Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I also got a video interview invite from Mishcon today, I was almost certain it was a PFO given that most people have already had their assessment centres, but goes to show you should never give up hope! (Although I'm aware it means I was near the bottom of the pile.)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if a law firm will ring you (post AC) and it's a rejection? Or is it normally good news? Just got a voicemail from Baker & McKenzie..

ReputationRep:
    Dentons first round interview invite. Anyone got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    So as it stands still waiting on BH, HD (even after emailing for update), IM (after video interview), Bristows, Olswang, Taylor Walters and Kennedys (after telephone interview). Been a very silent week this week.... Has anyone heard from any recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    So as it stands still waiting on BH, HD (even after emailing for update), IM (after video interview), Bristows, Olswang, Taylor Walters and Kennedys (after telephone interview). Been a very silent week this week.... Has anyone heard from any recently?
    Still waiting on IM post-interview too. It seems the last interview (or last ones I heard about) were to be submitted by the 9th and after the interview it said we would hear by the 20th so should be any day now! Sorry I know that's not entirely helpful..the waiting game is horrible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Still waiting on IM post-interview too. It seems the last interview (or last ones I heard about) were to be submitted by the 9th and after the interview it said we would hear by the 20th so should be any day now! Sorry I know that's not entirely helpful..the waiting game is horrible!

^^ i'm still waiting too. Hopefully we'll find out soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Oh yeah I remember seeing that in the email. It's weird that they say they offer places on ACs on a rolling basis but no one has heard :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Oh yeah I remember seeing that in the email. It's weird that they say they offer places on ACs on a rolling basis but no one has heard :confused:
    Yes! It said to do it ASAP to increase the chances of being successful? Maybe they decided just to wait until all of them were in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helphelphelphelp)
    Does anyone know if a law firm will ring you (post AC) and it's a rejection? Or is it normally good news? Just got a voicemail from Baker & McKenzie..
    It should be good news. No point in phoning to reject given the amount of people they invite to AC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Sorry to hear that pal, how long did it take for them to get back to you?
    They got back to me quite quick, had the interview on 10th and found out today. Onwards and upwards I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHairyArmenian)
    Congratulations! Do you have any tips for the telephone interview and AC?
    This wil sound really generic but be yourself. The AC groups are small so you can really shine as an individual. They do separate law and non law case studies so be prepared for law content If you're a law student.

Everyone is really friendly so just relax and be yourself 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieTheFish)
    Hey guys, I have a video interview with Mishcon de Reya. Does anyone have any insight into what to expect? Is is mostly competency questions or do they throw in some commercial awareness stuff?

They draw the questions from a bank so its hard to predict what you might get. It's five or six questions in total - the question flashes on the screen for 30 seconds then you get a minute and a half to two minutes to answer.

I got a couple of standard (why mishcon etc), one commercial one (tell me about a recent commercial news item you found interesting), and then a couple of competency. I also got asked how I spent summer 2014 which I was surprised by!

My advice would be keep an eye on the timer - I got caught out on one. Prepare properly - maybe have some notes nearby if you get stuck. I think I fluffed it - still waiting to hear back a week and a half later.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody still waiting on HSF and/or Taylor Wessing? It's been quite a while considering that I submitted on the first few days of January...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from White & Case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    Nope still waiting to hear anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    I also got a video interview invite from Mishcon today, I was almost certain it was a PFO given that most people have already had their assessment centres, but goes to show you should never give up hope! (Although I'm aware it means I was near the bottom of the pile.)
    I still haven't heard anything and I applied Jan 9th. You still give me hope though. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Video interview with White & Case!!

Also @Procrastination1, sorry to hear about Travers mate, what do you think tripped you up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    So I've asked a few friends who applied last year, and they told me that White & Case takes AGES to respond. Usually early March is when you would start to hear back. Some people had already accepted other VS's when W&C got back to them.

Having trawled through last year's thread, I noticed that some people who applied for a TC didn't get their PFO till December. So I guess time management isn't something Grad Rec at White & Case are really concerned about...

In essence, with regards to W&C, no news simply means no news.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get an invite to do a video interview with White & Case today? Also, their email strongly implies that it's the last stage and there's no AC/face-to-face:

'... the quicker you submit your video, the quicker you will know if you have been allocated a vacation scheme place.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Anyone else get an invite to do a video interview with White & Case today? Also, their email strongly implies that it's the last stage and there's no AC/face-to-face:

'... the quicker you submit your video, the quicker you will know if you have been allocated a vacation scheme place.'
    I just got an invite to their video interview too. Think it must be the last stage of recruitment. Pretty impersonal if you ask me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.