Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie080197)
    I studied relations and used the sonnet 116 and compared it with sonnet 43, please tell me that somebody else did that, or my anxiety may turn into a full on panic attack!
    Yep, I did that too. I always knew comparing one sonnet with the other would be a logical choice, and managed to say quite a bit about how the 'ideas of love' contrasted. It was a pretty nice question, I hope I did as well as I feel!

ReputationRep:
    Who here is taking this subject to A-level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    I am

ReputationRep:
    :rofl::rofl2::rofl3::lol::eek2::eek3::eek::eek3::eek::eek3::flute::getmecoat::giggle::hmmm::hmmmm2::musicus::nopity::no::nah::naughty::noway:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    :rofl::rofl2::rofl3::lol::eek2::eek3::eek::eek3::eek::eek3::flute::getmecoat::giggle::hmmm::hmmmm2::musicus::nopity::no::nah::naughty::noway:
    I WILL make it through alive! :viking:
    (Original post by Loolar)
    I am
    :five: Feeling confident?

ReputationRep:
    I do place and compared "Crossing the Loch" with "Spellbound".

ReputationRep:
    I am :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie Rose)
    I am too

ReputationRep:
    Link to the language thread for AQA : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post42775942

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    i forgot the question ,,, what was it?
    Something about power

ReputationRep:
    In Section A, Character and Voice, did anyone compare Les Grands Seignors' with 'The River God'? :beard: Wish we could get our results now...AAAAH! I've not got a good feeling about this at all! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
    An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else?
    I did those too!!
    Which one of the 2 questions did you do for the conflict question (the yellow palm or hawk roosting?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie Rose)
    (Original post by sunshinebeem)
    I am too
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    Alternatively if the handkerchief was white (although not explicitly mentioned) it could symbolise the surrender of the mother, giving up for support and guidance towards the daughter, and letting her "wobble away" and become more independent
    smartass

ReputationRep:
    Hoping too, but I have a horrible feeling I've messed up the prose exam too much to hit the grade requirements :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allconfused)
    Hoping too, but I have a horrible feeling I've messed up the prose exam too much to hit the grade requirements :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right how come? What grade do you need? I think I messed up on the poetry by not directly answering the Unseen poetry question I used to aim for an A*, but now aiming for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right how come? What grade do you need? I think I messed up on the poetry by not directly answering the Unseen poetry question I used to aim for an A*, but now aiming for an A.
    I need an overall B for a level. I got a high B in the coursework, yesterday's exam wasn't too bad but I was really ill during it so that will have affected it, and I just really didn't like the questions on prose.

I did AIC and OMAM. For AIC I got the one question I really didn't want- bloody eric! I liked the Slim question in OMAM but I had so much to say in section b I think I got quitr waffly.

I've done pretty well in language though, I'll just have to do that if worse comes to worst

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need an overall B for a level. I got a high B in the coursework, yesterday's exam wasn't too bad but I was really ill during it so that will have affected it, and I just really didn't like the questions on prose.

I did AIC and OMAM. For AIC I got the one question I really didn't want- bloody eric! I liked the Slim question in OMAM but I had so much to say in section b I think I got quitr waffly.

I've done pretty well in language though, I'll just have to do that if worse comes to worst

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right I did sunlight on the grass and found it ok, and I loved the Slim question, and I might've been a bit too basic for part b. Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should do language instead, but Lit is my first and foremost. Best of luck, I hope you do well :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Ah right I did sunlight on the grass and found it ok, and I loved the Slim question, and I might've been a bit too basic for part b. Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should do language instead, but Lit is my first and foremost. Best of luck, I hope you do well :crossedf:
    I know what you mean- lit is so much more interesting! But same to you, all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean- lit is so much more interesting! But same to you, all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, Haha yeah it is! :five:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2014

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.