Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Fp1 question here, does |\dfrac{z}{w}|=\dfrac{|z|}{|w|}
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    With 90%+ at AS-level you should be given an A* prediction at A-level, so you should easily be given A*A*A. Along with a strong TSA score then perhaps, yes.

I came across this http://www.stdominics.org.uk/media/u...s%20-%20NI.pdf -look under "GCSE Profiles at Oxford (2010 entry)"

However, those stats seem suspiciously low which makes me think that it's almost certainly the average stats of all applicants rather than *successful* ones. If you take a look at the Oxford stalking pages they certainly suggests the number to be much higher.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...age_2013_entry
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...age_2012_Entry
    Hmmm thats very useful, thank you! If I may ask, have you already applied to university? Or are you in Year 12 too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAyman12)
    Yes
    cheers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Polypocus)
    Hmmm thats very useful, thank you! If I may ask, have you already applied to university? Or are you in Year 12 too?
    I'm in year 13 and applied this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)

OMFG huge co-incidence defo gotta revise together!
    :awesome: I do...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Psychology! LOOOL getting hyped up now

:excited:
    Wow LOL yes quite hyped up! Ahhh, I can definitely help out in Chemistry as I seem to have a pretty decent understanding!
    Psychology..yet to start..a bit complacent cuz I only need a low C to get an overall A ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    I'm in year 13 and applied this year
    Ah sweeet, whereabouts and what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I might just get some sleep, then check the forums tomorrow.
    You and I both know that's a lie.

ReputationRep:
    Wow LOL yes quite hyped up! Ahhh, I can definitely help out in Chemistry as I seem to have a pretty decent understanding!
    Psychology..yet to start..a bit complacent cuz I only need a low C to get an overall A ;D
    Ahh yes please I need 129/150 ums to get A overall! Yeah Psychology i'm cool with, its kind of just a self revision thing, anyways were going of topic I shall message you

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes please I need 129/150 ums to get A overall! Yeah Psychology i'm cool with, its kind of just a self revision thing, anyways were going of topic I shall message you
    Sweeeet
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah that why i'm gonna try getting some practice beforehand in C3 and C4, thats why I didn't really bother with the recent C2 edexcel papers and did these really strange practice papers, doing more difficult questions is an incredibly effective way of dealing with standard questions!
    Lots of hard work will defo pay of Liking the subject acts as an incentive for revisions which is why Maths and Economics are the two subjects I can thoroughly revise!
    That's fair enough but now that the January exams have been abolished you'll have plenty of time to practice both C3 and C4 but its always good to start early And I wasn't aware of any other questions being around other than the past papers at As level so I didn't get the highest marks possible but I've accepted the fact and just moved on instead. Also yeah hard work always pays off no matter what you do, it does help that the last unit is mainly Maths related so I don't have to think about half of it really

ReputationRep:
    I dunno :dontknow: Probably just a nice round figure, its annoying but I still appreciate the fact that we have a chance to discuss it
    Pfft I'll be in bed my 12 Early start tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Lool, he'll end up coming back sooner or later :giggle:
    Less than an hour till we can discuss! Woop Woop!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Anybody got a good challenging question from either C4 or C3 content that I could try? I'm getting slightly bored and want to do a challenging question

ReputationRep:
    You also staying up for C2? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Anybody got a good challenging question from either C4 or C3 content that I could try? I'm getting slightly bored and want to do a challenging question
    \displaystyle\int_{0}^{\pi /2} \dfrac{ \sin^{666} x}{ \sin^{666} x + \cos^{666} x} dx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    That's fair enough but now that the January exams have been abolished you'll have plenty of time to practice both C3 and C4 but its always good to start early And I wasn't aware of any other questions being around other than the past papers at As level so I didn't get the highest marks possible but I've accepted the fact and just moved on instead. Also yeah hard work always pays off no matter what you do, it does help that the last unit is mainly Maths related so I don't have to think about half of it really
    Yeah, This Jan I didn't spend enough time on revision! New Years etc makes it difficult! Plus we'd just finished moving houses
    Awwh no worries, Maths is our friend :console:

(Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    Pfft I'll be in bed my 12 Early start tomorrow...
    Less than hour if you want to wait but if you need to sleep you should
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah sweeet, whereabouts and what subject?
    Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Nottingham and Exeter, for a confusing variety of Economics+Languages courses which involved writing about 4-5 different personal statements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    looooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    \displaystyle\int_{0}^{\pi /2} \dfrac{ \sin^{666} x}{ \sin^{666} x + \cos^{666} x} dx

LOL :devil3: Can always count on you for difficult questions eh?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah that why i'm gonna try getting some practice beforehand in C3 and C4, thats why I didn't really bother with the recent C2 edexcel papers and did these really strange practice papers, doing more difficult questions is an incredibly effective way of dealing with standard questions!
    Lots of hard work will defo pay of Liking the subject acts as an incentive for revisions which is why Maths and Economics are the two subjects I can thoroughly revise!

OMFG huge co-incidence defo gotta revise together!
    :awesome: I do...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Psychology! LOOOL getting hyped up now

:excited:

I'm pretty sleepy but i'm just gonna wait it out, only got an hour
    45 minutes... remaining.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.