Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    @Sarasenz's Fez

Just for fun i plugged the Welsh Assembly swing (2.05% from Lab to Con) into our 7 Tory targets for Westminster. Labour hold Wrexham and Clwyd South by just 2% of the vote (probably less than 1000 votes).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No real change in the London Assembly
    Labour - 0
    Tory - -1
    Lib Dem - -1
    UKIP - +2
    Green - 0
    On the whole is hasn't been a bad election for the tories ..... And its been great for UKIP
    Labour - Well ....Its hasn't been to good has it ? Absolutely no penetration against the tories .....( As in losing seats
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    I can understand why being understaffed causes major issues - I hope the issue is resolved soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I know it got a bit off-topic but I just feel it is a bit unfair you were directing it purely at me and Uzer. However, I do not regard this as spam. However, I will respect what you are saying and will not post anything else in this thread on that topic.
    Except I wasn't… :rolleyes: You know, you aren't at the centre of the whole galaxy, and like other people (who understand this naturally), if I don't quote or tag you, I'm not speaking to you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    On this day 251 years ago Victory was floated from her dock.

(And then 250 years later the labour party lost any hope of a majority for at least a decade, and liberal democrats became a severely endangered species)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Potentially but the demographic of London seems to be increasingly labour (just about the only place in the uk that is )
    Part of that being that the Tories know how they have to shift to gain, labour don't. We should already be planning the next couple of decades based on London. What has to be remembered about Tooting though is that it is a small majority, only 5.3%, hell, even mark Clarke nearly won it. Then there is looking at the demographics and picking a candied on that basis, for instance it has the third highest Asian population in London and is fairly well off, particularly in the North of the constituency. Run a positive campaign focused in the south with a local candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Part of that being that the Tories know how they have to shift to gain, labour don't. We should already be planning the next couple of decades based on London. What has to be remembered about Tooting though is that it is a small majority, only 5.3%, hell, even mark Clarke nearly won it. Then there is looking at the demographics and picking a candied on that basis, for instance it has the third highest Asian population in London and is fairly well off, particularly in the North of the constituency. Run a positive campaign focused in the south with a local candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It'll be fairly close, although apparently they want a by election before the EU referendum which you think might play into labour's hands.
    Can't help but feel that goldsmiths campaign may have soured the image of the Tories in London, and quite a few Tories like warsi and Boff have said as much.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    @Sarasenz's Fez

Just for fun i plugged the Welsh Assembly swing (2.05% from Lab to Con) into our 7 Tory targets for Westminster. Labour hold Wrexham and Clwyd South by just 2% of the vote (probably less than 1000 votes).
    Looks like a matter of time unless Labour increase their popularity again. The thing in Wales is that both main parties right now are both government and opposition.

ReputationRep:
    Quite happy to see Green, PAP and a trade unionist getting elected West and Derry. DUP have sucked votes out of the UUP though. Their fear campaign has depressingly worked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    If anyone needs to recover, there will be whiskey for free. (except if you're in Labour.)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    If anyone needs to recover, there will be whiskey for free. (except if you're in Labour.)
    boo hiss
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was about to say anybody who down out their sorrows about the impending collapse of Labour can drink on me (females preferable )

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You should amend that to just those who voted for QQ.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You should amend that to just those who voted for QQ.
    I was actually about to say, unless you voted for Fez...!!

Saracen's Fez - please have as much beer as you want

ReputationRep:
    In reference to Fez's political death..

ReputationRep:
    I was actually about to say, unless you voted for Fez...!!

Saracen's Fez - please have as much beer as you want
    Still
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

And an excellent song regardless
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Why have I not seen this until now? :eek:

In love with the music, classic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Still
    Well, I think we can guess how you voted

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.