Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Can you appeal of you think it is definitely wrong?
    As far as I'm aware, only if there's a 15% disparity in marking.

(Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    Wait, you can pay to see your actual paper?? Sorry that remarking didn't work out though :/ Also, they can't do anything about coursework unless the entire class got downgraded by 15%. So if you individually got moderated down by 15% or more, it is definitely worth emailing your unis and explaining the situation.
    Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, you can get your scripts back, although that's taking a very very long time. None of my coursework is 15%, but a few are 13%. One more mark and it would've reached the 15% sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)

Yeah, you can get your scripts back, although that's taking a very very long time. None of my coursework is 15%, but a few are 13%. One more mark and it would've reached the 15% sigh.
    Ugh, 13% is still a lot though, so defs include that in emails you send to unis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)

I did my exams last June and had my English and History papers go up by over 20 marks each, the former after a remark and the latter after an appeal to Edexcel. My understanding of the system was that you can appeal anything if you think that there was some procedural fault in the way it was marked, and then they'll go and do some investigation into it and get the chief examiner to review your script (that's how it was with Edexcel at least...)

So basically I remarked my history and it came back unchanged, so then we said something like 'yeah but you mark things on computers so that disadvantages people with terrible handwriting like me' to get a foot in the door and have someone senior look at my paper. They came back and said there was nothing wrong with they way they marked, but the chief examiner would review my paper and then it came back with an extra 20 or so marks...

Can you do something similar?

ReputationRep:
    Random question for A-level people... how does remarking work for you guys? As far as I know, your results come out August 13, and the summer pool closes August 14... so how do they take your remarks into account? Sorry I'm just curious :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Random question for A-level people... how does remarking work for you guys? As far as I know, your results come out August 13, and the summer pool closes August 14... so how do they take your remarks into account? Sorry I'm just curious :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'd need to get a priority remark which gets it back to you asap.

If you meet your offer before the 30th August, they have to take you in had they made an offer

ReputationRep:
    Should we have had any information regarding accommodation by now? Or is it all sorted out after results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Should we have had any information regarding accommodation by now? Or is it all sorted out after results day?
    After results day for Caius at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    After results day for Caius at least
    Ok thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You'd need to get a priority remark which gets it back to you asap.

If you meet your offer before the 30th August, they have to take you in had they made an offer
    Ah ok, thanks. That sounds hectic... how do they consider near-miss candidates for the summer pool then...? Anyways, good luck all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, thanks. That sounds hectic... how do they consider near-miss candidates for the summer pool then...? Anyways, good luck all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well they have the UMS after you send it to them, and then if you're close they can let you in if you're other stuff was good enough eg interviews, AS etc

You also let them know you are having a remark and then they will decide whether or not you will actually have to wait for that to get in.

If you don't get in, but then the remark comes back and your grades have met the original offer, they're obliged to take you if the conditions are met prior to the 30th August

ReputationRep:
    If you've met your offer, does Track update the day before results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    It updates in the morning. Track was supposed to open at 10 last year but apparently it opened slightly earlier. I didn't check until I found out my results, I thought if i'd missed my offer nothing would be worse than an hour long bus ride to pick them up wondering how badly I had done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    It updates in the morning. Track was supposed to open at 10 last year but apparently it opened slightly earlier. I didn't check until I found out my results, I thought if i'd missed my offer nothing would be worse than an hour long bus ride to pick them up wondering how badly I had done.
    It opened at 7.30, as it did the year before that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    It opened at 7.30, as it did the year before that too
    hmm 10 o'clock definitely sticks in my head, probably my school opened at 10 then.

ReputationRep:
    :moon: 2 weeks :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    hmm 10 o'clock definitely sticks in my head, probably my school opened at 10 then.
    Yeah I definitely remember getting a confirmation email at 7.30ish, way before arriving at college at 9.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I read on UCAS's website that track opens at 6 am... Or is that when you can get your results or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    stress :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyyyy)
    stress :eek4:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    I'm at that stage again, in which I'm simultaneously certain I've met my grades and certain that I've not.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.