Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else only learnt certain essays that they think will come up? I am only learning 3 from each topic cause i don't think i can learn them all in time

ReputationRep:
    Also why the fuk do all the researchers' names have to be so hard lol? Ehrhardt kiss my ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucywedgbrow)
    has anyone else only learnt certain essays that they think will come up? I am only learning 3 from each topic cause i don't think i can learn them all in time
    Yes I'm learning the 4 predicted essays Loopa has per topic, but I'm gonna really focus on the top one or two

F*ck I'm taking a risk here

ReputationRep:
    Could they ask 'Outline and evaluate the biosocial approach to gender development including gender dysphoria'

Which is how it's worded on the spec

What would you talk about?
    The biosocial or gender dysphoria?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeElizabeth01)
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...3-QP-JUN15.PDF

He came up last year

I'm on about gender sorry- didn't know he got about that much haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMC113)
    You do know that we're talking about gender, right?
    Thought you were talking about Cognition and Development

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Yes I'm learning the 4 predicted essays Loopa has per topic, but I'm gonna really focus on the top one or two

F*ck I'm taking a risk here
    I'm doing that too, not the only one taking a risk

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys bothering learning what came up last year in depth? Because they've never put the same question 2 years in a row, is it worth disregarding those topics or...?

ReputationRep:
    In the neural and hormonal aggression essay, do you think when I'm talking about neurones it's okay to just talk about serotonin and forget about dopamine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckalouu)
    Are you guys bothering learning what came up last year in depth? Because they've never put the same question 2 years in a row, is it worth disregarding those topics or...?
    I noticed that pattern as well so I just skipped the topics from last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieschofield)
    In the neural and hormonal aggression essay, do you think when I'm talking about neurones it's okay to just talk about serotonin and forget about dopamine?
    Yeah definitely cut all that out if you can afford to, for me i need serotonin and dopamine bcuz i wouldnt have enough AO1 and AO2 without it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckalouu)
    I noticed that pattern as well so I just skipped the topics from last year

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what if I did 2 or 3 studies, methodological problems for all of them and then like 3 Idas. Would that still get me around 12+ out of 16? Basically what I'm getting at is sometimes it's easier to improvise Ida and methodology problems on the spot but studies are harder to remember so in the exam would they all be valued equally? Please let me know what you guys think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieschofield)
    Don't disregard it completely- just put high levels of dopamine are associated with aggressive behaviours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    Yes that is a lot but you have to remember there is a depth vs breadth trade off and examiners are made aware of this all the time. So using 6 brief studies can get you exactly the same marks as 3 detailed studies (not exactly the ratio btw just an example) Either way you must link back to the question regardless
    Okay good, the studies I use are generally detailed so hopefully I can get away with 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sukirtha)
    Hey, what if I did 2 or 3 studies, methodological problems for all of them and then like 3 Idas. Would that still get me around 12+ out of 16? Basically what I'm getting at is sometimes it's easier to improvise Ida and methodology problems on the spot but studies are harder to remember so in the exam would they all be valued equally? Please let me know what you guys think
    Yeah that sounds fine as long as you do the 2 or 3 studies in a fair amount of detail, and I wouldn't think you'd ever really need more than 2 IDA points, instead just do some general wider evaluation like practical applications or something

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else having trouble writing the essays in times conditions? I just wrote a breakdown of relationships essays in 33 minutes - 3 mins over how long it should take and my hand kills! I was writing so fast and my writing was so messy. I have no idea how I'm going to write 3 essays in time conditions tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sukirtha)
    I don't know if it will get the marks but his is my plan too so I hope so lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    Yeah that sounds fine as long as you do the 2 or 3 studies in a fair amount of detail, and I wouldn't think you'd ever really need more than 2 IDA points, instead just do some general wider evaluation like practical applications or something
    By 'detail' how much exactly do you mean? And even if we do more Ida it still counts as normal evaluation right?

ReputationRep:
    how accurate are loopa predictions usually??

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.