Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    I know med students who are getting engaged. Feels so weird.

That's ****ed up.

On another note: I am disappointed I will miss yet another London Medics Meet. Damn you, Scotland! No actually, I really like Scotland, what with having free prescriptions and all. We need to save our money for important things. Like booze.
    Why are you missing it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Why are you missing it?!
    I'm at uni in Scotland and it's before the end of term/end of exams so I won't be heading home (nearish London) before then.

ReputationRep:
    Of the two weddings I'm going to this summer, one is a medic, and both brides are significantly younger than me. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Of the two weddings I'm going to this summer, one is a medic, and both brides are significantly younger than me. :getmecoat:
    At least you get invited

ReputationRep:
    I knew of a few (all very Christian) who got married in the first few years. Then through 5th and 6th year the numbers steadily increased. There were quite a few weddings shortly after graduation. I don't think that either my year or Cambridge are unique in this.

(Only just over 5 months till mine now! :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I knew of a few (all very Christian) who got married in the first few years. Then through 5th and 6th year the numbers steadily increased. There were quite a few weddings shortly after graduation. I don't think that either my year or Cambridge are unique in this.

(Only just over 5 months till mine now! :eek: )
    We have a handful of married couples already, and someone (not a grad) who is sitting finals heavily pregnant. Brave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    We have a handful of married couples already, and someone (not a grad) who is sitting finals heavily pregnant. Brave!
    Yeah, one of the girls in my year did finals at 8 1/2 months I believe. Not a decision I would make.

ReputationRep:
    I get a lot of 'when are you getting married' when people find out I've been going out with my boyfriend for 3.5 years. It'a flown by so it feels a bit weird to talk about getting married. Plus I don't know how you get married on a student budget. I don't think I'd want to tbh. If we wait til I'm not a student, we'll have been together 8 years which sounds like ages! Ha, one extreme to the other, I sound like I'm never happy

ReputationRep:
    Cleaners is the reason I live in halls.
    They are great, but it's too easy to become a slob with them tidying up after me

ReputationRep:
    Me: "I'm not a nurse."
    Are you a student or doctor out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Think she's a student doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Student, I was HCAing.

I would be so disappointed if they asked me if I was a nurse and I was a Dr, but it sometimes does happen to young female Drs, esp if the patients are old.

ReputationRep:
    They are great, but it's too easy to become a slob with them tidying up after me
    I will live in halls for as long as I can. Just less hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Student, I was HCAing.
    I would be so disappointed if they asked me if I was a nurse and I was a Dr, but it sometimes does happen to young female Drs, esp if the patients are old.
    oh okay, i should've ruled out doc when you mentioned halls tbh
    I got the impression it was a "I'm not a nurse actually, I'm a doctor..." scenario,

must've made your day a little more interesting though! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Think she's a student doctor.
    Haha, jury's still out on that title, but I'd hate to be called it at least preclinical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)

It looks worse every time I see it.
    I think we have a new contender for forum wasteman once crazylemon has graduated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Spoiler:
    Show

It looks worse every time I see it.
    I heard about the writing that was pretty much just squiggles :')

looks beautiful man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, one of the girls in my year did finals at 8 1/2 months I believe. Not a decision I would make.
    I don't believe it was a deliberate decision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Not to be a gossip...but I heard the opposite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Interesting - the one in our year was. Anyone I know?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.