to throw a hissy fit after drawing late on like that but putting things into perspective it was a very good performance. To come back so quickly from going behind twice is good to see.
    I wouldn't even drop Campbell once Sanchez is back, for me he has done more to deserve to keep his starting spot that Walcott has.
    Thought Ozil was poor yesterday, struggled to create but having said that some of the hold up play and first touches he did were outrageously good. Should have been taken off with 20 to go tbf.
    Feel bad for Ox tbh, get the feeling he's trying too hard. Campbell often holds onto the ball too long as well, but when he does he drags back from the defender and assesses the situation before making a good pass (e.g. the in the build up to the Giroud howler), not run into defenders time and time again. The sad fact is Ox isn't a starter but he isn't a good player to come on with 20 to go when we're leading by a goal and under pressure because his counter attacking play isn't even nearly there yet.
    Should Cazorla really be coming back in the squad at cm once he returns from injury? He's had far too many 6/10 performances this season and Ramsey puts in an 8/10 shift pretty much every game.
    Once everyone is back (bar coq and wilsh and assuming el nenny signs) I would personally start:
    Cech
    Bell kosc mert monr
    Flam/El Nenny Rambo
    Campbell Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

Depending on how well el nenny fits in. If we're winning bring on gibbo nenny/flam walcott if losing santi, walcott
    That potential line up is why I'm so confident of our chances. We have so many options when all are fit, and even when standard wheelchair goons like wilshere and rosicky are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Are you serious right now? Top striker compared to who? Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic? These pundits are still making money talking about football you aint making anything from discussing this on an internet forum. Also, I'm not going to tell Wenger anything I'm not going to say I can manage a football team I give my opinion that's all.
    Those are world class strikers. Giroud is in the bracket below them, for sure.

Because pundits make money for their opinions that must mean they're right or something? They can still be wrong. Who cares anyhow, how does that even enter the argument? You seem very confused. You're bringing up random things which have no relevance nor which I have mentioned and try to use it against me. Not working.

You're so keen to remind me this is just an internet forum and opinions don't matter here, so why the bloody hell are you still replying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Imagine thinking Giroud is close to Suarez and Lewa
    Good thing no one said that then.

ReputationRep:
    Good thing no one said that then.
    I don't think you know what "top" means then buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    I don't think you know what "top" means then buddy
    So 'top' is a word which is exclusively used to refer to Suarez and Lewandowski? Don't think you understand what 'top' means then buddy.

ReputationRep:
    So 'top' is a word which is exclusively used to refer to Suarez and Lewandowski? Don't think you understand what 'top' means then buddy.
    Not just those 2, they're examples but there's a couple more. You said yourself:
    Those are world class strikers. Giroud is in the bracket below them, for sure.
    So in what sense is he a top striker, exactly? There's the top group, then he's a level below them, i.e. below the top group, i.e. not the in the top group, i.e. not a top ****in striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    So in what sense is he a top striker, exactly? There's the top group, then he's a level below them, i.e. below the top group, i.e. not the in the top group, i.e. not a top ****in striker
    You're desperately trying to search for an argument where this is none. I already acknowledged beforehand that Giroud is not on the level of a world class striker, as you had previously quoted me, yet you said 'Imagine thinking Giroud is near Suarez or Lewa'.

I don't categorise the elite strikers (Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibra etc) as the only 'top' strikers. I also think Aubameyang has been a top striker this season, doesn't mean I think he's on the same level as Suarez.

So in essence you've just proved that you started an argument for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    You're desperately trying to search for an argument where this is none. I already acknowledged beforehand that Giroud is not on the level of a world class striker, as you had previously quoted me, yet you said 'Imagine thinking Giroud is near Suarez or Lewa'.

I don't categorise the elite strikers (Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibra etc) as the only 'top' strikers. I also think Aubameyang has been a top striker this season, doesn't mean I think he's on the same level as Suarez.

So in essence you've just proved that you started an argument for no reason?
    It wasn't for no reason, it was to tell you that your definition of top is retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    It wasn't for no reason, it was to tell you that your definition of top is retarded
    Cheers, would have probably been easier if you said that at the start instead of confusing your tiny little brain.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, would have probably been easier if you said that at the start instead of confusing your tiny little brain.
    reported for abusive language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    reported for abusive language
    Yeh, I get that a lot. Boohoo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.