The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Wenger Bus is coming... because his players don't give a toss
Original post by ETRC
Wenger should never play two CAM's against good teams, but we had no choice with Wilshere not ready yet. Walcott showed us how good he is, and ruined their left back for the 20 mins he was on.
And I mentioned Klopp because he has a go at players if they do not try their hardest. If Dortmund try hard and lose he won't mind, but if he saw Merk and the players not caring he would have a massive go at them which is what Wenger needs to do now.
Too many players do not care about football as long as they are getting paid large amounts.

Agree mostly with the top bit although I guess it could be argued that Ox could have started over Santi or Ozil at CM as a B2B for one of them to come on later, but it doesn't matter much now.

I think people are quite naive when it comes to Wenger, he is experienced enough to know that giving the players a *******ing in a press conference rarely helps things, but I'm sure he tore them apart behind closed doors, as most former Arsenal players have said he does.

Have to say though, if Wenger is giving Mert a telling off and he still isn't responding then he needs to go, it's simply not good enough for a captain to not show any sign of caring about the result.
Do you think that Claude and Ty have essentially become an act now? Of course their original opinions will stand but I get the impression that they've acquired a small level of fame and are now playing up to their online personas.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Do you think that Claude and Ty have essentially become an act now? Of course their original opinions will stand but I get the impression that they've acquired a small level of fame and are now playing up to their online personas.

They have been for a while, along with Bully. They are all a bunch of sackless morons who think they are 'super fans' because they stand in front of a camera looking like mongs.
It's probably a bit of both, the interviewer clearly tries to push them to say controversial things as it =more views= more youtube money (without including their shocking merch).

Fame probably has a lot to do with it too, but they're sort of the faces of the extreme AKB and WOB's so they have to keep pushing their views further and further to the point where both just sound equally stupid
Reply 2865
Original post by leinad2012

Have to say though, if Wenger is giving Mert a telling off and he still isn't responding then he needs to go, it's simply not good enough for a captain to not show any sign of caring about the result.

I agree. I'm hoping Gabriel's english is good enough for his to start over Mert now. I'm tired of Mert not being brave and making stupid decisions. Mert needs to fix up ASAP.
Original post by TornadoGR4

Of course they are. I've heard that they are actually friends off camera and travel to aways together.
Original post by shawn_o1
The Wenger Bus is coming... because his players don't give a toss

Shawn have you been candy flipping recently?
Original post by Arkasia
Don't worry, now that Klopp's Dortmund won't be in Europe next season, everyone will be calling for another flavour manager. Perhaps Koeman.

Dortmund will probably be in europe next season. Just that CL qualification is in the balance atm. They ain't too far from it though. Especially if they can beat Schalke.
Original post by jam277
Dortmund will probably be in europe next season. Just that CL qualification is in the balance atm. They ain't too far from it though. Especially if they can beat Schalke.

From coming out first in the CL group stages, and second in the league, ending up begging for Europa the next season is a pretty poor return from a squad that has not been significantly weakened, and a supposedly genius manager.
Original post by ETRC
I agree. I'm hoping Gabriel's english is good enough for his to start over Mert now. I'm tired of Mert not being brave and making stupid decisions. Mert needs to fix up ASAP.

Gabriel needs to know two phrases in English and he should be better than Mertesacker.

1. Don't **** up.
2. Actually run sometimes.
Original post by Arkasia
From coming out first in the CL group stages, and second in the league, ending up begging for Europa the next season is a pretty poor return from a squad that has not been significantly weakened, and a supposedly genius manager.

Yeah it's a poor season but every manager has had a poor season. Also the squad was significantly weakened in the loss of Lewandowski and loads of injuries, Biaczykowski being out for long, Gundogan being out for large parts of last season and needing to get up to speed, their best player in Reus being out for fairly long periods this season.

Granted this is no excuse for being in the relegation zone after Xmas but they're playing much better than they were earlier on this season and were undone by defensive errors vs Juve who are 1st in Serie A and matched them away from home. Also I highly doubt they'll be begging for europa considering how they're playing. They'll get it comfortably, just that top 4 may be too much an ask for them, although I've seen Arsenal make similarly ridiculous gaps(see 11/12 and 12/13) so it can be done. They get 4th then it's just a normal season for them.
Original post by jam277
Yeah it's a poor season but every manager has had a poor season. Also the squad was significantly weakened in the loss of Lewandowski and loads of injuries, Biaczykowski being out for long, Gundogan being out for large parts of last season and needing to get up to speed, their best player in Reus being out for fairly long periods this season.

