Political Ambassador
    2 days, such a long wait, but it felt like last week was yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1 day for grade boundaries release
    2 days for results

Not long to go but last two days are being dragged

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster in the hopes that yall can calm my nerves. Thing is, being asian and having lots of asian friends means that all day every day for the past month this has been the only point of discussion between both friends and family (not saying other ethnicities arent pressured, im sure they are, but in my experience the more severe pressure is from asian households). The past week has been the most rough, with it getting to the point where i walked out of the gym because i couldnt stop thinking about results day. My biggest fear is obviously failure, and the repurcussions with university of GCSEs. I am planning to do economics at an rg uni, but with bad results, that maybe over. But anyway, hows everyone else coping?

ReputationRep:
    CR7_ - I had a dream I got A* in History..well, in the dream...my ex-English teacher was carrying a red exercise book like students are given in schools to write class notes in and it was my History notebook and it had my name and a * by it and an A...

ReputationRep:
    oh, technically...
    tomorrow is the day before results day
    *lowkey freaks out*

I have to start prepping what I'm going to wear + bring
    I already have the whole day planned out: wake up at 7, get ready, head out at 9, meet my friends half an hour earlier to discuss and stay calm, collect them then go back home do a skype chat with my brother and then go to college for enrolment at 3pm
    suddenly it's so close nooo

I'm more nervous about some examiner marking my papers wrong than I am about whether I got my grades bc I know I definetly have what I need for life

in the meantime I'm going to do things that make me happy, and I suggest you try this too: have a healthy breakfast (or not healthy if it makes if that's your thing) talk to friends, play video games, draw some more ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nin-kaii)
    oh, technically...
    tomorrow is the day before results day
    *lowkey freaks out*

I have to start prepping what I'm going to wear + bring
    I already have the whole day planned out: wake up at 7, get ready, head out at 9, meet my friends half an hour earlier to discuss and stay calm, collect them then go back home do a skype chat with my brother and then go to college for enrolment at 3pm
    suddenly it's so close nooo

I'm more nervous about some examiner marking my papers wrong than I am about whether I got my grades bc I know I definetly have what I need for life

in the meantime I'm going to do things that make me happy, and I suggest you try this too: have a healthy breakfast (or not healthy if it makes if that's your thing) talk to friends, play video games, draw some more ect
    Same! I'm much more worried about wether they are marking it right... I want to watch them mark it that's how worried I am. Don't worry you will do great!!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBK14)
    Keep having weird dreams about results don't know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha same, I fail maths every time............................ .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    Same! I'm much more worried about wether they are marking it right... I want to watch them mark it that's how worried I am. Don't worry you will do great!!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel the same way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammarabbas)
    the aqa food paper was so hard, how was your coursework
    Yeah it was extremely hard!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone do ocr 21st century science

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Anyone do ocr 21st century science

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Did you find it hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Did you find it hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely those exams just kept torturing me continuously lool wbu 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayacarswell)
    Same here! Maybe Cambride is aiming a bit high for me though😂
    You mentioned having all A's and A*'s and obviously this is a trend in medicine, but I was forced to take GCSE PE- everyone in my year group had to- and despite my objections wasn't allowed to drop it to save myself from a poor grade. I think I got like a D in practical (oh god) but had got A*'s in my theory tests, but they were only worth 40%, and my teacher told me I could get a B if I got around an A/A* in the exam or an A if I got almost full marks, which most likely would never happen as I barely revised PE- much better things to revise for!
    So yeah this is actually worrying me a little bit now, to think that my A/A* profile will be frowned upon when they see the B from this awful subject I didn't even want to do!
    Mate I am in the same boat as you. PE is so easy I can get an A* in the exam without trying it's just that I did soooo bad in the practical. I'm pretty certain I will have an A overall 😰 But reaaaly hoping for an A* (unlikely since I need pretty much 100%) Are you on EDEXCEL?

ReputationRep:
    2 days.. i want to cry
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    Absolutely those exams just kept torturing me continuously lool wbu 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure, probably get at least an A in them, but they were more difficult than past years, especially physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kadijaahbrown)
    2 days.. i want to cry
    you'll smash it!

ReputationRep:
    sh*t 2 days isn't long i'm bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    I really want some good grades on Thursday, like if I got 1 A, I would probably cry from happiness because I don't have high hopes for Thursday. Let's just hope I can get that A!
    Good luck, I'm betting on multiple A's! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I need the edexcel and aqa boundaries asap i'm so worried :'(

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.