Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    I am not autistic.
    So is your ignorance to politics made to suit how the general public perceives political issues, and thus feel more 'fit in' with society? If you negate that as well, then I don't know why you are on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I got an email from homerton on thursday about sending certificates.
    Why lead me on why.
    Can't you wait till friday and stop giving hope to the rejectees. Thanks natasha thomas.
    Same here, are your certificates stamped and signed by a representative from your school/college? My school just gave them to me with nothing stamped or signed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Ngl you do sound 16 sometimes...
    I wonder how you say that, when a person just literally expressed the most annoying thing that is wrong with society these days. As if it has become normal to act like a parrot of the propaganda that the media has been throwing you at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Ngl you do sound 16 sometimes...
    For the record, I do not support Trump but such sheer ignorance and absolute repetition of propaganda can't not make you a tiny bit angry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Insight314)
    I wonder how you say that, when a person just literally expressed the most annoying thing that is wrong with society these days. As if it has become normal to act like a parrot of the propaganda that the media has been throwing you at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the record, I do not support Trump but such sheer ignorance and absolute repetition of propaganda can't not make you a tiny bit angry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do calm down, stress at such an hour isn't helping.

BioOx was joking, that's all. I just found your use of 'autistic' as an insult uncomfortable, it's the kind of thing I used to hear from younger students in school and never really liked. But maybe that's just me being too sensitive.

It's okay, don't get too worked up over it :-)

ReputationRep:
    Name:  7a0802175cb6fda1e6da2ae16e176f2f.png
Views: 284
Size:  112.5 KB

Am I screwed?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please take off your smartie pants,

It is not my problem that you have been aggravated by a simple joke.By choosing an offensive way to express your discomfort you effectively showcased an example of an arrogant, immature student.

My friend is autistic. It really struck me when you called me like that. People like you discriminate without having a reason. Please use your lateral thinking abilities and do not act impulsively. Joke and return a joke.... not an offense. Express your opinions more calmly. It will help you to achieve a greater success in life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Name:  7a0802175cb6fda1e6da2ae16e176f2f.png
Views: 284
Size:  112.5 KB

Am I screwed?
    Where did you find this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Where did you find this?
    In my UCAS Track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Where did you find this?
    Inspect element I imagine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Inspect element I imagine
    Yep you got me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexeiLipov)
    Same here, are your certificates stamped and signed by a representative from your school/college? My school just gave them to me with nothing stamped or signed...
    Basically i got my school to send a letter signed by head of year saying these certfificates are legit etc etc but the certfificates havent veen touched(thought it was better if they weren't).
    I havent sent step or GCSE ones though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So is your ignorance to politics made to suit how the general public perceives political issues, and thus feel more 'fit in' with society? If you negate that as well, then I don't know why you are on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wozza.
    Chill out mate what happened to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wozza.
    Chill out mate what happened to you.
    Nothing quite like politics to get people riled up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Is insight putin.
    Thats my question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is insight putin.
    Thats my question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He did say he was from the east......

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Politics brings out the worst in people.

I still feel bad about some of the things I said after the Brexit vote. I turned against my own people

ReputationRep:
    jneill,

Okay, I don't know what's going on.

My mum just got called by one of the teachers in my school that she should come to results day to be interviewed with me for two newspapers. I also have to wear my secondary school's uniform.

What the hell does this mean? It mustn't be a sign since schools find out on Wednesday. Is it possible for Cambridge to have told them in particular?

If it's not a sign, then how can they seriously think I won't be pressured when there is a possibility I go to results day and get rejected. I am even more stressed about results day now.

ReputationRep:
    Is insight putin.
    Thats my question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea what you're saying.
    Read the above post, I am shocked.
    I was expecting call on Wednesday if I have met my offer but wtf.
    What do I do?

jneill,

Okay, I don't know what's going on.

My mum just got called by one of the teachers in my school that she should come to results day to be interviewed with me for two newspapers. I also have to wear my secondary school's uniform.

What the hell does this mean? It mustn't be a sign since schools find out on Wednesday. Is it possible for Cambridge to have told them in particular?

If it's not a sign, then how can they seriously think I won't be pressured when there is a possibility I go to results day and get rejected. I am even more stressed about results day now.
    I heard that schools actually receive our results a week before we do. If that's true, your school has had your results since last Thursday. Apologies if I'm wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.