Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time on the 18th the STEP results go online? like is it at midnight or at like 8 or 9 in the morning??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadroj222)
    Does anyone know what time on the 18th the STEP results go online? like is it at midnight or at like 8 or 9 in the morning??
    Midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 days to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Yep you're right, I thought this was probably the case so I've decided to just wait til results day .

Do you know what times we'll know whether we've been accepted by our firms and when GBs (for STEP and A-Levels) are released? Thanks.
    Yeah, Track will update in the morning on the 18th to let you know whether you're into your insurance, firm or pending/clearing. STEP boundaries should be out either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday - hopefully tomorrow, but it varies from year to year. A-Level is defo 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yeah, Track will update in the morning on the 18th to let you know whether you're into your insurance, firm or pending/clearing. STEP boundaries should be out either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday - hopefully tomorrow, but it varies from year to year. A-Level is defo 17th.
    are you worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    are you worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really, haven't been thinking of it much. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just enjoying my summer.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, haven't been thinking of it much. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just enjoying my summer.
    That's great. I am worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    That's great. I am worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to stop thinking about work and enjoy your summer. I have no clue how you manage to be productive. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You need to stop thinking about work and enjoy your summer. I have no clue how you manage to be productive. :lol:
    I suppose he got worried these last days , not the entire summer (that would certainly be counterproductive).
    Did you study anything during summer ?
    When I finished steps I thought I'd better stop doing maths for a while . But I simply couldn't resist for more than a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    I suppose he got worried these last days , not the entire summer (that would certainly be counterproductive).
    I know, my point still stands.

Nope.

When I finished steps I thought I'd better stop doing maths for a while . But I simply couldn't resist for more than a month.
    I guess that's why you're all far better mathematicians than I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    I've been doing maths nonstop since my last exam... kinda sad really lol.

ReputationRep:
    Wot maths u been doin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This's fine bro, just make to stop and smell the roses from time to time (and report back, legit curious as to how they smell now)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Wot maths u been doin

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surprisingly enough I didn't get much done, but mainly problem solving stuff including some olympiad problems (I solved an IMO problem for the first time in the process, which is nice but it was probably one that was considered easy).
    Oh also I covered M3.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly enough I didn't get much done, but mainly problem solving stuff including some olympiad problems (I solved an IMO problem for the first time in the process, which is nice but it was probably one that was considered easy).
    Oh also I covered M3.
    Ur doing the proper good stuff. Dont do uni stuff like these other weirdos.
    What IMO problem was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Ur doing the proper good stuff. Dont do uni stuff like these other weirdos.
    What IMO problem was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's definitely fun stuff and I've improved a lot at problem solving .

I looked up the problem and it was IMO 1995 Q2:

Let a,b,c be positive real numbers such that abc=1.
    Prove that \dfrac{1}{a^3(b+c)}+\dfrac{1}{b^  3(c+a)}+\dfrac{1}{c^3(a+b)} \geq \dfrac{3}{2}.

ReputationRep:

Prove that \dfrac{1}{a^3(b+c)}+\dfrac{1}{b^  3(c+a)}+\dfrac{1}{c^3(a+b)} \geq \dfrac{3}{2}.
    https://www.artofproblemsolving.com/...lems/Problem_2

ReputationRep:
    My solution was 3b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliejackson)
    On my results page it says 'Results for this test are not available to you'?!?! I thought it was supposed to say they have not been published/released yet? Anyone else got this?
    It's more a less the same thing, they're not available to us as they haven't been released yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Ah. Very nice.
    I haven't tried it but my instant thoughts are prove singular terms then cycle or cauchy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.