Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
last night out with friends tonight. just had a shower and am sat here in my dressing gown and would rather just go to bed i think. only feeling numb or angry at the minute. keep losing it with my mum and i dont know why. so scared about moving to uni on saturday. still need to finish packing but just have zero motivation.

:hugs: for all
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: everyone

red is good indeed.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
last night out with friends tonight. just had a shower and am sat here in my dressing gown and would rather just go to bed i think. only feeling numb or angry at the minute. keep losing it with my mum and i dont know why. so scared about moving to uni on saturday. still need to finish packing but just have zero motivation.

:hugs: for all
:hugs:

Liz, I'm sure you'll have a good time tonight. Don't worry too much about moving to uni - it's natural to be scared, but there are so many people there who will be in the same position, I'm sure you'll settle in fine. :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Jonathan - I hope you are right! :hugs:

I'm just about to add the IT technician on facebook. Have decided that if he doesn't accept, then I can move on as I won't be in Bedford anymore. It's worth a try anyway. I've added a note...

"Hiya, thought I'd add you on here as I'm off to uni on Saturday and it would be good to keep in touch. Hope you are ok? x"

That sounds ok doesn't it? Ok...here goes...I'm pressing the Add button. I feel sick. So stupid. Should let it to rest but I can't. Stupid me.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Jonathan - I hope you are right! :hugs:

I'm just about to add the IT technician on facebook. Have decided that if he doesn't accept, then I can move on as I won't be in Bedford anymore. It's worth a try anyway. I've added a note...

"Hiya, thought I'd add you on here as I'm off to uni on Saturday and it would be good to keep in touch. Hope you are ok? x"

That sounds ok doesn't it? Ok...here goes...I'm pressing the Add button. I feel sick. So stupid. Should let it to rest but I can't. Stupid me.
That sounds absolutely fine, and you're not stupid. Hope you have a good night.

raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Thank you. I might take you up on the offer in a bit.

I got my hair dyed red. Not quite the shade I'd planned but I still like it.
Red= :heart: I love red hair, I wish my hair was still red, but I'm trying to go back naturally, but I'll probably end up red again in a few months! I like dying my hair, makes me feel good, but I shouldn't rely on it for my happiness!
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It hurts
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It hurts
:console:

It's bound to hurt, hun. I wish there was something more positive I could say. :console:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:console:

It's bound to hurt, hun. I wish there was something more positive I could say. :console:
:hugs: It's ok, I know there's nothing really to say. I feel bad talking about it because I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it better and I don't like making them feel helpless. I guess it does help just having someone to listen to me so thank you for letting me moan in here.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
:hugs: It's ok, I know there's nothing really to say. I feel bad talking about it because I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it better and I don't like making them feel helpless. I guess it does help just having someone to listen to me so thank you for letting me moan in here.
We're always willing to lend an ear in here, sweetie :hugs: It's actually quite amazing how much good a little love and support can do for you when you're depressed
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sad today. very sad. was tired when i got up to take siblings to school so came home and went to sleep, then got up at 12.16pm which has upset me because its meant i've missed my last morning with mum and i have loads of packing to do and less time to do it in. text gavin at 2am when i got home saying 'hey, i miss you. really fancy one of our random chats but it's late and you're probably drunk and i'm going to bed. hope you are ok? x' but he hasn't replied. not surprised...he probably wants to get rid of me like everyone else does. last night out was rubbish. waste of time going. feel really down, lonely and scared about tomorrow. what am i going to do if no one talks to me or likes me?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sad today. very sad. was tired when i got up to take siblings to school so came home and went to sleep, then got up at 12.16pm which has upset me because its meant i've missed my last morning with mum and i have loads of packing to do and less time to do it in. text gavin at 2am when i got home saying 'hey, i miss you. really fancy one of our random chats but it's late and you're probably drunk and i'm going to bed. hope you are ok? x' but he hasn't replied. not surprised...he probably wants to get rid of me like everyone else does. last night out was rubbish. waste of time going. feel really down, lonely and scared about tomorrow. what am i going to do if no one talks to me or likes me?

Liz, I'm sure Gavin will reply, just give him time. From what I can see, there's nothing to suggest he wants to "get rid" of you. :hugs:

Tomorrow will be fine - people will talk to you, and if they don't then it's most likely because they're shy themselves. My advice, buy a pack of biscuits or something to share with people, wedge your door open whilst you're unpacking your stuff, and take the first step with regards to introducing yourself to your new neighbours. I fail to see how they could possibly not like you.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Liz, good luck for tomorrow I'm here if you need me, just text!
I think you need to give him time to reply, and he might facebook you, cos texts from abroad and stuff can be pretty expensive!
I think you'll be fine, you're a lovely person! :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Liz, good luck for tomorrow I'm here if you need me, just text!
I think you need to give him time to reply, and he might facebook you, cos texts from abroad and stuff can be pretty expensive!
I think you'll be fine, you're a lovely person! :hugs:
Hi rb, how are you today? :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sort of okay, I guess. Floating around in random places up and down and generally just 'okay' and nothing else!

What about you?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pretty much the same to be honest.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going away for the weekend in a mo, with the parents and i'm not sure it's going to be good... eep! I mean I'm going but I'm scared of the conversation topics, especially because the uni med ctr stamped their name over the envelope and I wasn't home to get it. I need to do all that on monday, get my referral through, too! Meep!
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just got back from the doctors - it was a different doc today which was a shame because I really like my GP, but this guy was quite good. He did loads of poking and prodding, looked at the results of all my blood tests and proclaimed that there is nothing physically wrong with me at all. So all this illness I've had for the last month is just a result of my mental state. Joy.

He also diagnosed me with agoraphobia, which was interesting - that had never crossed my mind before. I'm going for my first session with this new psychiatric person next Friday, and he told me to ask her if I can switch to citalopram (sp?) because the fluoxetine is doing more harm than good with all the side effects. Oh, and mum has decided she's fed up of lying to everyone else in the family, so now she's telling my grandparents (who will tell my aunties and uncles and cousins) and my little sister, all about it. I really don't want my sister to know, mostly because of my own pride - I don't want my little sister to be worried about me! But oh well. I suppose it'll make things easier if I don't have to sneak to appointments.

So that's what's going on with me. How is everyone else?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate me. I'm fed up of being like this and hate myself for it.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you guys get over social anxiety? I'm meant to be going to sports practise in a couple of hours (yeah bad practise time I know) but I literally can't. I've already thrown up, I feel like such a failure I can't do it but I'm so scared of them, ******* up and just going I don't even know what I'm scared of it's totally irrational. I'm such a loser I can't do it. I can't even call them up I hate talking on the phone. Does anyone know what to do? :cry: I'm not ready for uni what am I doing? I can't even go to hockey practise how am I meant to be around people all day everyday at uni? I'm such a moron.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.51%
No - but I will (74)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (462)
47.88%

Watched Threads