Granted this is no excuse for being in the relegation zone after Xmas but they're playing much better than they were earlier on this season and were undone by defensive errors vs Juve who are 1st in Serie A and matched them away from home. Also I highly doubt they'll be begging for europa considering how they're playing. They'll get it comfortably, just that top 4 may be too much an ask for them, although I've seen Arsenal make similarly ridiculous gaps(see 11/12 and 12/13) so it can be done. They get 4th then it's just a normal season for them.

Wenger and SAF never had atrocious seasons (at least, not in the PL), neither has Maureen as far as I know? Presumably others haven't. Lewandowski should have been replaced amply by the introduction of Ramos and Immobile, with Sahin and Kagawa among the other recruits. Reus and Blasz were unlucky, yes, but their squad is more than good enough to be fighting with Wolfsburg for second, even without those two.

Dortmund have been performing as they should have been in Europe, and they are only starting to find that form in domestic games. How many German teams get Europa? 5th and 6th, like us? If so, then yeah they'll be in Europe, but that's like United ending up in Europa at the end of this season - under-performing.
Original post by jam277

Interesting how other managers can have a bad season but Wenger can't, I would say our injury crisis was just as bad as Dortmunds, granted we didn't lose our best players but we used to and Wenger would still get us top 4 which is much more than can be said for Dortmund right now.

We're just as bad as United fans tbh right now, have some stupid superiority complex belief that we deserve success.

Surprised Wenger has put up which such **** for so long, 2 or 3 years ago he probably could have got any managerial job he wanted, but consistently gets the blame for his own players ****ing up.

Also, nice to see scrappy doo is being efficient and getting injuries before he even plays, another week out most likely followed by a 2 week lay off then a couple of poor performances and the crowd will be back on his back again just like what's going to happen to Ozil and Giroud if they don't perform tomorrow, a lot of our fans are more plastic than Katie Price's tatas tbh
Interesting how other managers can have a bad season but Wenger can't, I would say our injury crisis was just as bad as Dortmunds, granted we didn't lose our best players but we used to and Wenger would still get us top 4 which is much more than can be said for Dortmund right now.

We're just as bad as United fans tbh right now, have some stupid superiority complex belief that we deserve success.

Surprised Wenger has put up which such **** for so long, 2 or 3 years ago he probably could have got any managerial job he wanted, but consistently gets the blame for his own players ****ing up.

Also, nice to see scrappy doo is being efficient and getting injuries before he even plays, another week out most likely followed by a 2 week lay off then a couple of poor performances and the crowd will be back on his back again just like what's going to happen to Ozil and Giroud if they don't perform tomorrow, a lot of our fans are more plastic than Katie Price's tatas tbh

Wenger doesn't have bad seasons. He's had the exact same seasons for many years now.
Original post by AR_95
Wenger doesn't have bad seasons. He's had the exact same seasons for many years now.

Or you could say every season since 05 (bar maybe 05/06 for the CL final and 13/14 for the FA Cup win) have been bad seasons, we're just used to them and see them as average.
Original post by AR_95

Meh, we're making progress it's just a mental issue and constant injuries. I'd rather 4th than dropping out of CL for years at a time then a title push like Liverpool that died swiftly. Not saying 4th is the am, titles are, but having rode the injury storm we are still in a strong position to push on from.

Based on United today I would say we should go in favourites for the FA cup QF game, and seeing as Soton are starting to lose it and Spurs being spurs the only team I can see beating us to 3rd is Liverpool, and even that is a big if considering their inconsistencies.

Big performance is needed tomorrow to get us back on track no doubt, but Everton having played in Europe too should help.

inb4 Giroud double and Walcott making Baines his bitch for 90 minutes
Original post by Pete_91
Or you could say every season since 05 (bar maybe 05/06 for the CL final and 13/14 for the FA Cup win) have been bad seasons, we're just used to them and see them as average.

Well that's the point I was trying to make lol

inb4 Lukaku double and Mirallas making Gibbs his bitch for 90 minutes

One can dream eh? :colone:
Original post by shawn_o1
One can dream eh? :colone:

Nah, Lukaku is only good in Europe where he can make Young Boys his bitch #LukakuIsKony2012 #LukakuIsAPedo?

Would expect Gibbs to get dropped for Monreal, ever noticed how every English LB is a fraud right now, like Baines, Gibbo, Shaw, they're all so highly rated but all of them have done little this year to back it up.

Actually, would change it to Welbeck making Baines his bitch for 90 mins, that's how little I rate Baines right now.

Latest