Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolworld37)
    Nope.

There's no point. Euro 2008 is around the corner, so I'll save my energy for that.
    Good for you. Every other Tom, **** and Harry buys into some sort of importance on these mickey mouse money makers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Well, I suppose it's John Terry's turn. First Steven Gerrard, then Rio Ferdinand, now Terry. But there's one more game, in Port of Spain, to which Terry is unlikely to travel. I think that, simply because it's relatively nearby, David Beckham gets his chance at the captaincy then. Fabio Capello has also suggested Frank Lampard as a possible captain. After him, is there anyone else, or is it time to make a decision on the captaincy proper?
    Hargreaves has been overlooked I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Hargreaves has been overlooked I feel.
    By me too, admittedly. The only other name I had was Wayne Rooney, far too young for it and especially considering that there are a few viable alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    We'll see if he gets a mention for Sunday. Is his place guaranteed though? Capello seems to like Gary Barry :s:

Owen Hargreaves>Gareth Barry

tr00fax

ReputationRep:
    Starting Barry ahead of Hargreaves would be insanity, imo. Hargreaves was our best player back in 06 (when he bloody played). Plus, he has German ties, that pratically gives us 1 penalty success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    Starting Barry ahead of Hargreaves would be insanity, imo. Hargreaves was our best player back in 06 (when he bloody played). Plus, he has German ties, that pratically gives us 1 penalty success.
    genious. So you also have heard of their insane record of 80% penalty wins!

ReputationRep:
    IMO it would be best if the captain was both the captain of their club side (less important) and a guaranteed starter (more important). Hargreaves is neither of those. That said, there are very few guaranteed starters for the time being. I do think he has good mental attributes, though, and I can see why his name might be thrown into the hat. We'll have to see whether Capello wants to try anyone else out or just pick one of the trio he's already gone for.

(Original post by Laevis)
    IMO it would be best if the captain was both the captain of their club side (less important) and a guaranteed starter (more important). Hargreaves is neither of those. That said, there are very few guaranteed starters for the time being. I do think he has good mental attributes, though, and I can see why his name might be thrown into the hat. We'll have to see whether Capello wants to try anyone else out or just pick one of the trio he's already gone for.
    He'd be a guranteed start if he was injury free though :teeth:

I had a dream of Owen Hargreaves' curly hair last night :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: What a bizarre dream. I'm just praying it was the hair on his head you dreamed about!

I don't know about whether he'd be a guaranteed starter. If I were picking the team I'd put him in there, but it depends what formation Capello opts for.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just praying it was the hair on his head you dreamed about!
    :toofunny:

:rofl: What a bizarre dream. I'm just praying it was the hair on his head you dreamed about!
    It was...i think :teeth:

But he should start definitely alongside Gerrard!

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to another England friendly, as Beckham is expected to play and Rooney will have a front man. Hopefully Hargreaves will hold too and it wont turn into another disappointing, boring England friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I'm looking forward to another England friendly, as Beckham is expected to play and Rooney will have a front man. Hopefully Hargreaves will hold too and it wont turn into another disappointing, boring England friendly.
    yeah, looking forward to it too. let's see if this 'magician' capello can do anything 'magical' :p:

/endsarcasm

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate, Britiain's Got Talent is on ITV, this is on BBC1 :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol

3-1 to England.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be missing it, due to playing football

Shame, I think England can show something here. I reckon Capello will pick a really good set of players that'll work well with each other. And I fancy them to keep a clean sheet, easy.

ReputationRep:
    Mcbride to belt one in :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: still can't figure out which to watch. It'll have to be Britain's Got Talent in one room and the match in the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    :laugh: still can't figure out which to watch. It'll have to be Britain's Got Talent in one room and the match in the other.
    If only you had sky+....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.