Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzyr)
    Well done on your interview. Best of luck! When abouts did you apply?
    I've applied to Cambridge (a complete wildcard!), Birmingham Uni and Newman College, Birmingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR26)
    Mine's the same. It shows I have an interview at MMU, but Edgehill have invited me in for interview and this isn't on the UCAS track.
    Still waiting to hear from my Schools Direct application. It's through MMU, so I am presuming they may wait to see how my interview goes with MMU.
    Good luck everyone!
    How long was it between MMU emailing you to say they are processing your application and hearing you have an interview? I'm thinking that we won't hear anything until Monday now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. Think all the good luck wishes have rubbed off on me somehow because not only have I just passed my literacy QTS test, but my reference has promised me I will have it by tonight. Fingers crossed this really happens! I would be happy to have it paid and sent tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional from Canterbury!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Conditional from Canterbury!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's fab! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razberri)
    How long was it between MMU emailing you to say they are processing your application and hearing you have an interview? I'm thinking that we won't hear anything until Monday now...
    I got an email asking me to go for an interview exactly one week after sending application! My interview is next Wednesday! P.s at mmu!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Hey guys - question for any with interviews.

If any of you have to do a presentation as part of your interview (I believe it's quite common) do you know if you're allowed cue cards or notes, or should it be off memory? I just want to know if I can rely on a set of notes or not, or whether I need to memorise. I would e-mail them but I've already e-mailed her loads because she sent me a wrong e-mail and then yeah, etc etc, I don't want to keep e-mailing!
    My email from mmu says cue cards or note are accepted, however the presentation shouldn't be read from a sheet! Hope that helps!
    you decided on a topic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    My email from mmu says cue cards or note are accepted, however the presentation shouldn't be read from a sheet! Hope that helps!
    you decided on a topic?
    Ah thanks for the info. I would sort of imagine unis would have a similar stance on that so maybe I'll be okay to take cue cards in (it's at Sheffield Hallam).

I've got a few ideas. It's for secondary R.E and I need to base it on a religious artefact, so I'm thinking of things I can easily obtain rather than expensive religious objects!

Have you decided?

My interview is on the 17th. I have lots of uni work before then so my prep will probs only start late next week :/

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks for the info. I would sort of imagine unis would have a similar stance on that so maybe I'll be okay to take cue cards in (it's at Sheffield Hallam).

I've got a few ideas. It's for secondary R.E and I need to base it on a religious artefact, so I'm thinking of things I can easily obtain rather than expensive religious objects!

Have you decided?

My interview is on the 17th. I have lots of uni work before then so my prep will probs only start late next week :/
    Mines for primary!
    I taught in Spain for a year an have worked in a school for the past two so might do something relating to languages!
    hard isn't it!
    Cant believe you have to take an artefact of some description!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hey guys - question for any with interviews.

If any of you have to do a presentation as part of your interview (I believe it's quite common) do you know if you're allowed cue cards or notes, or should it be off memory? I just want to know if I can rely on a set of notes or not, or whether I need to memorise. I would e-mail them but I've already e-mailed her loads because she sent me a wrong e-mail and then yeah, etc etc, I don't want to keep e-mailing!
    It depends on the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Mines for primary!
    I taught in Spain for a year an have worked in a school for the past two so might do something relating to languages!
    hard isn't it!
    Cant believe you have to take an artefact of some description!
    I'd imagine it's harder for primary because there's so much scope for a topic, whereas I can pick any old object as long as it relates to R.E!

How long is yours? Mine is 2-3 minutes so hardly any time to fit in the religious background of the topic AND why it would be good in a classroom. I think it will be okay though. It doesn't seem like a have a group task to do so I prefer the presentation to that. My other interview doesn't have a presentation, instead we sit in a group and talk about some provided religious artefacts and how they would be good in teaching. I don't like stuff in groups because you need to stand out somehow!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh just sent off my primary application! Took so long as I was waiting for a teacher to check it but she's been off ill for 4 weeks so hadn't checked it, and so I eventually decided to get it checked by careers at uni instead. Hoping the references don't take too long. Although my friend applied on the first day, and she is getting a reference from the same person as me, and he hasn't done hers yet :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Got an interview offer from Kings, and another for the IoP scholarship, one day after another. Kings were originally my first choice, but at IoE earlier in the week I was really impressed and got the impression that I would like to study there, so who knows. There's an individual interview, a presentation (which I can reuse my IoE one for), a written task and a test of scientific knowledge. If I could get an offer from IoE beforehand that would certainly take a lot of pressure off, so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine it's harder for primary because there's so much scope for a topic, whereas I can pick any old object as long as it relates to R.E!

How long is yours? Mine is 2-3 minutes so hardly any time to fit in the religious background of the topic AND why it would be good in a classroom. I think it will be okay though. It doesn't seem like a have a group task to do so I prefer the presentation to that. My other interview doesn't have a presentation, instead we sit in a group and talk about some provided religious artefacts and how they would be good in teaching. I don't like stuff in groups because you need to stand out somehow!
    We'll ours is strictly 2 mins max! Although it doesn't have to be a curriculum topic! Just a current educational issue!
    I know I have so so much experience that in a way it puts all the emphasis on the day! Feeling nervous but glad it's before Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzyr)
    Well done to everyone who has got interviews and offers!
    I wondered if anyone had heard back from Cambridge for primary? I've heard from my other two but really keen to hear from Cambridge!
    I was emailed yesterday and offered an interview on the 20th January. Its so far away because im away 12th December - 16th Jan

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to my manager and she has been ill, hence no reference yet. She has assured me it will be done today. Here's hoping! :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sultanofswing)
    I was emailed yesterday and offered an interview on the 20th January. Its so far away because im away 12th December - 16th Jan
    Well done! That's great news, you must be really pleased. When did you send off your application? I only sent mine on Sunday night but I worried that was too late for an interview before xmas (if I'm lucky enough to get one at all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzyr)
    Well done! That's great news, you must be really pleased. When did you send off your application? I only sent mine on Sunday night but I worried that was too late for an interview before xmas (if I'm lucky enough to get one at all).
    Mine was sent on the 27th November, I got an Interview from Leeds the day after and then Cambridge yesterday. Track hasnt updated though. Not heard anything from my final choice

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection from my fairly unresearched 'wildcard' today, which I expected I suppose. Oh well. P: Starting to really think I should have exchanged the 'wildcard' slot for a 'safety Plan B' slot though. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbaby)
    yay i got an interview for Greenwich.
    how and when did you find out? i am still waiting for mine x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.