The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vmwl
Thanks :smile: I do economics, had the interview on Friday last week

yep I thought so, ms drill technical qs to those who do econ/finance, its been week and a half since my interview, hope to hear back soon. Whens the final round scheduled, is it just one interview again?
Reply 2861
Original post by welcometoib
yep I thought so, ms drill technical qs to those who do econ/finance, its been week and a half since my interview, hope to hear back soon. Whens the final round scheduled, is it just one interview again?

Two 30 min phone interviews, first week of Jan. I'm sure they'll get back to you pretty soon, especially seeing as it's coming up to xmas :smile:
Do banks have a christmas break? Or could we still get e-mails, say at 26th?
And another question.
I did all the tests with rbs and then on 17.12 i received this:

We're pleased to advise that you've been successful in your online testing, and that we remain extremely interested in your application.

We're currently completing a high number of assessments across all divisions, and there will be a delay in progressing your application onto telephone assessment.

We do remain very interested in progressing your application and will remain in contact with you for regular updates.

Thanks again for your application with us and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
But today 18.12, i received this:

Thank you for completing your online test.

We have received your results, which we will now consider before deciding whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

Because we will be benchmarking your performance against other candidates who have applied for your selected programme, you may not hear immediately whether you have been successful in reaching the next stage. Please be assured that we will update you when we have reached a decision.

For myself that doesn´t make any sense at all, do i have an interview now or not?
Original post by vmwl
Two 30 min phone interviews, first week of Jan. I'm sure they'll get back to you pretty soon, especially seeing as it's coming up to xmas :smile:

ah cool, thought ms had acs haha. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ProjectNr2
Do banks have a christmas break? Or could we still get e-mails, say at 26th?
And another question.
I did all the tests with rbs and then on 17.12 i received this:

We're pleased to advise that you've been successful in your online testing, and that we remain extremely interested in your application.

We're currently completing a high number of assessments across all divisions, and there will be a delay in progressing your application onto telephone assessment.

We do remain very interested in progressing your application and will remain in contact with you for regular updates.

Thanks again for your application with us and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
But today 18.12, i received this:

Thank you for completing your online test.

We have received your results, which we will now consider before deciding whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

Because we will be benchmarking your performance against other candidates who have applied for your selected programme, you may not hear immediately whether you have been successful in reaching the next stage. Please be assured that we will update you when we have reached a decision.

For myself that doesn´t make any sense at all, do i have an interview now or not?

No you don't yet, RBS will invite you to book your phone interview on the career platform and then invite you to some kind of virtual practise platform to prepare for it. Until they tell you that in the email, no phone interview is confirmed. Good luck though, the first email seems promising :smile:
Reply 2865
Original post by Anonynous
Don't lose hope. I have a similar profile.

Semi-target - Cass
Summer intenship - 2nd tier IB

Applied to ~20 SW

RBS test pass, HSBC test pass, MS int, BAML offer

around 6 rejections.

Just keep grinding, you'll get something.

Thanks but unfortunately I got rejected by the lower tier banks so I'm not expecting much from the bigger ones :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Atty
Thanks but unfortunately I got rejected by the lower tier banks so I'm not expecting much from the bigger ones :frown:

Got rejected by RBC :K:

I didn't even know who they were before SW applications.
Original post by Atty

It doesn't work like that. Recruitment is very erratic. People with GS offers get rejected by RBS without interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonynous
Got rejected by RBC :K:

I didn't even know who they were before SW applications.

Why did you bother applying for the 1 day insight, just out of curiosity
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Why did you bother applying for the 1 day insight, just out of curiosity

Because I thought it would be the only place I would have a shot at :lol:. I'd rather say I secured 1 insight than none at all. The BBs were a gamble tbh, even the 2nd tiers.
Original post by Atty

I got rejected by RBS and HSBC but offers from DB and CS :confused: go figure
Original post by President M.E.
I got rejected by RBS and HSBC but offers from DB and CS :confused: go figure

Very well done.

So are they different dates or will you have to choose between them both?
Has anybody tried to/considered leveraging offers?
Guys, does anyone have any advice for the RBC numerical test? is it SHL? kenexa or what? I'm flopping these so badly :tongue:
I am wondering whether they give interviews out during January exam session? Hope not. I have four exams. :frown:
Original post by Zymoloid!
Has anybody tried to/considered leveraging offers?

Of course - if you have an offer, immediately email HR for all banks yet to get back to you and let them know you have an exploding offer elsewhere. Some banks are very accommodating, especially if they like your CV/application.
Original post by Purple_fox
I am wondering whether they give interviews out during January exam session? Hope not. I have four exams. :frown:

If you have a good excuse (exams fall into this bracket) let them know once you have an interview and most banks will be happy to reschedule. Keep in mind it'll probably only be pushed back a few days!
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Very well done.

So are they different dates or will you have to choose between them both?

Yeah different dates but DB clashes with pretty much everything else so I won't be able to do much more
Original post by Sun_Bear
Going to do the PWC video interview tomorrow, has anybody here done it?

just done it but they said we're supposed to hear today!
Original post by chocolateeclairs
just done it but they said we're supposed to hear today!

I think that was before the deadline pushback though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending