The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anamaria90
You should go on www.250films.net so you can see how many you have watched. My score is pathetic, hence my post.

I've gone through the list ages ago but I'll never watch them all as some just don't appeal to me. :nah:
Going to watch Constantine. Don't know why I like the movie so much, interesting idea?
3 threads on Paranormal Activity on the first page. Phalanges would go mental if he was here. :eek4:
he's rocking back and forth, crying
It is clearly annoying.
Merged into one. Mods were on that faster than S-Man confronted by a sexy lady :awesome:

/random
(edited 13 years ago)
What TV shows/ cult programmes do people here watch (if any)? :awesome:

My list :ninja:

Dexter, Life On Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Sherlock Holmes, Hustle, Heroes, Misfits, Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Skins, Pushing Daisies, Lie to Me, House, Chuck, Deadwood, A Town Called Eureka, Prison Break, Lost and Doctor Who.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Dexter, Life On Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Sherlock Holmes, Hustle, Heroes, Misfits, Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Skins, Pushing Daisies, Lie to Me, House, Chuck, Deadwood, A Town Called Eureka, Prison Break, Lost and Torchwood.

Mine :awesome:

Arrested Development, Curb your Enthusiasm, Twin Peaks, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Sherlock Holmes, Lost, QI, Seinfeld, Mad Men, The Wire, 24, Spooks, Thorne, Wallander, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who (surprised you missed it out. :p:), The Apprentice... and more. Definitely more.

Such a geek. :teehee:

Dexter, Life On Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Sherlock Holmes, Hustle, Heroes, Misfits, Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Skins, Pushing Daisies, Lie to Me, House, Chuck, Deadwood, A Town Called Eureka, Prison Break, Lost and Torchwood.

At the moment I'm in the middle of: Boardwalk Empire, Royal Pains, The Apprentice UK and US and Mad Men.

Plus I've got plenty waiting in a queue...

Damages, In Treatment, Oz, Six Feet Under, West Wing, White Collar, Brothers & Sisters, Band of Brothers.....

:awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by unknownking321
At the moment: Boardwalk Empire, Royal Pains, The Apprentice UK and US, Jersey Shore, Mad Men

Plus I've got plenty waiting in a queue...

Damages, In Treatment, Oz, Six Feet Under, West Wing, White Collar, Brothers & Sisters, Band of Brothers.....

:awesome:

I've heard of Boardwalk Empire. Is it any good? And I'm assuming you've downloaded episodes because it hasn't been shown in the UK yet? Or maybe they have. Maybe you don't live in the UK. :beard:
Original post by Madjackismad
Mine :awesome:

Arrested Development, Curb your Enthusiasm, Twin Peaks, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Sherlock Holmes, Lost, QI, Seinfeld, Mad Men, The Wire, 24, Spooks, Thorne, Wallander, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who (surprised you missed it out. :p:), The Apprentice... and more. Definitely more.

Such a geek. :teehee:

So many programmes I should be investing time in. Need to start watching these after semester finishes in December. :holmes:

Oops, how did I miss out DW ffs :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Wait, you don't watch Dexter? :eek4: It's a really good show!

Or maybe that comes under your "more" category. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Madjackismad
I've heard of Boardwalk Empire. Is it any good? And I'm assuming you've downloaded episodes because it hasn't been shown in the UK yet? Or maybe they have. Maybe you don't live in the UK. :beard:

Yeah, like most other HBO series and with a great cast and production. Correct. :yes: I believe Sky are going to show it in 2011 but I couldn't wait.
I cba with all these big ass big production American shows. Arrested Development is one of the best shows of all time. Also watch Futurama, American Dad and How I Met Your Mother.
So many programmes I should be investing time in. Need to start watching these after semester finishes in December. :holmes:

Oops, how did I miss out DW ffs :colonhash:

You should get the complete Battlestar Galactica collection. Has every single episode from all seasons. I recommend Arrested Development, one of the finest comedy shows I've ever seen. To think it had to be axed due to poor ratings is ridiculous. Just shows the state of TV today. Thank god for HBO and AMC. :p:

I have watched Dexter before, just not a whole series. Will probably invest in getting the DVDs at some point. You should watch Mad Men. It's excellent. :awesome:

Plus it has this very cool intro:

(Is it just me who is not seeing their own youtube video links loading?)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2875

Dexter, Life On Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Sherlock Holmes, Hustle, Heroes, Misfits, Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Skins, Pushing Daisies, Lie to Me, House, Chuck, Deadwood, A Town Called Eureka, Prison Break, Lost and Doctor Who.

Lost, Smallville, How I met your mother and that's pretty much it. Have watched quite a bit of of Supernatural as well but don't watch it much anymore. Same with Spooks.
Original post by Lust of a Gardener
I honestly didn't like Synecdoche.

Watching it with my parents made me cringe...

I thought it was bloated and overly-long.

Ha, I can imagine. Certainly it's bloated, confused and a mess, but I guess those are the qualities which make it such a bold piece of art. After all, such is life.
Better off Ted, Dirty Sexy Money, Extras, Family Guy, House, Jersey Shore, Lost, Peep Show, Robin Hood, Spooks, The Office (US), HIGNFY and probably some others I've forgotten.
Reply 2878
My favourite TV shows are...

Arrested Development, Community, The Office (US), 30 Rock, The Pacific, Band of Brothers, Running Wilde, Friday Night Lights (BEST SHOW EVER), Freaks and Geeks, Luther and Spooks.

There are a few others that I watch/have watched but aren't as good. One I'm keeping an eye on is Walking Dead. It looks very interesting.
Reply 2879
Ooooh favourite TV shows:

The West Wing
The Wire
Oz
QI
Sex & The City
Weeds
The Golden Girls (my absolute guilty pleasure) :h:

Latest