Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Yeah thats it
    Oh aha fair enough, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Restructuring isn't DCM btw, pretty much most restructuring work is done by EBs or advisory houses.

Imo, the best ECM/DCM teams are where banks can underwrite on a deal. That means there's potential not just to make money on fees but to also make some cash on any spreads that arise from underwriting. Advisory only cap markets is good too, but I'd think you'd be limited without a balance sheet to offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cheers dude

ReputationRep:
    Apolgoies for double posting, but I is a bit confused.

I know JPM doesn't accept penultimate students for SA, but I can't seem to their off-cycle program? Are penultimates applying to IB FT or off-cycle?

(edit: I can only see an off-cycle for markets)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)
    Apolgoies for double posting, but I is a bit confused.

I know JPM doesn't accept penultimate students for SA, but I can't seem to their off-cycle program? Are people applying to FT or off-cycle?
    What do you mean doesnt accept penultimate ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavgav123)
    What do you mean doesnt accept penultimate ?
    I was under the impression that penultimate students graduating in summer '17 can't apply to summer internships at JPM, along with DB, HSBC and CS.

Could be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)
    I was under the impression that penultimate students graduating in summer '17 can't apply to summer internships at JPM, along with DB, HSBC and CS.

Could be wrong
    If you're graduating in summer 2017, you are not a penultimate student. You are a final year student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)

Could be wrong
    Penultimate is going into the year before last, you mean final year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're graduating in summer 2017, you are not a penultimate student. You are a final year student.
    haha wow derp

Yep everytime I said penultimate I meant final

So just to check, as final years can only apply to JPM IB FT or off-cycle (presuming not open)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)
    haha wow derp

Yep everytime I said penultimate I meant final

So just to check, as final years can only apply to JPM IB FT or off-cycle (presuming not open)?
    Thought so.
    Yes, believe thats correct. Look at the end of the first post of this thread for more info.

ReputationRep:
    Thought so.
    Yes, believe thats correct. Look at the end of the first post of this thread for more info.
    Danke schoen

ReputationRep:
    Any way to view my UBS application? As in what I put for the questions etc.? Can´t find any option to see it.

ReputationRep:
    Just had an email from Citi about the Secondary Education thing. Told me they've updated it. No further action required.

Hmmmmmm. Still no test invite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Just had an email from Citi about the Secondary Education thing. Told me they've updated it. No further action required.

Same here and I've done the test so guessing that means I passed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)

Haha same. Where's that god damn test at?! Some people have already got interviews/AC's..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what UBS telephone interview is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Same here and I've done the test so guessing that means I passed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, I got rejected yesterday, but today still received that damn email as well, I think it is just sent to all applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    How long did you wait for your invite? Or are you one of those that got invited straight away?

About an hour for the invite after doing business 1.

ReputationRep:
    anyone here with an idea on when BNP Paribas plans to post its Corporate Finance Summer Internship Programme?

so far they only posted the Global Markets programme?!

also: has SocGen stopped hiring in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    I passed the initial screening for hsbc global banking and markets. I was expecting a numerical test but instead i got a sjt and a verbal reasoning :/ . Has anyone done these?
    Yeah, no numerical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by networx)
    anyone here with an idea on when BNP Paribas plans to post its Corporate Finance Summer Internship Programme?

so far they only posted the Global Markets programme?!

also: has SocGen stopped hiring in London?
    I doubt SocGen have stopped hiring, I think they just open later although they only took 12 summer interns last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.