The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    First real test of the season and not only failure in result but also in performance. Basically clear second best except for 15 mins of the start of the 2nd half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    KDB played well. Good on him.

****ing Utd ruining my weekend ayayaaya

I guess it's still early days
    Don't worry pal, Liverpool are playing their first home game against Leicester tonight.

Would be the most Liverpool thing ever for us to lose - would cheer you up a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Letting City win isn't just showing everything wrong in football, but everything wrong in this world. Letting these Arabs, letting these muslims, come to the western world and imposing their way to the detriment of the british bulldog spirit. Anyone who ever cheers on City to ever win any game should surrender their passports and be sent to Guantanamo Bay.
    Who upset you man?

ReputationRep:
    Also, liked Jose's subs. Feels good after such a long time to have a manager who's proactive at changing it up. Disappointed that he never tried Rashford or Martial through the middle though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    First real test of the season and not only failure in result but also in performance. Basically clear second best except for 15 mins of the start of the 2nd half.
    2-1 flattered them immensely tbh.

I know City bossed the game and ran United's defence around, but I'd be concerned at how exhausted Bailly looked. Could've easily exploited him to score a few more.

Means nothing for us as Liverpool fans, but always nice to see United lose at home
    A win against Leicester would top it all off but forgive me for not being too optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    The worrying thing is that City were without Aguero and Kompany and still have Gundogan to come in too. This was a good opportunity for you guys to get atleast a point but Mourinho ****ed up that first half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    Who upset you man?
    Probably some Muslim gave him a dirty look on the street.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Reported x
    Reported for what?

ReputationRep:
    Can't really blame the team in the second half we did everything and City started to panic.

First half we ****ed up tactically. How ****ing unlucky is Rashford ffs.

Mans on a mad ting

ReputationRep:
    Blind chose today to **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

I know City bossed the game and ran United's defence around, but I'd be concerned at how exhausted Bailly looked. Could've easily exploited him to score a few more.

Means nothing for us as Liverpool fans, but always nice to see United lose at home
    A win against Leicester would top it all off but forgive me for not being too optimistic.
    I'd like to see a defender doing the job of 3 and not look exhausted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    In fairness, so did Bravo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

**** off back to your **** Liverpool defense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    I thought Bailly was more at fault for the first goal tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    It looked like he backed off which should have alerted Blind. Just stood and watched.

Disappointing considering he's one of the best at reading the game.

ReputationRep:
    Dirtybit
    Any highlights for Mr Highlights?

ReputationRep:
    Shame on all the City players. Who grows up thinking I'd love to play for Man City when I'm older. ****ing rent boys **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I thought we were fine after halftime. Jose just got it wrong in the first half, and City took advantage. Poor from the CB's on both occasions, but it is still a very new pairing. We had the possession in the second half and were applying plenty of pressure, had a few chances. City had the lead though so that counter attack was all they really needed.

Hopefully Jose has learned his lesson. I said way way back that I could see Herrera in the midfield 3 in the big games, and his addition was brilliant. That inverted triangle in the midfield pushed Pogba and Fellaini up closer to Zlatan. The 4-3-3 also got a lot more out of Rashford, we saw him get into that space between the FB and CB twice on the break and we nearly scored from both.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Nah, CB are on occasion going to get beaten in the air. Blind cannot just assume Bailly is going to win everything, he has to be ready to act if there is a flick on, he got caught in no mans land.

ReputationRep:
    City deserved it on the balance of play. It's a pisstake that we don't have any actual wingers though, playing 9's and 10's doesn't work too well. Need one of Rooney or Ibra to go off when we're chasing a goal tbh (and today, Rooney was better than Zlatan).

ReputationRep:
    Etihad game will be a **** show.

Poor team selection by Mourinho.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.