Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Why not? Who exactly is going to replace him? He's clearly an integral part of the team.
    Where is going to play is the question we should be asking, there's no doubt about his importance to the team. We expect Wenger to buy a proper DM so his regular role of Deep lying Playmaker is gone. He can't play in CAM, Rosicky and Santi are far superior in that position. Central midfield ? Jack and Ramsey are the young blood we need running around in the middle of the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Is it in the qualifiers or the group stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm guessing qualifiers, but I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Who exactly is going to replace him? He's clearly an integral part of the team.
    With players like Arteta playing week in week out, we will never even come close to the title and will end up slugging it out for 4th again. He's a decent player for sure, but he's very limited against the best players.

Cant count the number of times he's gone missing against top4 opponents or in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    Who else is going to be captain if not arteta? It would have to be mertesacker

I think arteta should stay in the side anyway

Also what do you guys think of lamela

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Apologies if this has already been posted:

Believe it when you see it mate we get this every year, don't be fooled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Believe it when you see it mate we get this every year, don't be fooled
    Why are you being so pessimistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why we don't just get rid of this Jovetic nonsense and make a bid for Soldado. He would actually be a quality signing and we could get him for around £20m. I can see him forming a deadly partnership with Santi tbh.

This is his record:

Getafe
    2009-10 - 20 goals

Valencia
    2010-11 - 25 goals
    2011-12 - 27 goals
    2012-13 - 27 goals

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why we don't just get rid of this Jovetic nonsense and make a bid for Soldado. He would actually be a quality signing and we could get him for around £20m. I can see him forming a deadly partnership with Santi tbh.

This is his record:

Getafe
    2009-10 - 20 goals

Valencia
    2010-11 - 25 goals
    2011-12 - 27 goals
    2012-13 - 27 goals
    Soldado is a goal scorer nothing else, hes a dumbed down version of gomez and cant barley get into the spain squad ahead of players like torres, llorente and negredo.

Personally would never pay over 15mill for a player of his standard

think we need a proven striker at the highest level

Who else is going to be captain if not arteta? It would have to be mertesacker

I think arteta should stay in the side anyway

Also what do you guys think of lamela

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lamela's a fantastic talent. :yep: Not really what we need, though - we wouldn't really be able to integrate him into the team without phasing out Walcott or Podolski, which I would struggle to see happening immediately this season.

ReputationRep:
    btw winner of europa league gets a CL spot after 2015 does that mean we'll miss out if we get 4th and tottenham win it?

I think its a great idea but bad for us

(Original post by yaboy)
    btw winner of europa league gets a CL spot after 2015 does that mean we'll miss out if we get 4th and tottenham win it?

I think its a great idea but bad for us
    The proposed changes include the provision of no longer having a Champions League winner who finishes outside of CL places usurp the place of whoever has the last CL place in that nation (so if last season was replicated, both Tottenham and Chelsea would get CL places rather than the latter getting it at the expense of the former); I'm pretty sure the same provision would be in place with regard to the Europa League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    The proposed changes include the provision of no longer having a Champions League winner who finishes outside of CL places usurp the place of whoever has the last CL place in that nation (so if last season was replicated, both Tottenham and Chelsea would get CL places rather than the latter getting it at the expense of the former); I'm pretty sure the same provision would be in place with regard to the Europa League.
    How can you have 5 clubs from the same league in the CL with the rules about the group stages and last 16?

(Original post by yaboy)
    How can you have 5 clubs from the same league in the CL with the rules about the group stages and last 16?
    The specific details of the plan haven't been released yet, so I don't know. :dontknow: An official announcement is expected to be released tomorrow; this is what we know so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Soldado is a goal scorer nothing else, hes a dumbed down version of gomez and cant barley get into the spain squad ahead of players like torres, llorente and negredo.

Personally would never pay over 15mill for a player of his standard

think we need a proven striker at the highest level
    Could have a point there but isn't that what we need? But I think with signing Soldado we'll more reliant on one individual compared to the collective. While Jovetic would get a decent amount of goals but he can also create for others. Anyway I think this Jovetic saga is going to go on the whole summer with Juve eventually taking him

ReputationRep:
    Could have a point there but isn't that what we need? But I think with signing Soldado we'll more reliant on one individual compared to the collective. While Jovetic would get a decent amount of goals but he can also create for others. Anyway I think this Jovetic saga is going to go on the whole summer with Juve eventually taking him
    He won't go to Juve, Fiorentina are playing hard to get with the transfer fee is all. Higuain, as much as I want him at Arsenal it will very hard to get him. He wont be going anywhere until a new Madrid manager is appointed and assess his worth to his plans. Looking at his scoring record for Madrid it would be crazy to let him go.

ReputationRep:
    Lamela's a fantastic talent. :yep: Not really what we need, though - we wouldn't really be able to integrate him into the team without phasing out Walcott or Podolski, which I would struggle to see happening immediately this season.
    IMO he would fit in better than podolski

ReputationRep:
    So I guess the idea of isco coming to arsenal has been squashed, what a shame.

If villa is coming to england where is he gonna if its not arsenal or spurs?

IMO he would fit in better than podolski
    Well, that would depend on how we went about it with the rest of the midfield/attack and who we put on the other flank. If we got someone like Lamela and went with:

Giroud
    Lamela Wilshere Cazorla
    Ramsey Arteta

Then that would be a pretty great team - especially if we managed to get a goal-getter like Higuain to play up top. However, a change like that would involve replacing both of our current wingers (I'm not convinced Walcott would do particularly well with someone like Lamela on the other flank; whenever it's been Cazorla on the wing this season, it's looked a bit like a lopsided 4-4-2/4-2-2-2, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with that, I think we could work more efficient systems with what we have), both of whom are in only the first years of lucrative contracts. I just don't see that happening, so I don't really think about wide players we might get at the moment. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that would depend on how we went about it with the rest of the midfield/attack and who we put on the other flank. If we got someone like Lamela and went with:

Giroud
    Lamela Wilshere Cazorla
    Ramsey Arteta

Then that would be a pretty great team - especially if we managed to get a goal-getter like Higuain to play up top. However, a change like that would involve replacing both of our current wingers (I'm not convinced Walcott would do particularly well with someone like Lamela on the other flank; whenever it's been Cazorla on the wing this season, it's looked a bit like a lopsided 4-4-2/4-2-2-2, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with that, I think we could work more efficient systems with what we have), both of whom are in only the first years of lucrative contracts. I just don't see that happening, so I don't really think about wide players we might get at the moment. :p:
    tbh that is a pretty great team but yeah i dont see it happening either but if we sell gervinho like has been rumoured then i would want to get him

Giroud
    Lamela Wilshere Cazorla
    Ramsey Arteta

lamela plays on the right cutting in, or in the centre

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.