Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2013-2014) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    How are you?
    Tired but fine thank you, how are you? Are you ready for college?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here started reading some books for preparotary reading if considering applying to Oxbridge? (I'm reading some for chemistry and I find them very interesting and bit complicated so I'm prepared to read them twice)
    EDIT: here's the link for Cambridge ones: http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/p...udents/reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoMantys)
    Tired but fine thank you, how are you? Are you ready for college?
    Yeah I'm shattered, I didn't sleep 'til 5am!

I just confirmed my subject choices and have everything but stationery...but I can't believe I'm this old already! you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm shattered, I didn't sleep 'til 5am!

I just confirmed my subject choices and have everything but stationery...but I can't believe I'm this old already! you?
    I took a nerdy approach to summer and didn't go on holidays but prepared myself for college and so I'm quite confident... by the way I'm sure that your college will give discounts to buying stationary.. and I've got so much that it would be nice to share but I don't know if there is a way hahahah
    I can't believe that too... when I look back it feels like I was 12 years old yesterday xD
    :tee:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bad at keeping up with this forum these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I'm so bad at keeping up with this forum these days
    I know you must have more of a life than us :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I took a nerdy approach to summer and didn't go on holidays but prepared myself for college and so I'm quite confident... by the way I'm sure that your college will give discounts to buying stationary.. and I've got so much that it would be nice to share but I don't know if there is a way hahahah
    I can't believe that too... when I look back it feels like I was 12 years old yesterday xD
    :tee:
    Woah :O I was not that dedicated! :lol: which subjects are you taking?

Nope, we've tried I only need a few pens anyway
    I know! Soon we'll be off to Uni and if that's not scary I don't know what is!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I know you must have more of a life than us :rolleyes:
    I didn't mean it like that :lol: ! I mean I'm busy most days (I've had literally four 'days off' over the whole summer and this is one of them ) I just... I don't know, I'm not as interested in this forum as I used to be

ReputationRep:
    Woah :O I was not that dedicated! :lol: which subjects are you taking?

Nope, we've tried I only need a few pens anyway
    I know! Soon we'll be off to Uni and if that's not scary I don't know what is!
    I'm taking Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further mathematics and I'm dedicating part of my life for the love of Chemistry. #
    Uni... that'll be scary lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further mathematics and I'm dedicating part of my life for the love of Chemistry. #
    Uni... that'll be scary lol
    I'm taking Chemistry

Gosh I know, I can't imagine living away from home

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean it like that :lol: ! I mean I'm busy most days (I've had literally four 'days off' over the whole summer and this is one of them ) I just... I don't know, I'm not as interested in this forum as I used to be
    Haha and awww there are rather alot of new people than our old year 10 thread
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here started reading some books for preparotary reading if considering applying to Oxbridge? (I'm reading some for chemistry and I find them very interesting and bit complicated so I'm prepared to read them twice)
    EDIT: here's the link for Cambridge ones: http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/p...udents/reading
    There's so way in a million years I'd ever apply for Oxbridge but some of those books look really interesting, thanks a lot for the link .
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Haha and awww there are rather alot of new people than our old year 10 thread
    I think you, Shadab and I are the only year 10s still around :emo: . And I'm not even around much any more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    Why does life go so fast??!! I want to be forever young!! :bawling:

Yep, the past is the past and there's nothing much you can do about it now unfortunately!

Yep, you're right! Its just that they would normally consider us after the year 11s, so we are given the remaining places.
    But they do not know about us, so they think we are year 11s.

Yh i know!!! My first day is on monday!!! :eek:
    But i am really excited though!!

Do you like my new picture?
    I see you have a new one too!
    I know, I totally agree!

Forever young, I wanna be forever young
    Do you really want to live forever?
    Forever and ever

Yeah exactly, although I think in a way we might do better than some of the year 11 with similar GCSEs as we have motivation in a way and the previous experience

Monday 2nd? I start the Monday after I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous, probably a bit of both!

Yup, I do like it yeah I thought I needed a change! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think you, Shadab and I are the only year 10s still around :emo: . And I'm not even around much any more...
    I know and dalek :rolleyes:

Shadab might even be leaving so it will just be me :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    It just hit me, after all the years of sitting on the floor in ks3,and GCSE assembly, I'm finally grown up enough to be on the big boy chairs in a level assembly... Haha that sounds so sad

And I haven't got a single bit of stationary since my school gives us books to write in and I have a pen, am I missing something?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Question to you all,
    What's the higher age you would date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    I know, I totally agree!

Forever young, I wanna be forever young
    Do you really want to live forever?
    Forever and ever

Yeah exactly, although I think in a way we might do better than some of the year 11 with similar GCSEs as we have motivation in a way and the previous experience

Monday 2nd? I start the Monday after I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous, probably a bit of both!

Yup, I do like it yeah I thought I needed a change! :cool:
    As long as i live, i want to be young. But sadly, thats not how life works!

I totally agree! Motivation and experience are probably the two most useful things we have gained from this year.

You have an extra week of summer! Enjoy it while it lasts!
    I feel that i have lost all my patience to wait for the summer to finish, so i am really happy and looking forward to monday!

Do you like nemo?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizziecr)
    Question to you all,
    I'm not really one for dating , but the unofficial rule is half of the older person's age plus seven, isn't it?

So, assuming you're 16, 16-7=9 9x2=18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizziecr)
    Question to you all,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    18 probably

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.