Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    Agreed!!
    Practice!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh the confirmation emails are coming through–excited but nervous at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PkT1991)
    Ohhh the confirmation emails are coming through–excited but nervous at the same time!
    Haha, yes, me too. I've already logged in to my profile with Kings and checked every possible page haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Haha, yes, me too. I've already logged in to my profile with Kings and checked every possible page haha.
    Is this King's 4 year? I haven't had an email from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    More than likely yes... I worked full time in my UG and also working 15hrs a week during medical school. It's do-able and plenty of students work term time and in holidays
    I do have a part time job and work alongside studying, I was just unsure whether they meant 4 consecutive months full time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    I've got all the confirmation emails except from KCL. So they might be delayed as per usual with their oversubscribed places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    Yes. It came through late last night. Also had an email from Southampton, but nothing from Warwick or Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    I've not had anything from Newcastle and I applied on September 16th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Yes. It came through late last night. Also had an email from Southampton, but nothing from Warwick or Cambridge.
    I got a confirmation email from Cambridge yesterday (I submitted my application on the 10th)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, are we able to put more than one reference on our UCAS application? I just had my first reference submit, but it looks like the system will only take the on reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matth78)
    Hey guys, are we able to put more than one reference on our UCAS application? I just had my first reference submit, but it looks like the system will only take the on reference?
    Yes you can only have one reference on UCAS, if a university wants another they will have a form or something for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it acceptable to not leave lines between paragraphs in the personal statement? Otherwise I'm 4 lines over. How it's arranged it's obvious they are seperate paragraphs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chjw51)
    Is it acceptable to not leave lines between paragraphs in the personal statement? Otherwise I'm 4 lines over. How it's arranged it's obvious they are seperate paragraphs.
    Yeah most people don't put lines between paragraphs, space is tight enough as it is.

ReputationRep:
    What about space after commas, full-stops?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    What about space after commas, full-stops?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You definitely need to put a space after full stops and commas.
    Admissions officers want to be able to easily read your ps, not be confronted by a wall of text.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chjw51)
    I had the same problem and ended up cutting text in order to have lines that would separate each paragraph.

It ended up looking and reading better too, but it sucks that I was unaware of the 47 line limit.

ReputationRep:
    Eeek, I've only heard from Bart's, nothing from Warwick, Newcastle or King's.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, has anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet? I have emails from my other choices (Cambridge and Bristol)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    You definitely need to put a space after full stops and commas.
    Admissions officers want to be able to easily read your ps, not be confronted by a wall of text.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I'm meeting the line limit but not the character limit. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Just out of interest, has anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet? I have emails from my other choices (Cambridge and Bristol)...
    I haven't yet so you're not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.