Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Said Dimi in 4, clearly that's out the window. A consistent Dimitrov would win this match though..

ReputationRep:
    If Murray had served out the 2nd could've got this done in 3. Momentum now with Dimitrov

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see Dimi charging to the net as a surprise tactic. Very much like Federer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Nice to see Dimi charging to the net as a surprise tactic. Very much like Federer.
    Baby fed yah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Baby fed yah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Classic choke by Dimitrov. He did the same against Djokovic at Wimbledon. If he is to win majors he needs to get it together mentally in big moments.

ReputationRep:
    Murray wins! 6-4, 6-7, 6-3, 7-5

Does anyone else see some remarkable similarity to the 2013 AO SF? 6-4, 6-7, 6-3 to Murray, serving at 6-5, 30-30. Except this time he was able to close it out against Dimitrov

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe that didn't go the distance but to be fair Murray did deserve it, Dimitrov just out choked him in the end. Definitely needs to play the bigger points better against the big guys because once you let the likes of Murray and Djokovic back in it's over

ReputationRep:
    The Murray interviewer is annoying - asking some really random questions. Murray taking it really well though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that interviewer was a ****, asking some stupid questions. To be fair Jim Courier does the same, but they don't go on as long as that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Murray - Kyrgios will be great.

ReputationRep:
    I want to see López take out Raonic. I think I may be the only one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    I want to see López take out Raonic. I think I may be the only one...
    I like Raonic.

Then again I tend to like unusual players (I remember some think Nadal is boring). Raonic may be serve heavy but his style is not unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I like Raonic.

Then again I tend to like unusual players (I remember some think Nadal is boring). Raonic may be serve heavy but his style is not unattractive.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Raonic too. I just have a bit of a bias to single-handed backhand players, since that's what I use. But I also prefer López's style of play too - it involves more skill, rather than just bashing the ball as hard as possible, aiming for constant winners.

ReputationRep:
    If Lopez did get through it would be a pretty big achievement given some of the holes he's dug himself out of in this tournament already.

ReputationRep:
    I like Lopez but I wanna see Raonic vs Novak so I'm hoping Milos wins.

ReputationRep:
    Raging. Oh well, it went all the way to 5 sets!

It looked like Djokovic didn't have the best of times agains Muller today, but still managed to come through in straight sets. I think also, the fact than Stan was able to beat Garcia-Lopez - the guy who put him out of Roland Garros last year, early - showed that he's quite strong, mentally, right now!

ReputationRep:
    Stan could drop to 10 in the rankings if he loses to Nishikori. That's what happens when you only really turn up for two tournaments and mug around in the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Berdych a set and 5-0 up. Nadal clearly short of confidence and match practice. Father time seems to been catching up to him too. But I'm impressed with Berdych. He actually believes that he can win this.

ReputationRep:
    6-2, 6-0 Berdych, looks like he'll finally snap that long losing streak he has against Rafa here.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.