Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Robin Van Persie just showed his belly button to television viewers after scoring a goal in the community shield.
    ...I mean...who really cares about results anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviate)
    Ah, I see. I'm in the same position. Where are you thinking of applying to depending on grades?
    I am really really really hoping i get into bristol university its like my dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silcce)
    I know this is kinda random, but does anyone play Simpsons tapped out? I've been passing the time by playing games like that and candy crush saga and what not, on my iPod xD
    I stopped playing Tapped Out after I got too frustrated!! I'm so impatient, I can't be bothered to wait X minutes for something to grow, and I'm too cheap to pay for it
    I got frustrated with Candy Crush Saga too. You shall not take my money!!!
    I'm currently quite addicted to Super Monsters Ate My Condo. Better than it sounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowerii)
    I was thinking I might finally get around to watching Star Wars. Freaking out about results . . . meh. It's as good a time as any.
    :starwars:
    I wish I had all six so I could do that. It was Harry Potter or House... who could deny Harry? Yeah I guess if we are ever meant to be freaking over results, these are the big ones :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to get through it by reading E.H Carr's What is History? (which is actually rather good), but so far my efforts to convince myself that just because I'm studying History at university means I really enjoy reading history books the whole time is proving difficult. Needless to say, TSR is not helping :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how desperate and lenient Exeter university will be in accepting students that have firmed them and instead of achieving the offer of AAB for example end up with A*BB. Considering that one of its two campuses is already in clearing and according to The Telegraph, Exeter had the second largest amount of spaces to fill in 2012.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JENG)
    Does anyone know how desperate and lenient Exeter university will be in accepting students that have firmed them and instead of achieving the offer of AAB for example end up with A*BB. Considering that one of its two campuses is already in clearing and according to The Telegraph, Exeter had the second largest amount of spaces to fill in 2012.
    Similar to what everyone else has said, it depends on a range of factors, many of which won't be clear until Thursday.

Your best bet is just to wait it out, no one on here can give you an answer along the lines: "You'll be fine!" or inversely "Not a chance".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick1994)
    they dont just "reject" students because they want to..they do it because students didnt get the grades/points a University is requiring.
    I think the poster meant that Universities put a lot of effort into advertising, and then don't even give you a conditional offer - but please correct me if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowerii)
    I stopped playing Tapped Out after I got too frustrated!! I'm so impatient, I can't be bothered to wait X minutes for something to grow, and I'm too cheap to pay for it
    I got frustrated with Candy Crush Saga too. You shall not take my money!!!
    I'm currently quite addicted to Super Monsters Ate My Condo. Better than it sounds.
    Aaaaand, download xD. I'm addicted to playing tcusa but I decided to give it a break since it made me competitive... With myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silcce)
    Aaaaand, download xD. I'm addicted to playing tcusa but I decided to give it a break since it made me competitive... With myself
    Have you tried Minion Rush? That's quite addictive, or Flow line. I could spend hours on either :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Don't worry, I have awful handwriting and examiners manage - most of them have teaching experience, so are used to reading all sorts of writing.
    Yeah but my teachers sometimes refused to mark my work unless it is done on the computer. This included the mocks for psychology so I am a bit worried now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaminn)
    I hoping to do Law at Warwick and they need AAA, but I have a feeling it'll be more like A*AB for me, so I hope they let me in with that! Ahh, I hope the admissions people are nice
    It all depends how the other applicants for that course have done too! My friend applied to Warwick for law and was asked for AAA and she got AABB I think or lower and was told she was in a maybe list as the did have spaces on the course left. They told her she had a place a few days later so I wouldn't worry too much !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JENG)
    Check my post a couple a pages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JENG)
    that's the one------I guess I want the day to come so bad that subliminally I have registered it in my head as MONDAY

Haha I guess the wait is making us all go a tad loopy but that's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick1994)
    they dont just "reject" students because they want to..they do it because students didnt get the grades/points a University is requiring.
    Yes yes i know, but i'm just saying, if you look at the whole picture that's how you would feel :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFleming)
    Hell yeah to that one! Drink to celebrate or drink to drown your sorrows!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is the plan!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Countdown!:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...sults+Day+2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    oo we did exactly the same questions! I came outta the exam and most people had done questions 1+3 so I got a bit worried thinking I picked the hard questions aha (unintentionally)

I cant remember how much I wrote :/ its about quality anyways, not quantity

what grade//ums do you guys need in this exam to get the overall grade u want/need for uni?
    i need a c

ReputationRep:
    So I watch an episode of My Wife and Kids to take my mind off results day, and the episode is about Junior failing his exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    On a side note, I wonder how you're doing with the Akatsuki? ( How ever you spell it)
    looool ahaha, i asked Pein for a temporarily leave , as these upcoming results made me even more depressed ;D

i'm joking , i put a Genjutsu on the examiners, so i got nothing to worry about :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.