Spoiler:
Show
message interrupted
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm still wondering how the mid-season finale will tie in, if it IS next episode then it should be interesting, this storyline may be wrapped up before the end of the episode
Lukester911
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
huh?

Explain please.
It means that ganger doctor will have the normal boots, while real doctor will have his replacement boots on.

(Original post by humy369)
Has what happened when the Doctor put his hand in the flesh been addressed? 'Cos that was very weird :confused:
It scanned him, and when the lightning struck it began to create a ganger version of him.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
He was created when the lightning struck.
(Original post by Lukester911)
It means that ganger doctor will have the normal boots, while real doctor will have his replacement boots on.

It scanned him, and when the lightning struck it began to create a ganger version of him.
Ah alright.

Thanks
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
I'm still wondering how the mid-season finale will tie in, if it IS next episode then it should be interesting, this storyline may be wrapped up before the end of the episode
mid-season finale is the week after next.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone else feel Amy is definitely a clone?

He gave her several long looks. In the bathroom, he said this Flesh technology was in its early stages. He knew more. He was asked what else he know, implying that he knew about the technology in its later stages.

The current gangers are unstable therefore switch between full form and early form. Presumably any later technology would be more stable resulting in a proper Amy Pond.
Why would Amy be a clone? Although I also think it probably has something to do with the baby because he did the scan thing again at the beginning.

Also posting to sub because I have actually managed to get addicted! :p:
lukejoshjedi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
mid-season finale is the week after next.
ah right cool, another week of Who can't wait for info about it
TulipFields
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would be interesting to see if he has two hearts like the Doctor, or one heart. :holmes:
Well, he would be an exact replica of the original Dr, so I would imagine its two hearts.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No one cares about fourth dimension :emo:
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Theory, apologies if posted already:

Spoiler:
Show
The Doctor that dies in TIA is Ganger!Doctor. The Doctor arrives in a car, not the TARDIS, so maybe the Ganger one travels around on Earth or something.

(Could the Ganger version regenerate? )

Apparently Rory is the only one that definitely isn't cloned. More support for the theory that Amy is...?
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You know, he really is getting obsessive with the pregnancy scanner....
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's a popular theory. This episode made it more popular. The Doctor is familiar with the technology, he keeps giving Amy long looks, the pregnancy scanner keeps flitting between positive and negative - just like a clone flits between half-form and full-form. The Doctor implied he was familiar with 'later' Flesh technology. He also implied he arrived there on purpose. He also wanted to get rid of Amy and Rory so he could investigate alone.

I think a theory would be that Amy is the product of Flesh technology from a later stage - where it is more stable. Obviously not in the case of pregnancy.
So I guess that means that the "real" Amy is out there somewhere, but the Doctor's assistant is the clone?

I only started watching properly from the start of this season, and so I'm not very down on all the theories. Sure this'll change soon enough, though. :p:
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)

Spoiler:
Show
The Doctor that dies in TIA is Ganger!Doctor.

He could be - didn't they say that future Doctor is two hundred years older? And I'm pretty sure that the Doctor mentioned that it was a 'twenty-second century factory'. Although that would only make a hundred years (assuming we're in the present day, etc), unless someone's maths is a bit dodgy. :p:

The ganger!Doctor could probably regenerate - after all, the ganger they killed had a beating heart, and stuff.

P.S. As an Italian student, your username irks me - unless it was an intentional grammatical mistake. :p: [/off-topic]
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's possible the Silents took her and perfected any later technology. :dontknow:

I'm going to get to work on a theory section for people on the blog tomorrow.
Well the Silents are returning later on (can't remember if it's this half or in the autumn). So maybe Moffat's tied all the storylines together with elements from each episode in a huge messy knot

(Original post by jeh_jeh)
He could be - didn't they say that future Doctor is two hundred years older? And I'm pretty sure that the Doctor mentioned that it was a 'twenty-second century factory'. Although that would only make a hundred years (assuming we're in the present day, etc), unless someone's maths is a bit dodgy. :p:

The ganger!Doctor could probably regenerate - after all, the ganger they killed had a beating heart, and stuff.

P.S. As an Italian student, your username irks me - unless it was an intentional grammatical mistake. :p: [/off-topic]
Yeah but Ganger!Doctor would still be the same age as the Doctor... unless they left him on Earth for a couple of hundred years, assuming he doesn't age, and then returned!?

Oh no, is it not correct!? :zomg: What should it be? I got it from a book :emo:
lukejoshjedi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
The Doctor that dies in TIA is Ganger!Doctor. The Doctor arrives in a car, not the TARDIS, so maybe the Ganger one travels around on Earth or something.

Apparently Rory is the only one that definitely isn't cloned. More support for the theory that Amy is...?
interesting theory, we'd need to know to what extent the gangers are like original people, what effective difference makes them 'Not human'

Either way,
Spoiler:
Show
A timelord ganger is pretty awesome
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Moffat would be very evil and would make this a red herring since a lot of people might jump to this.

And to support this, why bother inserting a line with Amy saying this exact thing. "It might be a clone or something" then Canton goes "I can save you time. It's really him." :beard:
Canton wouldn't know any different :dontknow:

Doctor might need Amy not to know.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's possible the Silents took her and perfected any later technology. :dontknow:

I'm going to get to work on a theory section for people on the blog tomorrow.
Bbbut, the unsure pregnancy scanner was from before the Silents, wasn't it?

And, yay - more revision procrastination.
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ganger!Doctor and Ten II should somehow team up and reunite with real Eleven and it would be a huge fusion of awesomeness.

If Ganger!Doctor says geronimo I will die :'D
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well the Silents are returning later on (can't remember if it's this half or in the autumn). So maybe Moffat's tied all the storylines together with elements from each episode in a huge messy knot

Yeah but Ganger!Doctor would still be the same age as the Doctor... unless they left him on Earth for a couple of hundred years, assuming he doesn't age, and then returned!?

Oh no, is it not correct!? :zomg: What should it be? I got it from a book :emo:
I sort of don't want all this Silents stuff to be true - it means that if there's any cute lovey dovey scenes between her and Rory before then, the poor guy'll feel crushed when he realises it was just a clone of his girlfriend. Although I suppose they share the same feelings, but still. Although, actually, if the Silents had done something terrible to "real" Amy, this wouldn't necessarily reflect on clone Amy, right? So in theory, you could have two diverging personalities (a bit like the nature vs nurture debate, I suppose...) Poor Rory.

Truedat. Oh, I don't know, it's frying my poor brain. :p:

Grammar spoiler:

Spoiler:
Show
Erm, okay, if you got it from a book, then there's probably a reason it's like that :p:, but the adjective ('bella') and the noun ('occhi') usually have to match. 'Bella' is singular feminine and 'occhi' is plural masculine. I'd say 'begli occhi' because 'occhi' begins with a vowel. It would be 'bei' if it began with a consonant.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It came after.

The Silents used post-hypnotic suggestion on Amy. Amy said she was pregnant. She later retracted that statement. Doctor used scanner.
Ah, thanks - my bad! All the pregnancy stuff is blurring into one. :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise