Report Thread starter 9 years ago
:hugs: mister
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really sorry to hear that Crimson

And Oli it took me a lot longer than I'm proud of to figure out it was you!
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Revision of the above: we're still on a break. She chatted with this friend because she was upset, as I had given in in a moment of weakness and written a very emotive email this morning, which she had just read. It was meant to comfort her, but it made her cry instead, and in order to concentrate on her work she made herself deliberately angry.
Stray_talk
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Crimson Black)
Revision of the above: we're still on a break. She chatted with this friend because she was upset, as I had given in in a moment of weakness and written a very emotive email this morning, which she had just read. It was meant to comfort her, but it made her cry instead, and in order to concentrate on her work she made herself deliberately angry.
If you don't mind me saying it al sounds quite complex and messy - are you really sure you want that?
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stray_talk)
If you don't mind me saying it al sounds quite complex and messy - are you really sure you want that?
Situation is quite messy, yes. We're going for a clean break until the end of the summer, although with the caveat of no relationships with anyone else. We can both see each other being together in the long-term (married and with children no less), but not in the short term, and I'd agree with that.

We've had some problems and they're contextual and time-healing problems (she's cheated on me, I've not been the best of boyfriends). With contextual I mean the flat we both live in is rubbish, it's too small and we get on each other's toes, and she doesn't get enough emotional and physical space. I know it's the flat because prior to moving in together we were absolutely fine and dandy, like made for each other. We're just one of those couples that has problems living together, and I understand why "proper" couples consider it a big step moving in together as opposed to thinking very lightly about it. Nothing like learning from mistakes.

Next year she's going to Berlin and I'm going to hopefully be doing a PGCE in England, which is perfect. First time any couple has actually wanted an LDR!

Basically, I need to sort myself out over the summer. Her big problem with me is that I spend too much time on my bum playing games. This has been a problem for me for ages, I just use my computer whenever I'm bored or want to do anything. I know that there's more to life than that so I'm going to use this time apart to figure out how to break this rut. Rather than just moping around feeling miserable I'm going to, as Andy Dufresne famously said in the Shawshank Redemption, "get busy living" and not get busy dying. I'll undoubtably be sad at some points, in which case please refer me to this post.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Before I tell you this story - yes, I'm well aware I've just lost a bucket full of man points...

I've just got home from work after having cycled really quite hard in this weather. Consequently, sweating my [not very large at all] tits off. Inevitably then, I had a shower upon my return.
While I was towelling off and picking out suitable clothes [shorts and tshirt - how do I come up with these things, it's genius!] I noticed the two sachets that came with my asos delivery. Clearly, any sachet of liquid called "Nivea Happy Time Body Lotion: Mild Orange Scent" is not really designed to be smothered all over the body of a 23 yr old bloke. But I thought, sod it, why not?

So I used it.

And it's bloody lovely. The smell is ace and it does leave my body feeling all lovely and smooth.

On the downside - I am now officially a woman.

And on a completely different note, I agree with everything that's been said about Toyota_karl. Grade A pillock. And to think there's a chance I might work with him in the RAF. Lucky me.
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Before I tell you this story - yes, I'm well aware I've just lost a bucket full of man points...

I've just got home from work after having cycled really quite hard in this weather. Consequently, sweating my [not very lareg at all] tits off. Inevitably then, I had a shower upon my return.
While I was towelling off and picking out suitable clothes [shorts and tshirt - how do I come up with these things, it's genius!] I noticed the two sachets that came with my asos delivery. Clearly, any sachet of liquid called "Nivea Happy Time Body Lotion: Mild Orange Scent" is not really designed to be smothered all over the body of a 23 yr old blooke. But I though, sod it, why not?

So I used it.

And it's bloody lovely. The smell is ace and it does leave my body feeling all lovely and smooth.

On the downside - I am now officially a woman.

And on a completely different note, I agree with everything that's been said about Toyota_karl. Grade A pillock. And to think there's a chance I might work with him in the RAF. Lucky me.
Haha, aww, nothing wrong with using body creams etc.! Means you take good care of yourself ^^ one of my best friends, he has more body creams, exfoliations, moisturisers than me! I think it's great :yes:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
Haha, aww, nothing wrong with using body creams etc.! Means you take good care of yourself ^^ one of my best friends, he has more body creams, exfoliations, moisturisers than me! I think it's great :yes:
Woah woah woah! I don't have *that* many! I do use moisturiser on my face [shaving leaves it horrible and dry ] but that's it!

This is a complete one-off! [Well, possibly 2, I got 2 sachets of the thing...]
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Woah woah woah! I don't have *that* many! I do use moisturiser on my face [shaving leaves it horrible and dry ] but that's it!

Woah, you're quite defensive ^^ who cares for man points haha
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Woah, you're quite defensive ^^ who cares for man points haha

Haha, evidently not me! :p:

Does smell ace though:cool:
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

You should try my L'Oreal body scrub. It's divine.
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Nothing like a good smelling man :p:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
You should try my L'Oreal body scrub. It's divine.
Noted :ninja:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nothing like a good smelling man :p:

One tries!:p:
Stray_talk
Report 9 years ago
You two are so very metrosexual :tongue:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You two are so very metrosexual :tongue:

Meh, if it means I smell loverly, then I'm all for it... I need all the help I can get!:p:
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Metrosexual = win!
Stray_talk
Report 9 years ago

Two off my ass. I bet you'll go out and buy a nice big pot :tongue:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Two off my ass. I bet you'll go out and buy a nice big pot :tongue:

:ninja:

Maaaaybe... But I haven't yet. So this is - at current - very much a 2-off :p:

But if it costs more than a fiver, they can sod off :hmmm:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Metrosexual = win!

To a point!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed