Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Finished biomass -(took me a while cuz i got confused half way through)
    Done an eng lang past paper question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHonourable)
    Thanks, I actually managed to do it!
    :woohoo: Best feeling in the world - I bet you're bloody tired now though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just missed the 90% UMS mark on my chem paper, but I'm quite happy with the F324 paper, so I'll practice more F325 papers another time. I think I'll make more organic synthesis flashcards though

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about chem !!! I do F334

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are you so good at it! Tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys what did you get on your science (gcse) controlled assessments in terms of ums points?

Just finished some maths revision

ReputationRep:
    @Anon_98 I'm off to bed now! Let's see if you can go to sleep and wake up early too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, I can't figure out how to quote someone from my phone >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spent the day doing gravitational fields questions and blissfully ignoring my other subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Damn it, I can't figure out how to quote someone from my phone >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I usually press the reply button on a post and it quotes the post automatically on my phone

ReputationRep:
    Finally started doing the reading for my essay. I know a lot of my friends at uni will judge me for starting it so late but I have 9 days which I think is plenty of time? I'll read around the subject for 2 days or so and spend all of next week writing it. And then I have 3 weeks to revise for exams. Fingers crossed.
    I GOT THIS. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Hey guys what did you get on your science (gcse) controlled assessments in terms of ums points?

Just finished some maths revision
    Not sure about ums. But I got 40/48 in my Chemistry ca which I was so happy with as my mock last year was a lot less... my teacher said that's around an A if they use the same grade boundaries as last year.

ReputationRep:
    Mentally drained rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Not sure about ums. But I got 40/48 in my Chemistry ca which I was so happy with as my mock last year was a lot less... my teacher said that's around an A if they use the same grade boundaries as last year.
    Wow thats amazing!!!
    Yeah i think its about an A if the grade boundaries are the same
    I got 48/50 on chemistry
    49/50 on Biology
    and i'm still waiting for physics.

(I'm dreading the actuall exams in may/june - because I still have't completed writing my core notes, let alone additional/seperate!)

ReputationRep:
    how we will study we have to just stay online on given duration! is it all!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketship)
    I want to revise 2hrs 30mins of physics, 1hr 15mins of history, and 3hrs of geography today, so just under 7hrs (will probably be revising until midnight ngl)
    Update: I'm behind. I've revised 1hr 30mins of history and 1hr 5mins of physics… and no geography revision fml

Gonna do geography until 1am

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    I usually press the reply button on a post and it quotes the post automatically on my phone
    Oh, sorry, I meant tag someone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely, and besides, I hate going to India. I've been there so many times that I'm sick of it now and besides, it's no fun getting unwelcome criticism about the way I look from my grandmas. Oh no, my youngest brother jetted off too so I don't have his mess to clean up but I find it hilarious that you think he (the other one, whos only a year younger than me) would clean up after himself. The pair would rather live in filth than clean up. You should see the state of his room >.<
    India sounds like fun! I think I'd like to visit one day but I can understand why you'd prefer not to go bc of the family pressure. Aw no. >.<

Oh, you were being serious? Most people find it weird that I choose to wake up between 6:30 and 7am on weekends and call it a sleep in. That's a good idea (but if I have the app, won't it look like I'm permanently online? Idk) But yayyyy!! I'm glad I've managed to convert you into a morning bird. Oh yeah definitely, although I usually go for a run or a cycle ride - can't be that person who goes out in their dressing gown and slippers xD
    Yes, ofc I was serious. (': No, I think it's great! Ah yeah, I forgot about that aspect. >.< I ended up going at 12am, I think you left slightly earlier than that though. Haha, morning runs are great. - I tried it once around this time last year, i think, bc I thought it'd be a good habit to get into + stuff but had a bit of a bad experience so I've been put it off it ever since.

It's fine! You're entitled to your opinion and to share it too That is actually true, or sometimes you get so psyched up you end up not going it. Whattttt? Nooo I hate chemistry - it's my worst subject - I was actually asked to drop it what other subjects do you do?
    Yes, I entirely agree. ^-^ Gosh, really?- that's a shame. Oh + I also do biology!- we both do the same subjects. :five:

Oh no, I couldn't walk for about 2 weeks after that (and I still had to drag myself to college by bus >.< it was so painful and I had to cancel NCS.
    Aw no, that sounds awful.- I would've been so upset at the NCS thing though.

:lol: I have a feeling one if my parents might call me and ask me if I've gone crazy because I'm talking to myself - but I might try it out next time I'm home alone. Glad you can relate to it - most people don't get it
    XD If they ask if you're going crazy, then you just respond with yes.

@Anon_98 I'm off to bed now! Let's see if you can go to sleep and wake up early too!
    I did!- I went to bed ridiculously early. (well, for me anyway (midnight)) and I woke up at 9:30am which wasn't too bad either.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.